Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 07:21 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,340,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yup..the CIA says ISIS can make chemical weapons now.
And then Brennan goes on to say they might ship those WMD's here to use on us.

Better give them more money. Need more money to fight this "war on TERROR" folks.

CIA director says IS group has used, can make chem weapons
CIA director John Brennan has said that Islamic State fighters have used chemical weapons and have the capability to make small quantities of chlorine and mustard gas, CBS News reported Thursday.
Brennan also warned of the possibility that the Islamic State group could seek to export the weapons to the West for financial gain.
One thing we know for "sure" is that they did NOT get any of that stuff in Iraq. wink, wink!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2016, 07:21 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Says they CAN make chemical wheapons.

Hell, you or I could make chemical wheapons of the WW1 let's open up a bunch of cannisters and let the wind drift it onto our enemies variety.

After all, there was that cult in Japan.

I agree however, it's not particularily scary.
Again, I agree with you. Of course they can make them. Most anyone can. So lets spend trillions and trillions of dollars killing them innocent or not but condemn them for maybe wanting to retaliate.

"They *might* be able to kill us". We ARE killing them.

Old 02-12-2016, 07:22 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
So.....why are we wasting our kids wealth over there still?
Because the military industrial complex must be fed, it has a voracious appetite.

Old 02-12-2016, 07:24 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Because the military industrial complex must be fed, it has a voracious appetite.
Yup. And they just asked for $7.5 billion to "fight ISIS".

Looks more like we "fund" ISIS rather than fight them.

Russia stepped into the picture and has made more progress in a few months than we have in years.

Then again, we want Assad out.

Old 02-12-2016, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And what should we do about threats talked about by the CIA in terms like 'can' and 'might'?

Repeat stupidity and invade a country that has NOTHING to do with these possibly, maybe, could be threats?
"And what should we do about threats talked about by the CIA in terms like 'can' and 'might'?'

Yet many on the left complain about W. Bush, "not doing anything" before 9-11 when he had NO definitive information to act on.

Wait, I think you are one of them.

Old 02-12-2016, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Don't you find it a funny coincidence that this revelation comes on the heels of the Pentagon asking for $7.5 billion dollars..a 50% increase in what they got last year ?
"a 50% increase in what they got last year ?"

Considering how much their budgets have been cut these past few years, it is NOT surprising they are asking for more.

Oh, wait, you DIDN'T know the defense budgets has been cut.

Under Obama, we have the fewest number of planes and ships since before WWII. Look at what THAT cost us.

Old 02-12-2016, 07:32 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"And what should we do about threats talked about by the CIA in terms like 'can' and 'might'?'

Yet many on the left complain about W. Bush, "not doing anything" before 9-11 when he had NO definitive information to act on.

Wait, I think you are one of them.
Well, I think you're wrong.

CIA Director Documentary: ‘The Attacks Will Be Spectacular’ - POLITICO Magazine

Notice the CIA personnel cited in this article weren't using terms like 'might' in their warnings.

So, guess again.

Old 02-12-2016, 07:33 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:

Considering how much their budgets have been cut these past few years, it is NOT surprising they are asking for more.

Under Obama, we have the fewest number of planes and ships since before WWII. Look at what THAT cost us.
Exactly what did that cost us ?

Syria is not our war.

Iraq, Libya, Syria, Iran..remember Wesley Clark ?

Old 02-12-2016, 07:33 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
So Change turned out to be no change at all.

I had dinner last night with John Buckley. He was the (L) candidate in WV in 2014 for Senate. We discussed Gary Johnson and I said I will NOT vote for him (if he ends up the (L) candidate) as long as he remains wishy washy on the wars. So far he has not come out against them, period.

We both agreed he seems leery about losing votes if he did this and we both agreed that made no sense.

So far the only one close is Sanders and I argue for him in many posts but when it comes down to it and he is debating Trump and he won't commit to pulling the troops I will not vote for him either.

Old 02-12-2016, 07:37 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:

Yet we still spend more on defense than the next 7-8 countries COMBINED plus the fact we have the added protection of oceans to our east and west and friendly countries to the north and south.

Now, our spending isn't more than sufficient to protect us because?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies