Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 01:39 PM

601 posts, read 1,076,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad14 View Post
Why? We have had a Black Thor,Black stormtrooper in Star Wars,Black Annie,Black actor was Nick Fury the director of S.H.I.E.L.D,Black cinderella,Black Johnny Storm in the Fantastic Four,Red in the shawshank redemption MOVIE was black in the book he is white,

There are more here

Black Actors in Traditionally White Roles - The Root

Ya get the drift...blacks have taken over white roles,so its equal when whites take over black roles. A white Shaft would be cool!
Big difference, fictional characters.

Old 11-14-2015, 01:48 PM

601 posts, read 1,076,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vizualizax90 View Post
whites for centuries have forced upon us that jesus looked like bradley cooper (despite the bible clearly saying he had bronze skin). Earlier this year christian bale was casted as moses (an egyptian prince played by a white man? Hmmm?). Type in "cleopatra movie" in google and look at the results of the women who have played her, they all look like women from a cosmopolitan ad. The list goes on, even if you think about how tom cruise was casted as "the last samurai" (samurais weren't white).

But they get mad when fictional characters are cast as black. Such as the little girl in the hunger games (look at the tweets made about that little girl, they were horrible). Or the recent black stormtrooper in star wars.

You realize all of the examples you gave were fictional right. You are semi-trolling and you know it, you just saw the opportunity to "let me try to expose their hypocrisy, even though i know how different it is). Mlk was a real man, in which to accurately portray history, you need to be on point with every detail. I love how some non-blacks love to use mlk's words against him sarcastically. It's like when the racist conservatives with their guns in their hands tell black people "what did mlk say....he said be peaceful right?" meanwhile they're loading the clip in. It's always "what would mlk say if he was alive to see the black community today?" well golly g, we wouldn't know, considering a violent white man killed him...i can bet you they would have no problem casting mlk as a white man but make the person that killed him black.

And again, as much as you sarcastically say "oh it shouldn't make a difference right? Mlk said judge a man off his character", you (just like most white people) would have a sh**-storm if you were to go to your child's school and find out your child was being taught that jesus actually looked like samuel l. Jackson's complexion. (even though it's factual his skin wasn't white).
wow!

Old 11-14-2015, 04:36 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
I think they should put a black actor to play MLK. He was black and most roles they look for someone who looks like the person they will portray. Common sense. This is a huge mistake.. white actor playing MLK?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies