Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 05:02 PM

86 posts, read 123,812 times

Advertisements

An atheist claims something doesnt exist just because they cant see it, yet and agnostic acknowledges that it could possibly exist but wont be convinced until seeing it firsthand!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 05:04 PM

605 posts, read 704,938 times
IMO, this thread belongs here: http://www.city-data.com/forum/atheism-agnosticism/

Old 11-01-2011, 05:04 PM

1,147 posts, read 909,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsjacob38 View Post
An atheist claims something doesnt exist just because they cant see it, yet and agnostic acknowledges that it could possibly exist but wont be convinced until seeing it firsthand!
Agnostics are just atheists without the stones to make a definitive statement. We like to think of them as our weak-minded cousins.

Old 11-01-2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Had2SaySumthin View Post
Agnostics are just atheists without the stones to make a definitive statement. We like to think of them as our weak-minded cousins.

Im agnostic because the older I get and the more knowledgable I become, the less I feel that i know.

Old 11-01-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Im agnostic because the older I get and the more knowledgable I become, the less I feel that i know.
Gotta make up your mind at some point.

Old 11-01-2011, 05:10 PM

529 posts, read 363,769 times
Quote:
I am not an Atheist personally I hate religion I think of it that way. I believe its all fairy tale. I don't consider myself an Atheist because they claim there is proof god and satan don't exist etc but to me there is always a chance they might I just personally don't care. Organized religion is an opiate for the masses.

Old 11-01-2011, 05:10 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,074,302 times
It is one thing to have an open mind. It is another thing entirely to let your brains fall out on the floor.

Eventually, one should be able to make a decision. Terminal indecisiveness is not a virtue.

Old 11-01-2011, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Gotta make up your mind at some point.

An agnostic never has to make up his mind. While the die hard religious folks, and die hard atheists fight with each other convincing the other of each other follies, us agnostics keep an open mind always looking for the answers, realizing that some things are unanswerable!

Old 11-01-2011, 05:12 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,004,262 times
You know, many atheists went through an agnostic phase first before concluding that there is no god... Thus, I am not sure that it has something to do with being open-minded. People oftentimes reach conclusions after careful consideration - that does not mean that they close their minds to something. Doing so would mean that they would never entertain another possibility.

I have no doubt that many atheists would willingly re-evaluate their position if convincing evidence came about.

Old 11-01-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:
An agnostic never has to make up his mind. While the die hard religious folks, and die hard atheists fight with each other convincing the other of each other follies, us agnostics keep an open mind always looking for the answers, realizing that some things are unanswerable!
No fight, lol. I love religious folks! It's because of them that I can go shopping between 8 and 11am on Sunday without waiting in line! Woo hoo! Suckers, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism