Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 01:35 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,850,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtoiletsmkgdflrpots View Post
Ok, I'm "dumb as a rock" regarding political events and the news....however, given the air superiority, why put boots on the ground ever?

Agreed! Unleash the Daisy Cutters and strafe them back to the stone ages, where they belong. Is that harsh and uncaring with regard to the innocent civilians? Hell yes it is, but those people are going to be destroyed by the terrorist that are there right now. In fact, they are going to be raped, tortured, stoned, beheaded, blown up, thrown off buildings, etc., if these militant jihadis are not destroyed.

This has become a genecidal war and if the ME is incapable of putting out the flames, then the nations of the West need to work together and END this garbage NOW.

Shock and Awe is what is truly needed. No half-@ssed attempts either. The bombing stops when the entire body is destroyed. No more chopping off a hand here and a kneecap there. This needs to END!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 01:39 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,850,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
That is why Bush, Rubio, both suck.

I am wondering what Trump would do, He is a businessman. I don't agree with him 100%, but I do like him. I seriously am wondering what he would do, I don't think he is willing to risk so many American lives.

Sanders doesn't seem like a Hawk either. I have to wait and see.
Trump has made it clear he believes he "knows more about ISIS than all US military generals and the CIA and intends to bomb the ship out of them."

It's an applause line for the 99% of U.S. adults, many of whom are armchair warriors, who have never served in the military.

Old 11-16-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtoiletsmkgdflrpots View Post
Ok, I'm "dumb as a rock" regarding political events and the news....however, given the air superiority, why put boots on the ground ever?
Geneva Convention is one reason.

Old 11-16-2015, 01:42 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Agreed! Unleash the Daisy Cutters and strafe them back to the stone ages, where they belong. Is that harsh and uncaring with regard to the innocent civilians? Hell yes it is, but those people are going to be destroyed by the terrorist that are there right now. In fact, they are going to be raped, tortured, stoned, beheaded, blown up, thrown off buildings, etc., if these militant jihadis are not destroyed.

This has become a genecidal war and if the ME is incapable of putting out the flames, then the nations of the West need to work together and END this garbage NOW.

Shock and Awe is what is truly needed. No half-@ssed attempts either. The bombing stops when the entire body is destroyed. No more chopping off a hand here and a kneecap there. This needs to END!
USA dropped 7.8 million tons of bombs on Vietnam during that war, more than twice what allies dropped in all over WW2. Still did not do the trick. Unless you go nuclear - which no one is realistically going to do - you can't win this kind of a thing just from the air. There are too many places to hide and ways to escape. Viet Cong did it very effectively with underground tunnels, despite having vastly inferior technology and firepower compared to American forces. And who ended up winning?

Old 11-16-2015, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Last I checked, the Muslims have been at war with us for a very long time. We just havent officially recognized it. It goes back a long time. Until someone has the stomach to get rid of Islam, we will continue to be at war..
1.6 billion people all over the world?

Old 11-16-2015, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
If France declares war I don't think they are going to wait for 2017 when Obama is out of office.

Who ever would have thought that America would become the real cheese eating surrender monkeys.

This is not a racist or code word or a dog whistle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUjGf2Grrus

Old 11-16-2015, 01:45 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,146,229 times
I guess we'll never learn. Since WWII we have had a less than stellar record when it comes to full-scale military deployments. Our leaders historically have shown a lack of foresight when it comes to the consequences from prolonged military engagements. The consequences for that lack of foresight have been profound. I think it's time we stop being the world's police force.

Old 11-16-2015, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
USA dropped 7.8 million tons of bombs on Vietnam during that war, more than twice what allies dropped in all over WW2. Still did not do the trick. Unless you go nuclear - which no one is realistically going to do - you can't win this kind of a thing just from the air. There are too many places to hide and ways to escape. Viet Cong did it very effectively with underground tunnels, despite having vastly inferior technology and firepower compared to American forces. And who ended up winning?

That's why boots on the ground is senseless, other than for operational purposes until 10K sorties have annihilated the enemy and the boots can go in and finish things up. These terrorists need to see the REAL US military, not the pansy-ass one that Obama is trying to create!

Old 11-16-2015, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
The GC doesn't cover terrorists. The Left seems to think it does, but it doesn't.
Terrorists have no Geneva rights.

It gets sticky real quick when you indiscriminately bomb everyone.

Old 11-16-2015, 01:58 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,332,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
LOL. Sheeple
Lol...I'm a realist. We are suppose to take serious the idea of outlawing the beliefs of hundreds of millions of people?

Do you really expect someone to take that seriously? Please don't tell me you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies