Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2015, 10:50 AM

5,998 posts, read 3,736,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The freedom to chose for myself, from unlimited choices, on millions of things I will deal with in my lifetime.

My unlimited choices have been narrowed down to one in many cases, with the choice then being... Take it or leave it, buddy.... You still have a choice and the freedom to choose.

Rights have I lost?

I do not have a 1st amendment any longer. I cannot worship how and where I please. I have been limited to speak in free speech zones. It is now a privilege, if the government allows.
I do not have a 2nd amendment any longer. I 'm today told by government, what weapon I can make. What weapon I can keep. What weapon I can use and most of all, what weapon I'm allowed to carry on my person, or that I cannot carry a weapon at all... Shall not be infringed and all that.
I do not have a 4th amendment any longer. The Patriot Act made sure of that, with NDAA reinforcing it.
I no longer have a 5th amendment. I can now be forced to incriminate myself in all sorts of ways for the government to be intrusive and punish.
the 10th amendment has no teeth any longer. What clearly the federal government has no business doing, have taken that power from the states, without constitutional authority to do so, under the redefined welfare clause.

You give up your freedom & liberty, but don't even ask me to give up anymore than has already been taken.
I want what has been taken back.. The only way I see that happening is with a lot of bloodshed at this point, with the corrupt over powerful governments we have today in society.
The Patriot Act is one area that we are in agreement. That law is too far reaching and needs to be abolished. Not sure why it was deemed constitutional in the first place.

No one is telling you where or how you should worship. Where are you getting that from? Is it because you are no longer allowed to discriminate against those who have lifestyles that are different than yours based on religious biases? Or is it because we are not allowing religious artifacts on grounds that are paid for and supported by those of different faiths or no faith at all?

Do you own guns? If you do then how did you obtain them if your 2nd amendment rights have been stripped from you? Are you angry because our government (who is elected by the people) are placing certain restrictions on the type of weapons civilians can own in an effort to make it as dificult as possible for just anyone to obtain them? Do you wish there were no restrictions of any kind on anything and we just let people do as they please whenever they please at the expense of everyone else's rights?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2015, 11:07 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
The Patriot Act is one area that we are in agreement. That law is too far reaching and needs to be abolished. Not sure why it was deemed constitutional in the first place.

No one is telling you where or how you should worship. Where are you getting that from? Is it because you are no longer allowed to discriminate against those who have lifestyles that are different than yours based on religious biases? Or is it because we are not allowing religious artifacts on grounds that are paid for and supported by those of different faiths or no faith at all?

Do you own guns? If you do then how did you obtain them if your 2nd amendment rights have been stripped from you? Are you angry because our government (who is elected by the people) are placing certain restrictions on the type of weapons civilians can own in an effort to make it as dificult as possible for just anyone to obtain them? Do you wish there were no restrictions of any kind on anything and we just let people do as they please whenever they please at the expense of everyone else's rights?

Yes, glad you agree, that our unlimited choices have been narrowed down to one in many cases, with the choice then being... Take it or leave it, buddy.... You still have a choice and the freedom to choose.

Tyrants.

Old 12-30-2015, 11:18 AM

188 posts, read 103,258 times
Quote:
Still no rebuttal, just hostility. I sincerely hope you don't rely on your debating "skills" for a living.

Never said I was for mob rule but what I said is true. Regulation is part of our society. I'm not familiar with the examples you provided. Not saying they're not true but I've never heard of anyone being denied feeding the homeless. Unpasteurized milk on the open market would quickly turn into a disaster when someone gets sick or dies from tainted milk. Common sense regulations are supported by a majority of the nation.

I'm guessing you're a licensed gun dealer which is fine. I have no problem with that. I used machine guns as an example but how many people would walk into a gun store (mail order according to the OP) and buy one if they were so easy to get? Would you honestly want any thug off the street to have the ability to acquire automatic weapons any time they wish so easily? I don't. That's why they're regulated to such an extent, to keep the undesirables from getting them. If it makes it slightly more difficult for you then so be it.
You have not said anything worthy of a rebuttal.

Old 12-30-2015, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccadilly Lily View Post
You have not said anything worthy of a rebuttal.
Yeah that's along the lines of what I thought you'd say. You have nothing so you deflect.

Old 12-30-2015, 01:22 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccadilly Lily View Post
You use the standard "disappeared" as if that is the gold standard. It is a Red Herring. In your and your ilks's way of thinking, as you have articulated in other words, that as long as a part of the right is intact, your right is whole and you have suffered no "harm". That position you suckle on is absolute garbage. That of tyrants and their lackeys.

Would you feel that your right to speak was intact if you were allowed to say Nouns only? Or only convey approved meanings? Or that the only speech allowed was "Yes" "No" and "Yes Sir, Yes Sir, Three Bags Full"? Using your standard that the right is intact unless is has "disappeared" it must be intact. What childish logic you use

No rights have entirely "disappeared", but so what. They have been eroded, and an eroded right is a violated right.

As far as "deflection" you are projecting again, and you can be sore about being called out, yet again.
I'll ask again because you just don't seem to be understanding. What freedoms have disappeared or "eroded" as you like to say? If you can't answer this very easy question & instead choose to deflect or insult the other poster, the only end conclusion I & everyone else on this thread who has asked this question is that you are simply on this thread to use up space. There's a word for that.

Old 12-30-2015, 01:33 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,837,240 times
Quote:
The freedom to chose for myself, from unlimited choices, on millions of things I will deal with in my lifetime.

My unlimited choices have been narrowed down to one in many cases, with the choice then being... Take it or leave it, buddy.... You still have a choice and the freedom to choose.

Rights have I lost?

I do not have a 1st amendment any longer. I cannot worship how and where I please. I have been limited to speak in free speech zones. It is now a privilege, if the government allows.
I do not have a 2nd amendment any longer. I 'm today told by government, what weapon I can make. What weapon I can keep. What weapon I can use and most of all, what weapon I'm allowed to carry on my person, or that I cannot carry a weapon at all... Shall not be infringed and all that.
I do not have a 4th amendment any longer. The Patriot Act made sure of that, with NDAA reinforcing it.
I no longer have a 5th amendment. I can now be forced to incriminate myself in all sorts of ways for the government to be intrusive and punish.
the 10th amendment has no teeth any longer. What clearly the federal government has no business doing, have taken that power from the states, without constitutional authority to do so, under the redefined welfare clause.

If you think you can no longer do those things, it's only because you think that the government gave you those rights in the first place. That is a mistake.

Old 12-30-2015, 03:03 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
If you think you can no longer do those things, it's only because you think that the government gave you those rights in the first place. That is a mistake.

The the government gave me nothing... They only took away freedoms and unlimited liberty, I already had.

I can get punished if caught for many things today, I never had to worry about "getting caught" in the past. I may be able to still do it now, but only how government tells me I am allowed to do it, or else.

My freedom is mine. Government can only get violent, or kill me for being free as I am to be.
Is it a good day to die?

Old 12-30-2015, 03:31 PM

Quote:
The the government gave me nothing... They only took away freedoms and unlimited liberty, I already had.

I can get punished if caught for many things today, I never had to worry about "getting caught" in the past. I may be able to still do it now, but only how government tells me I am allowed to do it, or else.

My freedom is mine. Government can only get violent, or kill me for being free as I am to be.
Is it a good day to die?
You can't have unlimited liberty in a structured society. Every nation has laws. How did you come to the conclusion that you should have the unrestricted ability to do what you want whenever you want even if it interferes with other people's rights? You think the Constitution gives you that right? Please quote the part of the Constitution that guarantees unrestricted liberty to do as we please with no regard for others.

If I had what you say we are entitled to then I should be able to do things like drive drunk because I don't feel like waiting for a cab. I should also be able to rob a convenience store whenever I'm a little short on cash. Why stop there? Hell, I might as well be able to shoot my neighbor because maybe I don't like the way he mows his grass. The Constitution does not guarantee what you think it does.

Old 12-30-2015, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Yeah that's along the lines of what I thought you'd say. You have nothing so you deflect.
Another example of one of your empty posts.

Old 12-30-2015, 09:55 PM

Quote:
You can't have unlimited liberty in a structured society. Every nation has laws. How did you come to the conclusion that you should have the unrestricted ability to do what you want whenever you want even if it interferes with other people's rights? You think the Constitution gives you that right? Please quote the part of the Constitution that guarantees unrestricted liberty to do as we please with no regard for others.

If I had what you say we are entitled to then I should be able to do things like drive drunk because I don't feel like waiting for a cab. I should also be able to rob a convenience store whenever I'm a little short on cash. Why stop there? Hell, I might as well be able to shoot my neighbor because maybe I don't like the way he mows his grass. The Constitution does not guarantee what you think it does.
Nobody (except you in your STRAWMAN) is talking about unlimited liberty. STRAWMEN can't swim (or even tread water) so I suggest you quit going off the deep end with your hyperbolic gibberish. Be serious, or put yourself on mute. And you wonder why nobody takes your posts seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies