Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 09:39 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
This is what happens with big government.

If you want responsible government, you need a much smaller government.
Seems to me the rhetoric of most of the candidates for their party's 2016 nominations advocate for bigger government.

They and the media who profits off them have and will continue to fear monger and use security to justify spending.

The Iraq War ended up costing $6 Trillion when interest on debt and VA benefits are factored in. Most direct spending was not budgeted and instead, approved by appropriations. The government threw the people a tax cut bone and no one cared about spending. The military has never been able to account for their spending.

Old 12-17-2015, 09:42 AM

31,927 posts, read 27,007,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Its my contention that the Republicans have the majority. Are you denying that suddenly?

And I bring this up because so many here keep going on with the Republicans will fix things nonsense.

Under normal times and circumstances would agree with your statement that Republicans have the majority.... However as we have seen since the birth of the Tea Party while yes in numbers they are the majority in fact the House Republican caucus is dysfunctional and rather like trying to herd a bunch of wet cats.

In case you forgot it was the antics of Tea Party Republicans that caused government shut downs and other woes eventually driving JB from office.

Fact of the matter is what JB knew and PR just got schooled in; the House cannot pass anything without Democratic votes. Nancy Pelosi pretty much runs things in theory because she at least is able to control her party.

Old 12-17-2015, 09:45 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Seems to me the rhetoric of most of the candidates for their party's 2016 nominations advocate for bigger government.

They and the media who profits off them have and will continue to fear monger and use security to justify spending.

The Iraq War ended up costing $6 Trillion when interest on debt and VA benefits are factored in. Most direct spending was not budgeted and instead, approved by appropriations. The government threw the people a tax cut bone and no one cared about spending. The military has never been able to account for their spending.
This is why we need a smaller government and we should be cutting our military spending.

We waste ungodly amounts of money on foreign excursions, redundant weapons systems, foreign bases, foreign military grants, etc. etc.

We need to be spending our money on DEFENSE and caring for our soldiers.

Old 12-17-2015, 09:45 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times
You mean the Tea Party that is all for lowered spending....is your excuse for increased spending? Really? Bwahahaha.

Old 12-17-2015, 09:47 AM

Quote:
You mean the Tea Party that is all for lowered spending....is your excuse for increased spending? Really? Bwahahaha.
Once again, do you believe it's both parties or are you still going to continue cheer-leading?

Old 12-17-2015, 09:47 AM

Quote:
This is why we need a smaller government and we should be cutting our military spending.

We waste ungodly amounts of money on foreign excursions, redundant weapons systems, foreign bases, foreign military grants, etc. etc.

We need to be spending our money on DEFENSE and caring for our soldiers.
Agreed! When our definition of our needed military size is to be able to have 2 minor, and one major war at the same time we are doing it wrong. It should be "We can defend ourselves". The US should not be the worlds police.

Old 12-17-2015, 09:48 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Neither party wants to risk being perceived as responsible for another government shut down, going into 2016. That alone demanded compromise across party lines and factions within.

Old 12-17-2015, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Once again, do you believe it's both parties or are you still going to continue cheer-leading?
Did you fail to read my earlier post?

Here let me repeat it again:

Quote:
I agree its both sides, but when the Republicans have the majority, they also bear the majority (but not all) of the responsibility.
Now, are you done deflecting? I mean this is a nice way to try and change the topic, but its pretty sad too.

Republicans are in the majority, and as such are responsible for the majority of this. Its not a complicated view.

Old 12-17-2015, 09:50 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,277,731 times
Looks like the Leftists are in a Total Meltdown because there will be no Government Shutdown that they (and the Media) would blame-blame-blame on those Evil Republicans.

Giant win in the Lift on the Oil Export Ban - that one is good for the economy, good for employment and will be National Security win. We really needed this.

Old 12-17-2015, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Agreed! When our definition of our needed military size is to be able to have 2 minor, and one major war at the same time we are doing it wrong. It should be "We can defend ourselves". The US should not be the worlds police.
I agree completely. We shouldn't be the world's police. We shouldn't be sticking our nose in the affairs of others. We should have a much smaller military operating for DEFENSE. We should be reducing our military spending.

I would applaud any Democrat attempting a government shutdown to make this happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies