Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2016, 09:20 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Jeez...may I just have my way with your wife, and take your car while you're hiding?
His wife could probably beat your azz to a pulp if you're that fearful you can't live without your pocket soother.

Another attempt to assign cowardice to those not needing a firearm and living without "fear" of a boogyman under the bed.

Here's a tip that might work for some of you: instead of buying a firearm to handle the boogyman just cut the legs off your bed.

Old 01-01-2016, 09:32 PM

8,177 posts, read 6,928,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
His wife could probably beat your azz to a pulp if you're that fearful you can't live without your pocket soother.

Another attempt to assign cowardice to those not needing a firearm and living without "fear" of a boogyman under the bed.

Here's a tip that might work for some of you: instead of buying a firearm to handle the boogyman just cut the legs off your bed.

You like your victims defenseless, huh?

Old 01-01-2016, 09:36 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post

Isn't that just the cutest!

Old 01-01-2016, 09:40 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,924,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
You like your victims defenseless, huh?
Nah, I'm a gun owner. But i'm not going to play Rambo and none of my stuff is worth taking another life for. I will shoot if my life is threatened and I will choose my ground as far as possible. Running around playing Rambo surrenders that advantage.

These threads are always full of people who talk big but who have clearly very little real firearm or home defense training.

Old 01-01-2016, 09:51 PM

8,177 posts, read 6,928,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Nah, I'm a gun owner. But i'm not going to play Rambo and none of my stuff is worth taking another life for. I will shoot if my life is threatened and I will choose my ground as far as possible. Running around playing Rambo surrenders that advantage.

These threads are always full of people who talk big but who have clearly very little real firearm or home defense training.

I agree with you.

Old 01-01-2016, 09:59 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times
Quote:
The accident was just that, an accident. Some people have killed their kids by backing over them in the driveway or with farm equipment. Everything is avoidable if you take it to the beginning..."if Hitler wasn't born", etc.
It's not a freakin' accident - stop sugarcoating. She consciously chose to point her gun at an unknown person and pull the trigger. She didn't bother to confirm there was a threat, she just made an assumption - and it cost her daughter her life. It was reckless and irresponsible, but it wasn't an accident. She intended to kill whoever it was, and she didn't bother to confirm what she was shooting at despite the fact that she hadn't bothered to ascertain that it wasn't someone who was supposed to be there.

Another article says the daughter was visiting for the holidays, so she had every right to be in that house.

Again, this was NOT an accident. It was negligence. No matter how bad the mother feels now, there's no way around the fact that she killed her daughter through her own recklessness.

Old 01-01-2016, 10:06 PM

3,766 posts, read 4,105,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
You know what. IF Canada ever decided, for whatever reason, that they needed to invade and subdue some Third World backwater like... Afghanistan... I'll bet you money that they wouldn't have thousands of body bags coming home with young Canadians in them. Truly, America has never won a war. Not WWII, Not Vietnam, Korea, Desert Storm... ... thousands of lives lost for nothing.

America didn't win WW2??!!! You must have learned world history in Japan or Russia.

Old 01-01-2016, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
It's not a freakin' accident - stop sugarcoating. She consciously chose to point her gun at an unknown person and pull the trigger. She didn't bother to confirm there was a threat, she just made an assumption - and it cost her daughter her life. It was reckless and irresponsible, but it wasn't an accident. She intended to kill whoever it was, and she didn't bother to confirm what she was shooting at despite the fact that she hadn't bothered to ascertain that it wasn't someone who was supposed to be there.

Another article says the daughter was visiting for the holidays, so she had every right to be in that house.

Again, this was NOT an accident. It was negligence. No matter how bad the mother feels now, there's no way around the fact that she killed her daughter through her own recklessness.
So, you're saying that the mother shot her purposely.

Old 01-01-2016, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post

You hear someone crash though your back door at 3am and you have three bedrooms with children sleeping. You're just going to "choose your ground" without knowing the true intent or weaponry that they have?

Old 01-01-2016, 10:11 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,924,929 times
Quote:
So, you're saying that the mother shot her purposely.
Well, the trigger didn't pull itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies