Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 11:25 AM

3,281 posts, read 6,277,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pop251808 View Post
Oil depletion allowances, dirt-cheap grazing rights on millions of federal acres, mining claim rights on almost anybody's land who's in your way,highways built whose costs aren't close to be being covered by low fuel taxes, patent laws protecting aspirin-repackagers, television and radio frequencies for free to monopolies that sell advertising, and taxpayer funded bailouts to key banks when it all gets to be too much for "free marketers." Oh, and food stamps to move cheap subsidized food commodities in the supermarkets and federally supported crop prices and mandates to use corn based alcohol for fuel. Also, thousands of private airports maintained for only private planes (do you have one?) adding billions of dollars to every ticket sold on common carrier airlines that use only 146 airports in the US. Let me see, what else am I forgetting? About 67 bucks a week to an unwed, uneducated mother who couldn't find an abortion at the right time so that she and her kids can half-starve and grow up to do it all over again. THAT'S what's breaking us.
No, those aren't freebies, that's just freedom. Big difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2016, 11:32 AM

1,692 posts, read 1,960,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
THat's completely false. We want a reasonable Supreme Court justice, not another far left judge who will legislate from the bench. You have no problem with Sotomayor who supported allowing firefighters who failed the test to get the job over qualified white firefighters simply for affirmative action purposes? She also said that her Hispanic race should be a factor in why she should be chosen!

Or Elena Kagan who is clearly biased in favor of the gay movement and who was so radical as to ban the military from the Harvard campus? If Obama appointed a moderate like John Roberts, PERHAPS you might have a point, though Roberts himself is a liberal who supported Obamacare twice and also supported gay marriage. So much is at stake here, including the jobs that will be lost if the EPA is not reigned in (one of Scalia's last cases was where the Court struck down an EPA mandate that would have destroyed tens of thousands of jobs here in Appalachia) , our gun rights, and the lives of millions of unborn children that Planned Parenthood will potentially end if they are not kept in check.
As if Scalia's Catholic faith didn't highly inform his judgments?

PUH-LEASE.

Go cry somewhere else.

This is a lose-lose for the GOP. There's no way to come out ahead. Block the nomination and lose the election in November, pass the nomination and lose a conservative justice.

Old 02-14-2016, 11:33 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,448,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
It's likely the Grand Obstructionist Party's actions will motivate a great number of people who hadn't planned to vote to reconsider and vote against their decision to refuse to perform their Constitutional duty and honestly consider any choice.
I assume you are talking about Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi and their dim party.

El Nox

Old 02-14-2016, 11:35 AM

1,427 posts, read 1,185,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Lefties did not possess the brain power to make their talk shows a success.
Or that much free time in the middle of the day...

Old 02-14-2016, 11:37 AM

1,427 posts, read 1,185,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelander17 View Post
No, those aren't freebies, that's just freedom. Big difference.
The .01 percent thank you for your support.

2,055 posts, read 1,448,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Do we want another Sonia Sotomayor? Some might, but many don't. I agree with you tho, this topic shouldn't be what makes someone vote. You can protest the choices with a write in vote, or vote for an independent. Ross Perot cost Bush I an election.
Totally true. Bubba got 43% of the vote ... same as Hitler got. I hope Bernie goes independent (like his party listing is). It will show the exact composition of the dim party.

El Nox

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
What many "believe" means nothing when their are exit polls and you can google Perot's platform and see it in no way aligns with Bush.
Perot took a beating from both sides and the media trashed him with lies upon lies.. just like Trump today. That is what happens when you are truthful about the corruption, the American people are forgotten and jobs go over seas.. now we have an invasion of illegals taking welfare benefits, and jobs..

Obama spent millions on getting lawyers for the illegals.. how crazy is this?

Obama Uses Tax Dollars to Hire Attorneys to Aid Illegal Immigrants - Freedom Outpost

Old 02-14-2016, 11:38 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,567,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
THat's completely false. We want a reasonable Supreme Court justice, not another far left judge who will legislate from the bench. You have no problem with Sotomayor who supported allowing firefighters who failed the test to get the job over qualified white firefighters simply for affirmative action purposes? She also said that her Hispanic race should be a factor in why she should be chosen!

Or Elena Kagan who is clearly biased in favor of the gay movement and who was so radical as to ban the military from the Harvard campus? If Obama appointed a moderate like John Roberts, PERHAPS you might have a point, though Roberts himself is a liberal who supported Obamacare twice and also supported gay marriage. So much is at stake here, including the jobs that will be lost if the EPA is not reigned in (one of Scalia's last cases was where the Court struck down an EPA mandate that would have destroyed tens of thousands of jobs here in Appalachia) , our gun rights, and the lives of millions of unborn children that Planned Parenthood will potentially end if they are not kept in check.
If you want a reasonable Supreme Court justice, then you want somebody 180 degrees from Scalia.

But I'm guessing what you say you want and what you want are two completely different things. I think you'll be sad that 75 year old white men aren't considered Supreme Court justice candidates.

Old 02-14-2016, 11:47 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
Gun rights? How about some more gun laws, please?! Like outlawing automatics for starters. .
Comments like this is why I started this thread on my intent to do my part to prevent a progressive tow the line judge from getting the job. Take note at the comment "for starters".

After they go for the "autos" thy will move on to these in the video...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1BwUJ4--Qw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1BwUJ4--Qw

Old 02-14-2016, 11:53 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop251808 View Post
Or that much free time in the middle of the day...
Yep.

-Too busy working
-Operating in fact-based reality, thus no need to have talking heads spew the day's fictional nonsense and conspiracy theory nuttery at me all day

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy
But I'm guessing what you say you want and what you want are two completely different things.
Isn't that pretty much always the case?

The right loves to rant and scream and gnash their teeth about activist judges and the constitution, but what they really want, as they demonstrate on a daily basis, is a right wing activist judge who will gleefully trample on the rights of people they hate while ensuring that they personally get to do whatever they want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies