Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 10:19 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times

Advertisements

I made sure that all my kids understood before they left home that since the time before they were conceived that the world unto which they were born was constantly trying to destroy and kill them, in the end it always wins.

Start from there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2015, 10:31 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
I think it started when they were on their tricycles and they were made to put on a helmet. It was all downhill after that.

Old 12-02-2015, 10:49 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,300,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
BTW, for those who are not aware, the subject of the sermon was 1 Corinthians 13. That's the "Love is patient. Love is kind. It does not envy...." scripture.
Guess that whiny kid should avoid weddings. If I had a nickel for every Christian wedding I attended where that passage was read....

Old 12-02-2015, 11:15 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I agree. And over time it's gotten worse and worse. Now these protected kids have moved from K-12 into college..an unprotected area.

And they cannot deal with it.

And each succeeding generation is going to be worse as K-12 keeps lowering that bar.

Everyone is not a winner and everyone is not equal.
These kids came from the K-12 environment where nothing bad can be said.
"Use your words" and "Tell an adult". Never let them handle it themselves.

And now they want the same in college.
What happens when this cohort graduates and goes into the workplace ?
Business is a dog eat dog environment. You're not going to get a paycheck for just "showing up".
You don't like "use your words?" I would rather have a child tell me what's wrong than throw a tantrum. I would also like a child to "tell an adult" if something is wrong because many things require an adult to help.

Old 12-02-2015, 11:17 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You don't like "use your words?" I would rather have a child tell me what's wrong than throw a tantrum. I would also like a child to "tell an adult" if something is wrong because many things require an adult to help.
You are not in the K-12 system and really have no idea what that means.

Bullying has gotten worse because of it.

Old 12-02-2015, 11:19 AM

Quote:
You are not in the K-12 system and really have no idea what that means.

Bullying has gotten worse because of it.
You assume there are no children in my life, that is incorrect. Also bullying has gone digital, a fist fight in the school yard doesn't solve issues, though it didn't solve issues in the 50s either.

Old 12-02-2015, 11:21 AM

Quote:
You assume there are no children in my life, that is incorrect. Also bullying has gone digital, a fist fight in the school yard doesn't solve issues, though it didn't solve issues in the 50s either.
No, I said you are not IN the K-12 system. You don't see what is going on.

Old 12-02-2015, 11:23 AM

Quote:
No, I said you are not IN the K-12 system. You don't see what is going on.
Neither are you. Fist fights don't solve problems, just like they don't solve problems in adult life either.

Bullying today is digital and it is important for a child to seek help from an adult rather than deal with it on their own....which many times leads to suicide.

Old 12-02-2015, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Neither are you. Fist fights don't solve problems, just like they don't solve problems in adult life either.

Bullying today is digital and it is important for a child to seek help from an adult rather than deal with it on their own....which many times leads to suicide.
Yes I am. Sub, long term sub and tutoring.
Math 4-8, Generalist 4-8 and Tech Apps EC-12 certified.
I work in Title 1 schools.

Old 12-02-2015, 12:22 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:

Wrong! Bullies knew not to mess with that little guy quickly.
Dad being in the AF, I started 1st grade with the Germans, where dad was stationed at 5yo.
When we came here, I was always a year to a year and a half younger than my classmates.
A few problems with bullies early on at the military base in Germany, my dad taught me how to deal with a bully. It worked every time and has worked every time since.

Your right, it was not a fist fight, it was this big guy, bucking up to the little guy. A little guy that had no hesitation unleashing a Tasmanian devil after a kick in the nuts. 3rd grade playing kick ball was the first time I unleashed the guns!! It took 2 full grown teachers to get me off of him and I left right then and walked straight home.
Yes, my dad had a little talk with his dad, and we kept our distance from each other for the rest of our school days. So yes, it solved my problem with bullies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies