Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2015, 02:56 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,237,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
...because Christian countries invaded and occupied their lands.

LOL! Exactly which muslim lands are we occupying?

And do you really believe they need an excuse apart from Islam itself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 02:56 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,842,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
Why not eradicate all religious people? How about we start building some massive gas chambers? We can start with the Muslims and end with the Buddhists.
No one is targeting religious people. You brought that up. This is a war against ISIS, Al Qaeda or any Terrorist group that publicly declares the US as an enemy.

Old 11-16-2015, 02:58 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Why does that matter. The left is always stating that all conservative are in lock step over every issue, why doesn't the same hold true on the left?
Do you want to discuss what I said or your boogeymen? Only you know what they say and I'm not going to waste my time trying to decipher the foolishness.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:08 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
...because Christian countries invaded and occupied their lands.
LOL..you may want to dust off your history book my friend.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Do you want to discuss what I said or your boogeymen? Only you know what they say and I'm not going to waste my time trying to decipher the foolishness.
What you "discussed" was a dismissive statement about ending rain or other some such nonsense. Explain how you expected a rational response to that?

Old 11-16-2015, 03:24 PM

7,541 posts, read 11,580,682 times
We do not have 5 to 15 trillion more to spend and can not afford to send 5k to 40k troops with 5k to 10k more dead solders . We have been at war way to long time to end it electing a republican in 2016 will guarantee a way with Syria and Russia

Old 11-16-2015, 03:30 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,139,994 times
Quote:
I don't propose for it to be a long deployment. After the initial strafing, boots on the ground will be there to round up the remains of the enemy and confirm mission success. I am not looking at this like Bush did. We are not there for nation building, we are there to kill the enemy, and make it clear that America is going to deal with any terrorist activity in the same way.
Yep and Bush did such a fine job of it. How do you round up the enemy when you can't tell which are enemies and which are civilians? Dealing with this in to Heavy Handed of a way will only create more enemies. Why do you think doing the same thing again will yield a different result?

Old 11-16-2015, 03:31 PM

132 posts, read 91,681 times
Quote:
Yep and Bush did such a fine job of it. How do you round up the enemy when you can't tell which are enemies and which are civilians? Dealing with this in to Heavy Handed of a way will only create more enemies. Why do you think doing the same thing again will yield a different result?
Oh yes and Obama is doing such a spectacular job.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:34 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
What you "discussed" was a dismissive statement about ending rain or other some such nonsense. Explain how you expected a rational response to that?
Yes, mine was a foolish response to an equally foolish statement.

A reply in kind if you will.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:37 PM

Quote:

Bush didn't finish the job. After the dust settles, I don't think there will be too much trouble telling the difference. Bush created more enemies because Powell didn't finish the job in Desert Storm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies