Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 11:50 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,642,454 times

Advertisements

Are they using bug spray bombs on the carpets. LOL Where do these phrases come from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2015, 11:57 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
They rely on the ignorance of the common Republican voter, who want to hear red-meat nonsense like carpet bombing a country with no thoughts on what will arise from the ashes.

History tells us exactly what will fill the vacuum: Anger, hatred of the United States, and more terrorism.

Guess who makes more money from the fallout? Defense contractors. Guess who is in bed with Republicans? Defense contractors. Guess who suffers, excluding the already dead and injured? The rest of the world.

If you want to know why the world hates this country, peer inside the Republican Party.
Yet Obama has bombed 7 Arab countries since he took office. 10s of 1000s were killed, many more maimed for life, millions have been displaced, their civilian infrastructure and institutions destroyed, and now there is a gigantic refugee problem because of it.

Guess who Obama likes travel around with? The CEO of GE, the largest defense contractor in the world.

My recommendation is that you stop fighting this false war of my party good, your party bad nonsense, because it's blinding you to what is happening. It makes absolutely no sense to blame the other side for something then completely ignore it on your side.

Old 12-24-2015, 12:24 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yet Obama has bombed 7 Arab countries since he took office. 10s of 1000s were killed, many more maimed for life, millions have been displaced, their civilian infrastructure and institutions destroyed, and now there is a gigantic refugee problem because of it.

Guess who Obama likes travel around with? The CEO of GE, the largest defense contractor in the world.

My recommendation is that you stop fighting this false war of my party good, your party bad nonsense, because it's blinding you to what is happening. It makes absolutely no sense to blame the other side for something then completely ignore it on your side.
I don't completely ignore it on 'my side' (I really don't have a side, and only vote Democratic because Republicans are now the party of crazy extremism) but I will tell you this: Regardless of who is responsible for the money going to defense contractors (both parties, we agree) it is Republicans who want to wage wars without end in the Middle East.

The last Republican who knew something about fighting a war was someone who actually fought in one himself. Today's Republican Party is nothing like it was when that President left office.

Old 12-24-2015, 01:10 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,117,869 times
Still no taker on explaining to me how carpet bombing the middle east to make the sand glow is a good idea?

Old 12-24-2015, 01:31 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,097,684 times
It won't help, though I do want to point out that, while they've said they will 'carpet bomb' the Middle East, none of them would actually do that. They're using that 1) to get people who want blood and aren't able to think about big picture issues to vote form them and 2) to point out that they support the use of military in the region, and doing so with extreme force.

Either way, I don't think military intervention is a good idea. I fully support aiding our allies in the region who will fight ISIS, like Turkey. I do not think we should declare war on ISIS for a number of reasons, the main one being our involvement in the Middle East is a huge reason groups like ISIS have so much power. I also don't support taking out Assad. Just like Saddam, he's not a good guy, but taking him out will create more problems.

Old 12-24-2015, 01:34 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,422,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Still no taker on explaining to me how carpet bombing the middle east to make the sand glow is a good idea?

Maybe your perceptions are wrong. Maybe conservatives aren't the monolithic block you've been brainwashed to think.

Old 12-24-2015, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Maybe your perceptions are wrong. Maybe conservatives aren't the monolithic block you've been brainwashed to think.
I'm not saying all conservatives are the same.

That said, the polls don't lie. Unless, of course, you're willing to argue that Trump and Cruz being front runners is just an optical illusion.

Old 12-24-2015, 01:46 PM

4,258 posts, read 3,178,135 times
It is my opinion that the term, "Carpet Bomb" was just used to make a point, nothing more. We all know this is not practical and would never happen. Of course some people will take it literally if it's the "other" team!

Old 12-24-2015, 01:48 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Do you believe Obama was holding a joystick controlling the missiles when those things happened?
If this was President Bush would you be asking the same question?

Edit.

Quote:
And do you believe carpet bombing will miss the hospitals and Iraqi soldiers?
Most likely not......it is not like Republicans are in charge Jan 1st......seems you are premature in worrying about what Cruz and Trump are going to do. We still have President Obama!

Old 12-24-2015, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
If this was President Bush would you be asking the same question?
Yes. Only an idiot would think any president is personally responsible for every action in combat. You know, only an idiot thinks this way. Idiot. Idiot. Idiot. Remember, I'm not calling anyone an idiot. Just saying only an idiot would think a president would be holding a joystick and controlling every action in combat. Yeah, only an idiot...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies