Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 12:17 PM

57,311 posts, read 26,228,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't understand this plan. Please clue me in.

According to the article,

The Pentagon's plan outlining the long-stalled effort to close the Guantanamo Bay detention center, expected in the coming week, includes details suggesting that the Centennial Correctional Facility in Colorado is one suitable site to send detainees whom officials believe should never be released, administration officials said.

Pentagon plan to close Guantanamo expected in coming week

So basically, the Gitmo would be closed, the detainees would be sent to a facility here in the United States. And the purpose of that is what exactly?

the plan makes no recommendations on which of seven U.S. sites is preferred and provides no rankings. But it lists the prison sites in Colorado, South Carolina and Kansas that a Pentagon assessment team reviewed in recent months and mentions advantages and disadvantages for the facilities. Those elements can include the facilities' locations, costs for renovations and construction, the ability to house troops and hold military commission hearings, and health care facilities

Pentagon plan to close Guantanamo expected in coming week

Doesn't sound very Cost-efficient.

Oh well

So Gitmo becomes Gitmo-domestic lol haha
Cost efficient, it's around $2-3 Million per detainee to keep them in Guantanamo.

Old 11-09-2015, 12:21 PM

371 posts, read 258,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
They all have lawyers. They have since Day One. The military goes out of it's way to accommodate these people.

And they are there for a reason. Most of them were captured by Special Forces/Special Operations teams for being heavily involved in terrorist organizations and operations and organizing and committing acts of terror. these aren't just 'innocent civilians out walking their dog'...
They are freedom fighters fighting an illegal occupation and invasion of their country. Its pretty simple. I would do same thing if another country invaded my country.I am sure most of us here would.

Old 11-09-2015, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
They all have lawyers. They have since Day One. The military goes out of it's way to accommodate these people.

And they are there for a reason. Most of them were captured by Special Forces/Special Operations teams for being heavily involved in terrorist organizations and operations and organizing and committing acts of terror. these aren't just 'innocent civilians out walking their dog'...
If that were true then they should have been tried convicted and sentenced over the course of 10 years, they were not.

Old 11-09-2015, 12:24 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,510,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad14 View Post
They are freedom fighters fighting an illegal occupation and invasion of their country. Its pretty simple. I would do same thing if another country invaded my country.I am sure most of us here would.
They are not freedom fighters. Once they hit us in 9/11, game was on, ROE, and they were enemies of the state. They are us citizens with too many parkings. They have no rights.. they killed us citizens..

Old 11-09-2015, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
They are not freedom fighters. Once they hit us in 9/11, game was on, ROE, and they were enemies of the state. They are us citizens with too many parkings. They have no rights.. they killed us citizens..
And the US government/military has been murdering foreign nationals for over 100 years. Stop being a hypocrite. On top of fact I don't believe the official 9/11 story either way. Regardless. They are freedom fighters. Only Al Qaeda SUPPOSEDLY had something to do with 9/11. Iraq's didn't and not every single person in GITMO was involved with Al Qaeda. Even if they were it STILL does not give ANY government the right to keep them locked in a cage forever without charge or trial. I will not shed any tears when same **** happens to US soldiers...sadly a lot of soldiers must sign up for military so they can afford college or learn a skill.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:02 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,510,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad14 View Post
And the US government/military has been murdering foreign nationals for over 100 years. Stop being a hypocrite. On top of fact I don't believe the official 9/11 story either way. Regardless. They are freedom fighters. Only Al Qaeda SUPPOSEDLY had something to do with 9/11. Iraq's didn't and not every single person in GITMO was involved with Al Qaeda. Even if they were it STILL does not give ANY government the right to keep them locked in a cage forever without charge or trial. I will not shed any tears when same **** happens to US soldiers...sadly a lot of soldiers must sign up for military so they can afford college or learn a skill.
Well over 200 years we have been moving forward and killing threats to our nation.. HooYah America.
We have the right to do what we want under terrorism or threat to this nation.
Be thankful the US protects your freedoms and safety by getting rid of threats daily.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:14 PM

1,431 posts, read 913,336 times
Obama already released 5 of the world's deadliest terrorists in exchange for a traitor, so they might as well close it down.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:14 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Cost efficient, it's around $2-3 Million per detainee to keep them in Guantanamo.
I thought you want the detainees to be released. No? How much do you think this "plan" is going to cost tax payers? It costs less? really? I think not. Moving all these detainees from one facility to another is not cost efficient. Isn't that common sense to you?

Old 11-09-2015, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Well over 200 years we have been moving forward and killing threats to our nation.. HooYah America.
We have the right to do what we want under terrorism or threat to this nation.
Be thankful the US protects your freedoms and safety by getting rid of threats daily.
Threats that it funds,trains,directs and invents. "protecting" us by inventing evil guys to "protect" us from so they can then steal more of our rights under the guise of "protecting" us. See right through it. Don't cry when shoe is on other foot for America. Unfortunately I doubt the freedom fighters of the world are going to care to divide the evil corrupt government that controls and dictates policy from the people that are forced to sit by and can do nothing to stop them. They will take revenge against us all.Can't say I blame them really just sucks we all must perish for the stupidity of our government.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I thought you want the detainees to be released. No? How much do you think this "plan" is going to cost tax payers? It costs less? really? I think not. Moving all these detainees from one facility to another is not cost efficient. Isn't that common sense to you?
The cost of moving them to the states is minimal compared to the cost of keeping them housed at Guantanamo. How much does it cost to keep a prison inmate, $100K, $200K, this doesn't make financial sense. Keep in mind that they have been flying legal teams, support personnel back and forth to Cuba for 10 years, not very practical.

The war in Yemen has restricted the releases to that country, some will be released and some will be sent to the states awaiting a trial which should have been concluded long ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies