Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 09:45 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,567,369 times

Advertisements

US needs special laws for jihad terrorists.

Islamic Jihad is the biggest threat to the free world and should be treated as such.

Old 11-09-2015, 09:58 AM

371 posts, read 258,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Prisoners of a War. Nothing inhumane about it. How humane was it to be part of killing close to 3000 US Citizens. We treat them feal well too. Our POW historically havent been treated as good as these guys.
POW's have rights. These prisoners don't.

Old 11-09-2015, 10:13 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,237,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad14 View Post
Pentagon plan to close Guantanamo expected in coming week

Good. Either charge them or release them. I could only imagine fighting against my enemy only to be captured and held literally for the rest of my life for doing what I thought was right...just unbelievable..112 left only 53 "eligible" for release....its inhumane.

... "inhumane"... ? Nonsense.

Old 11-09-2015, 10:16 AM

4,081 posts, read 3,607,867 times
Do you Liberals really want these people on U.S. soil?

Old 11-09-2015, 10:38 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:

Good. Either charge them or release them. I could only imagine fighting against my enemy only to be captured and held literally for the rest of my life for doing what I thought was right...just unbelievable..112 left only 53 "eligible" for release....its inhumane.
Good. It is way past time.

Old 11-09-2015, 11:23 AM

57,311 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Have you ever seen what we have in our prisons, what makes you scared of incarcerating them in the US.

Some will be sent overseas to other countries but some should be sent to the US until they can be tried.
Imagine that a trial for crimes committed, what an innovative concept

Last edited by Goodnight; 11-09-2015 at 11:48 AM..

Old 11-09-2015, 11:39 AM

4,800 posts, read 3,511,121 times
Quote:
POW's have rights. These prisoners don't.
Only if said country follows Geneva convention. Ask Sen Mcain about pow rights. Different topic, but they are getting very fair treatment till trial, which doesnt have to happen quickly in a military arena.. different laws govern wars.

Old 11-09-2015, 11:48 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
I don't understand this plan. Please clue me in.

According to the article,

The Pentagon's plan outlining the long-stalled effort to close the Guantanamo Bay detention center, expected in the coming week, includes details suggesting that the Centennial Correctional Facility in Colorado is one suitable site to send detainees whom officials believe should never be released, administration officials said.

So basically, the Gitmo would be closed, the detainees would be sent to a facility here in the United States. And the purpose of that is what exactly?

the plan makes no recommendations on which of seven U.S. sites is preferred and provides no rankings. But it lists the prison sites in Colorado, South Carolina and Kansas that a Pentagon assessment team reviewed in recent months and mentions advantages and disadvantages for the facilities. Those elements can include the facilities' locations, costs for renovations and construction, the ability to house troops and hold military commission hearings, and health care facilities

Doesn't sound very Cost-efficient.

Oh well

So Gitmo becomes Gitmo-domestic lol haha

Old 11-09-2015, 11:52 AM

371 posts, read 258,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
I am not a liberal. Just don't believe in locking people up with no evidence of their crime and never being allowed a lawyer or a trial to be found guilty or not guilty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Only if said country follows Geneva convention. Ask Sen Mcain about pow rights. Different topic, but they are getting very fair treatment till trial, which doesnt have to happen quickly in a military arena.. different laws govern wars.
Some of them will NEVER get a trial. Its outrageous.

Old 11-09-2015, 12:13 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,237,301 times
Quote:
I am not a liberal. Just don't believe in locking people up with no evidence of their crime and never being allowed a lawyer or a trial to be found guilty or not guilty.

Some of them will NEVER get a trial. Its outrageous.
They all have lawyers. They have since Day One. The military goes out of it's way to accommodate these people.

And they are there for a reason. Most of them were captured by Special Forces/Special Operations teams for being heavily involved in terrorist organizations and operations and organizing and committing acts of terror. these aren't just 'innocent civilians out walking their dog'...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies