Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2015, 08:14 PM

188 posts, read 103,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
I'm "lost" because you want me to be. You don't have the first clue in how to have an effective argument.
You are in the company of Mao, and Stalin, and Amin and many others. I am on the side of Jefferson, Madison, Washington, Adams.

I'm not lost. I stand for freedom, and part of that entails restricting and limiting what historically been the biggest usurper of freedom - the ruling class - and we are rapidly transitioning from governance to ruling. The only safety net we have is the RKBA which, to paraphrase Jefferson, is to deter tyranny in government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2015, 08:26 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,259,563 times
Abolishing liberty to prevent crime, only abolishes liberty, not crime.
Disarming victims does not stop the assailant, armed or not.
No government can protect everyone. Nor can you sue government for failure to protect.
Ultimately, it's YOUR responsibility to secure your right to life when under attack.

Old 12-25-2015, 09:22 PM

32,155 posts, read 15,147,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Exactly. Interesting how blind the lefties are to the reality that Government is encroaching and usurping our GOD given rights as defined by the Constitution.

Get a license, pay a fee, register this, do that.... Rights "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!" Regulation by the Government takes away rights and turns them into "privileges" that can be conferred upon us if we meet all the necessary requirements.
God didn't write the constitution...men did. So it's not god given rights

Old 12-25-2015, 09:32 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,585,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
God didn't write the constitution...men did. So it's not god given rights

Far as I know, the Constitution is still Valid, and you don't have the authority to change it.

As far as your concerned, it may as well be a "God Given Right" if God exists.

Old 12-25-2015, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Well, feel free to buy yourself an island - but to the best of my knowledge, all community of human beings have rules, even in primitive tribes. And nowhere did God give you the right to have guns, nor most of the other rights you imply.

Feel free to move yourself to an Island, since the Constitution still exists and id rule of Law. Don't need God to give us the rights. The Constitution does, and you aren't spokesman for it. Sorry.

You can always go out and disarm folks yourself, since God did not say you couldn't either.

Old 12-25-2015, 09:38 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,744,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccadilly Lily View Post
You are in the company of Mao, and Stalin, and Amin and many others. I am on the side of Jefferson, Madison, Washington, Adams.

I'm not lost. I stand for freedom, and part of that entails restricting and limiting what historically been the biggest usurper of freedom - the ruling class - and we are rapidly transitioning from governance to ruling. The only safety net we have is the RKBA which, to paraphrase Jefferson, is to deter tyranny in government.
And now the tantrum. Right on cue.

Old 12-25-2015, 09:42 PM

32,155 posts, read 15,147,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Far as I know, the Constitution is still Valid, and you don't have the authority to change it.

As far as your concerned, it may as well be a "God Given Right" if God exists.
I'm just saying god didn't write it. And yes it is changed by amendments.

Old 12-25-2015, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
. Was there ever a 'freedom' for the mentally ill to mail-order guns? Yes, and its a good thing they can't do it today. They can cry about the loss of their freedom all they want, but when their 'freedom' started costing other people their lives, then something had to be done.

Silly argument. What mentally ill people have ordered guns by "Mail" recently or in the past? Silly.

How would you tell if a person was mentally ill, buying a gun, either by mail or in person? How would you tell, if you where behind the counter? You must have some idea that it can't be done, since you claim they no longer can, so what's the secret on how you pick them out? I am Curious.

Old 12-25-2015, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I'm just saying god didn't write it. And yes it is changed by amendments.

And I am just saying it doesn't make any Difference who wrote it. Its still the rule of the Land, regardless of what others think.

I would say that it would take an "Act of God" or a Miracle, to change some of the Rights in the Constitution. (if you believe in such)

Old 12-25-2015, 09:57 PM

188 posts, read 103,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
And now the tantrum. Right on cue.
Save your tantrum, we aren't interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies