Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2016, 12:19 PM

29,548 posts, read 9,716,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Yeah, yeah--liberal publication, but I know how everyone is fair-minded and likes to hear all opinions.

Sarah Palin’s delusional blame game: Obama isn’t responsible for her son’s domestic violence charge - Salon.com
I worry that we need a headline or article to help us know that Obama is not to blame for this too, but what worries me even more is that Trump does not have the intelligence to prevent this endorsement, to distance himself from Palin, rather than jump in those photo-ops as if doing him a favor.

Or am I so wrong to think there can't be that many people supportive of the likes as compared to horrified? Is there enough support there for Trump to think this helps his chances to win, or is it maybe just a way to get the most right-winging Tea Party type side of the base rallied to keep that "energy" going?

I'm not sure what to make of it, whether to laugh or cry...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2016, 12:26 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
http://m.nydailynews.com/news/politi...icle-1.2503589

"My son, a combat veteran … was fighting for you all, America, in the war zone. My son, like so many others, came back a bit different, they come back hardened,"

"They come back wondering if there is that respect for what it is that their fellow soldiers and airman and every other member of the military so sacrificially have given to this country, ...and that starts from the top."

"That comes from our own President, where they have to look at him and wonder, 'Do you know what we go through? Do you know what we're trying to do to secure America?'"

"So when my own son is going through what he goes through coming back, I can certainly relate with other families who kind of feel these ramifications of some PTSD and some of the woundedness that our soldiers do return with,"

Can she show that Track sought PTSD treatment and didn't get it?

As a reservist in 2008, under Bush, Track provided "air guard" protection for a Stryker vehicle in Iraq.
Why is Sarah Palin's kid worth our attention?

Old 01-21-2016, 12:52 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Why is Sarah Palin's kid worth our attention?
Because SHE brought him up when she was on the stage stumping with Trump. Because SHE stood there and blamed the president for her son's violent drunken conduct that got him arrested and thrown in jail overnight. Because SHE turned him into political fodder. What are we supposed to do, just ignore her ignorant claim against Obama? Consider it fact-checking the woman.

Old 01-21-2016, 01:28 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,531,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The left beat her to a pulp.. her children suffered , and they must have been angry to hear the things said about them.. and it probably spilled over in school and their adult lives . I have never seen anyone so berated as Sarah by the left.. there was nothing that was off the table..
That you, Sarah?

Old 01-21-2016, 02:20 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Frankly, I'm getting VERY TIRED of your constant use of the words "the left". You probably hate paying taxes to pay for vets health care.

Your concern for veterans appears rather feigned. As a veteran myself I don't appreciate it. So stop politicizing the plight of veterans to shore up your incoherent ramblings.
I pay plenty of taxes,yet Obombus rather spend it on bringing in potential terrorists here and illegals to go on welfare instead of putting the vets first. The left loves muslims, and illegals because your dear leader has the left's devoted blind loyalty.

Old 01-21-2016, 02:22 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,984,404 times
So - am I the only imagining Willow as biding her time, doing her homework, making notes and longing for the day she can write a helluva tell-all novel before moving to a loft in NYC?

Old 01-21-2016, 02:24 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Because SHE brought him up when she was on the stage stumping with Trump. Because SHE stood there and blamed the president for her son's violent drunken conduct that got him arrested and thrown in jail overnight. Because SHE turned him into political fodder. What are we supposed to do, just ignore her ignorant claim against Obama? Consider it fact-checking the woman.
Oh dear, it might hurt Obombus feelings. Poor poor pres. Someone send him a teddy bear.

Old 01-21-2016, 02:31 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Oh dear, it might hurt Obombus feelings. Poor poor pres. Someone send him a teddy bear.
I'm sure he considered the source and then had a good chuckle!

Old 01-21-2016, 02:37 PM

15,860 posts, read 21,438,888 times
Quote:
Honey pie, did mom forget to lock the computer down today? TOS says you have to be 13 to use the forum, and grown ups know how to use their words.

If you can't engage in a conversation without making up insulting words about your president, then maybe you should do some extra credit assignments to work on your writing and critical thinking abilities.

Old 01-21-2016, 02:40 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,617 times
Quote:
I pay plenty of taxes,yet Obombus rather spend it on bringing in potential terrorists here and illegals to go on welfare instead of putting the vets first. The left loves muslims, and illegals because your dear leader has the left's devoted blind loyalty.
Oh please. As I've said this shouldn't be a partisan issue because both parties are involved. But since you went there.

Bush was president for the first 7 years of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. He spent billions of dollars on the military and peanuts on the VA and health services for veterans. Instead of spending those 7 years growing the VA and implementing a plan for how to handle an influx of returning veterans.

As much as Republicans would like to blame Democrats and Democrats want to blame Republicans sitting around pointing fingers does nothing to help veterans.

Our veterans deserve to be more than just a prop for political gains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies