Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If we have an attack like Paris, do you still support your decision to allow Syrains to immigrate in
Yes, I still support my decision 28 25.23%
No, I would change my mind 3 2.70%
Neither, I don't support the decision to let Syrians immigrate 80 72.07%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 07:03 AM

628 posts, read 1,317,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
they are being vetted, no-one is just 'letting them in'
In effect, that is exactly what's happening. How are they being vetted when these people are fleeing a 3rd world country with minimal, if any paper trail behind them? There is no way our government can vett the intentions of these refugees other than to just ask them the obvious questions. A temporary halt to the influx is the prudent thing to do here until better means of vetting are available. Obama is going to veto any legislation that changes/improves the vetting procedures....a big glaring why should be obvious question of the day. What does he have to lose by slowing down and letting the concerns of congress and the citizens play out? Obama seems to have a giant ego with a small amount of critical thinking skills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 07:05 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,118,404 times
The honor system is a great idea!

Old 11-19-2015, 07:05 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,727,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareb View Post
In effect, that is exactly what's happening. How are they being vetted when these people are fleeing a 3rd world country with minimal, if any paper trail behind them? There is no way our government can vett the intentions of these refugees other than to just ask them the obvious questions. A temporary halt to the influx is the prudent thing to do here until better means of vetting are available. Obama is going to veto any legislation that changes/improves the vetting procedures....a big glaring why should be obvious question of the day. What does he have to lose by slowing down and letting the concerns of congress and the citizens play out? Obama seems to have a giant ego with a small amount of critical thinking skills.
If they don't have the paper trail, then they don't get in.

Why do you think only 1% of the applicants qualify to even begin US screening? 99% are rejected before it.

Old 11-19-2015, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
And I am not going to even lie, I am seeing a lot of recent vets questioning the governor's decision to not fund refugee programs. Some of them were the ones that were on some black lives matter movement and posting all types of police brutality links. Rather than promoting safety and country first, they are promoting open hearts...

There is something in the water I am telling you. You can't have been sworn to protect your country but now not having a care for your black lives movement. This is very strange to me.
Obama is concerned about MUSLIM lives, not black lives- unless they convert.

41,110 posts, read 25,784,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
a young college age girl that was an Obama supporter. She finally saw the light and who he really is and she's not happy at all.
^^ Too late, and she's young. She will have to live with the repercussions of her naivety.

16,761 posts, read 8,238,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
No doubt that he will do ANYTHING to support muslims entering America. Also, no doubt that there are too many spineless politicians in Congress to override his vetos.
Your fear of someone's religion is showing.

Old 11-19-2015, 07:09 AM

57,409 posts, read 26,334,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
No doubt that he will do ANYTHING to support muslims entering America. Also, no doubt that there are too many spineless politicians in Congress to override his vetos.
It would be nice if either you or the OP would add some details to what the GOP is proposing before stating "I like it", wouldn't that be novel.

The vetting process takes almost 2 years and goes through several agencies, what changes are they proposing?????

You don't know what's in their proposal but you want them to override, interesting. Anything Obama wants is bad, don't let facts get in the way.

41,110 posts, read 25,784,716 times
Quote:
Sorry, once again I forgot to put my tinfoil hat one
^^^ an example of when you have no intelligent comment, you insult. The left is very good at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
I firmly believe he has gifted this country with a non-democratic President and Congress for at least a generation. I read a post today from a young college age girl that was an Obama supporter. She finally saw the light and who he really is and she's not happy at all. This has woke up the last group who has any mental capacity to grasp what is happening. Those supporters that remain are not smart enough to figure it out or depend on government hands out to the point they could careless what's happening as long as they get their handouts. These people are few, very few, and wi have no impact in the election.

Just wait until next year. His last year when he starts his end run around congress on gun laws. He will cement the death of liberalism in this country for half a century century
I hope you are right, but I doubt it. There are PLENTY of people that want their gov't chcks, are ignorant to what he is doing, or just don't care. They will vote for Hillary- who is like Obama except I doubt she is a muslim.

Old 11-19-2015, 07:10 AM

Quote:
they are being vetted, no-one is just 'letting them in'
How do you know this? Is it your trust in the Obama administration?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies