Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 04:57 AM

412 posts, read 451,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We should have thousands of excess jobs if this is what investing does after the influx of trillions of dollars.

Where are they?
Building megayachts in China for one.

Luxury Mega Yacht Builders | About Pride Mega Yachts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 04:59 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epliny View Post
Don't let the title fool you.

This idiot has an answer!

She believes that stealing from those who have is how all free stuff should be paid for!
This is the mindset of today's liberals!
Like ObummerCare .. It's F-r-e-e-e doncha know!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmji36q8E4o
Yes the title fools us as she embarrasses herself like most of these so called activist are just a bunch of whiners and entitlement people.

Old 11-13-2015, 05:09 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
well hope she doesn't read the posts- these days young people can't handle bitter media and it haters- and go hang themselves or something tragic-- imagine 24- bullys every where you walk-
"Haters?" Oh, how liberals love to toss that word out for those who disagree with their liberalism!

This isn't "bullying," nor is it "hate." It's a dose of reality. These kids are being taught this nonsense, and they believe it. That is what's tragic. They really believe this crap!

Old 11-13-2015, 05:15 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times
The democrats destroyed the economy with their home loans for people who couldn't pay them back.

Then Obama doubled the national debt from $9 trillion to $18 trillion (after complaining that Bush had been unpatriotic for spending half that much.)

Now the Democrats (who are Communists, in truth) are telling the kiddies that they can have everything for free.

Yeah, just keep pushing that fairy tale and watch rich people move to Switzerland, the Caymans or Tahiti.

They can live anywhere -- nobody can stop them from leaving and spending their money elsewhere.

Should I spend my money on this ungrateful, clueless brat, or should I spend it on a nice steak dinner?

The question answers itself.

Old 11-13-2015, 05:19 AM

23,561 posts, read 17,237,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epliny View Post
The bailout money was created out of thin air!
Just like the billions that are fed to the markets every month.

It wasn't taken from anyone and the digital, (use to be paper) iou's will never be paid.
It came form obama's stash!

Old 11-13-2015, 05:22 AM

756 posts, read 424,902 times
I really can't stand this liberal notion that once you make a certain amount of money it should be taken from you and given to others.
Cavuto was explaining to her that the 1% were already being taxed at a high rate but she just wants more and more until all of the things she thinks she and her generation think they are "entitled" to, become more affordable (or free!)
Cavuto is right... push it too far and rich people will just leave and live somewhere else.

Old 11-13-2015, 05:23 AM

45,231 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
When you consider the UE rate of educated people, I don't see that as a great worry. Generally, education leads to good jobs which result in higher earnings for the employee, but mostly the employer and stock holder(think top 1%). So I say again, I wonder who gets the most financial benefit of a educated young person?
if education leads to good jobs, then it would behoove those young aspirants to save their money, secure their own funding and pick the right field of study to ensure employment and ability to pay off debt.

Old 11-13-2015, 05:25 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I wonder who gets the most financial benefit of a educated young person?
If Keely Mullen is a prime example of what an educated young person is these days, we're in HUGE trouble. She had NO CLUE of which she spoke. Poor girl has rendered herself unemployable in any type of a business capacity whatsoever.

She's a Political Science and Sociology major at Northeastern University, Boston. Liberal arts major. Zero critical thinking skills. Anyone surprised?

Old 11-13-2015, 05:26 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
This is what college students are learning. She didn't just make this up. She's being taught this. The Democrat Party and the liberals who are permanently ensconced in our institutions of higher "learning" are the biggest promoters of this nonsense.

Myth: Most of the nations wealth is owned by 1% of the population, and they are hoarding it
Truth: Wealth is created. There is no wealth "pie" that is finite. Wealthy people do not "hoard" their money; they invest it, which allows others to grow a business and create more wealth, no only for the investors, but for other people, and they create jobs and opportunity for people like this young lady to begin growing their own wealth. It's a long process, and it takes hard work and drive, but that is how wealth is created.

If I were this child's parents, I would pull her out of school so fast it would make her head spin, and tell her to get a job and work. Her formal education is done. The best place to learn about how the world works is not through "higher 'education'" but through life experience. These college kids are 'know nothings.' They have learned nothing but the rhetoric of the Left. "America is bad. The system is rigged (Elizabeth Warren). Rich people are greedy," etc., etc. But who's really greedy? They are those who think somebody else should pay for them.
Don't count on her parents understanding any of the truth, either. She said her family was on several public assistance programs and they're barely scraping by.

I actually feel sorry for her because she made a COLOSSAL fool of herself.

Old 11-13-2015, 05:29 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Well, I think you need to look at the specifics of where that money went. Who did it go to, and what did they do with it? Certainly Obama gave money to a lot of so-called "green" energy firms that were not sound investments in the first place, and many have since gone "belly up."

Millions were invested in the ridiculous "Cash for Clunkers" program, which resulted in a dearth of good used cars, pushing the prices of available used cars way up. That program was a failure.

When Obama bailed out GM, he violated the law, and those who had invested their hard earned money in GM got screwed. They should have been paid first.

There is nothing wrong with what I posted. That's how the system works. Private investors put their money into stocks which help a company grow. They do not "hoard" their money (which would be stupid ... you want your money to work for you). It is when the government gets involved that the system breaks down. This system has worked well for all of our history, which is how America became the wealthiest nation in the world with the highest standard of living. Look at the Reagan years, when the economy was booming. What changed? One thing that changed was Jimmy Carter's "chickens" coming home to roost (the CRA) which had been predicted and warned about for many years; the bad loans that were made and then bundled and sold to investors as "mortgage backed securities." They became worthless.
They put their money into oil running it up to almost $150 a barrel which harmed the economy.

College graduates don't create businesses and jobs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies