Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2016, 10:28 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,729,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
Actually you quite emphatically stated that gun owners should be happy to buy guns only off the "approved list" after you swore that you never heard of anyone being denied buying whatever gun they wanted.

At this point, your just trolling or have a bad case of Alzheimer's.
The fact that no one seems to be able to quote me verbatim but instead goes on interpreting my words just goes to show what lengths people will go to argue their point but only in the context of what THEY think rather than what others think. Here again a great example...

I never wrote that gun owners should be "happy" to buy guns only off the "approved list." I really don't expect anyone to be "happy" with the trade-offs, measures or results when it comes to gun-control. My position is that UNFORTUNATELY gun-control measures are necessary, much like regulation of so many products that have both good and bad effects for our society.

I don't know why I am forever called upon to refute these ridiculous misrepresentations of my position, but as long as it continues, I suppose I either accept others to speak for me or not. One thing for sure, I'll be damned to let the folks here so intent to speak for me go without correction, though it is clear they will never quit their sneaky propaganda ways!

Why so hard to quote me verbatim? The reasons are obvious!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2016, 10:36 AM

Default Wrong, very wrong again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
At this point, your just trolling or have a bad case of Alzheimer's.
Here too, you have really got to be kidding!

What have I done that constitutes the charge of trolling? And as for the bad case of Alzheimer's, my dad has a bad case of Alzheimer's, not me. Not sure if your case of utter rudeness and lack of brain power is anything you should be any more proud about, but how about we just stick to the black and white as actually written, shall we? Spare us all the dumbarse insults and gutter attempts at pushing your propaganda nonsense.

Old 01-19-2016, 11:28 AM

3,429 posts, read 2,734,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
But I can make my own gun if any style and caliber I wish, in less time than it takes for a wait time to get a gun from a "legal dealer"

I can cut the body and parts for a 1911, in 6 hours.
45 minutes to assemble.
If large numbers of felons are building their own guns in order to avoid having to buy on the black market, then that certainly is a problem. I wonder if anyone has gathered any statistics on the numbers of guns made in this way?

Your comments have made me think of something: One possible game-changer might be 3D printing. If we get to a point where felons are making guns on 3D printers, all hope may be lost for enforcing any laws that are meant to keep guns out of the hands of repeat offenders. With regards to gun registration laws, I will probably defer to the point of view offered by law enforcement. If they (now or in the future) say that gun registration is pointless, then I would say we might as well get rid of gun registration laws.

I think, perhaps, a better approach might be to focus on ammunition. I suspect that reliable ammunition is not so easy to make in your garage. And, I suspect, we already have some processes in place to track explosive materials.

Just a thought: Perhaps almost all violent felonies - especially second-offenses - should be life sentences upon conviction. Thus, if they are ever released, they would be on parole and could be subject to on-going close scrutiny by law-enforcement for the rest of their lives. The main idea is to prevent repeat criminals from being an on-going threat. If gun registration laws don't work, or stop working at some point in the future, then I'd like to see some alternatives that do work.

Old 01-19-2016, 11:50 AM

Default Bullet control...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylenwoof View Post
I think, perhaps, a better approach might be to focus on ammunition
Reminds me of Chris Rock's suggestion...

“You don’t need no gun control, you know what you need? We need some bullet control. Men, we need to control the bullets, that’s right. I think all bullets should cost five thousand dollars… five thousand dollars per bullet… You know why? Cause if a bullet cost five thousand dollars there would be no more innocent bystanders.

Yeah! Every time somebody get shut we’d say, ‘Damn, he must have done something ... ****, he’s got fifty thousand dollars worth of bullets in his ass.’

And people would think before they killed somebody if a bullet cost five thousand dollars. ‘Man I would blow your ****ing head off…if I could afford it.’ ‘I’m gonna get me another job, I’m going to start saving some money, and you’re a dead man. You’d better hope I can’t get no bullets on layaway.’

So even if you get shot by a stray bullet, you wouldn't have to go to no doctor to get it taken out. Whoever shot you would take their bullet back, like "I believe you got my property.â€

― Chris Rock

Old 01-19-2016, 11:53 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
If large numbers of felons are building their own guns in order to avoid having to buy on the black market, then that certainly is a problem. I wonder if anyone has gathered any statistics on the numbers of guns made in this way?

Your comments have made me think of something: One possible game-changer might be 3D printing. If we get to a point where felons are making guns on 3D printers, all hope may be lost for enforcing any laws that are meant to keep guns out of the hands of repeat offenders. With regards to gun registration laws, I will probably defer to the point of view offered by law enforcement. If they (now or in the future) say that gun registration is pointless, then I would say we might as well get rid of gun registration laws.

I think, perhaps, a better approach might be to focus on ammunition. I suspect that reliable ammunition is not so easy to make in your garage. And, I suspect, we already have some processes in place to track explosive materials.

Just a thought: Perhaps almost all violent felonies - especially second-offenses - should be life sentences upon conviction. Thus, if they are ever released, they would be on parole and could be subject to on-going close scrutiny by law-enforcement for the rest of their lives. The main idea is to prevent repeat criminals from being an on-going threat. If gun registration laws don't work, or stop working at some point in the future, then I'd like to see some alternatives that do work.

Welcome to the land of the free!
When freedom is taken, the free will find away around the oppression.

In less than 1 hour, I can make any semi-auto into a fully auto.
Ever seen a zip gun?
Rubber band, nail and a rimfire cartridge.
I can make a Gatling gun out of any semi-auto firearm.

Old 01-19-2016, 11:54 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,572,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Reminds me of Chris Rock's suggestion...

“You don’t need no gun control, you know what you need? We need some bullet control. Men, we need to control the bullets, that’s right. I think all bullets should cost five thousand dollars… five thousand dollars per bullet… You know why? Cause if a bullet cost five thousand dollars there would be no more innocent bystanders.

Yeah! Every time somebody get shut we’d say, ‘Damn, he must have done something ... ****, he’s got fifty thousand dollars worth of bullets in his ass.’

And people would think before they killed somebody if a bullet cost five thousand dollars. ‘Man I would blow your ****ing head off…if I could afford it.’ ‘I’m gonna get me another job, I’m going to start saving some money, and you’re a dead man. You’d better hope I can’t get no bullets on layaway.’

So even if you get shot by a stray bullet, you wouldn't have to go to no doctor to get it taken out. Whoever shot you would take their bullet back, like "I believe you got my property.â€

― Chris Rock
If taken seriously, that's just stupid beyond imagination and I have pretty good imagination.

Chris Rock was just joking.

Old 01-19-2016, 11:57 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Ammunition is part of arms and protected by the 2nd amendment. Without ammo, there are no arms.
Powder and ball.

Old 01-19-2016, 12:12 PM

Default Not to be taken seriously...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
If taken seriously, that's just stupid beyond imagination and I have pretty good imagination.

Chris Rock was just joking.
Yes, good for you! Chris Rock is a comedian. A bit of a laugh now and again sometimes helps keep things civil...

Old 01-19-2016, 12:14 PM

Default The things we learn here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ammunition is part of arms and protected by the 2nd amendment. Without ammo, there are no arms.
Powder and ball.
Wow! The valuable lessons learned and information gathered here sometimes truly astound me!

Old 01-19-2016, 12:24 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:

We've been reloading ammo in our garages for as long as the ammo makers have. All without a trace. It's far more accurate than mass produced stuff too. I can get everything shipped to my door but don't like hazmat fees so I just pick it up local with cash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies