Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 08:16 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Good. You should vote. We are polar opposites but I am glad to hear you are voting. BTW, it is Clinton not Klinton. Remember to vote! Cheers.
Hitlery Klinton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2016, 08:43 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,918,778 times
It was God who took away Scalia..hence It was Gods will that Obama nominate a supreme Court Justice! if you believe in God you cannot go against Gods will

Old 02-14-2016, 08:46 PM

580 posts, read 449,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
It was God who took away Scalia..hence It was Gods will that Obama nominate a supreme Court Justice! if you believe in God you cannot go against Gods will
[heads exploding]

Old 02-14-2016, 08:47 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,918,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Not really happy with the choices for candidates, I'll never vote for a liberal progressive like Klinton or Sanders especially to their anti 2nd amendment stance.

But I'm not fond of republican choices either. However my vote now will be geared toward the replacement of Scalia rather than a new president and my vote will be toward preventing a liberal anti 2nd amendment judge from getting the job.

I was prepared to sit this next election out but now that is my mission.
And I am not fond of having an American Taliban on the supreme Court. We will cancel out each others vote - nice!

Old 02-14-2016, 08:49 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,966,530 times
This has just come out: Scalia was found with a pillow over his head.

Justice Scalia Found Dead With a Pillow Over His Head | www.independentsentinel.com

Old 02-14-2016, 08:51 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,966,530 times
Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post

Old 02-14-2016, 09:03 PM

19,748 posts, read 22,654,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop251808 View Post
Oil depletion allowances, dirt-cheap grazing rights on millions of federal acres, mining claim rights on almost anybody's land who's in your way,highways built whose costs aren't close to be being covered by low fuel taxes, patent laws protecting aspirin-repackagers, television and radio frequencies for free to monopolies that sell advertising, and taxpayer funded bailouts to key banks when it all gets to be too much for "free marketers." Oh, and food stamps to move cheap subsidized food commodities in the supermarkets and federally supported crop prices and mandates to use corn based alcohol for fuel. Also, thousands of private airports maintained for only private planes (do you have one?) adding billions of dollars to every ticket sold on common carrier airlines that use only 146 airports in the US. Let me see, what else am I forgetting? About 67 bucks a week to an unwed, uneducated mother who couldn't find an abortion at the right time so that she and her kids can half-starve and grow up to do it all over again. THAT'S what's breaking us.
Pretty much what I was going to say.. The far right likes to cast stones but their big house is made out of lots and lots of glass.

Old 02-14-2016, 09:06 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Not really happy with the choices for candidates, I'll never vote for a liberal progressive like Klinton or Sanders especially to their anti 2nd amendment stance.

But I'm not fond of republican choices either. However my vote now will be geared toward the replacement of Scalia rather than a new president and my vote will be toward preventing a liberal anti 2nd amendment judge from getting the job.

This death, confirmed my vote for TED CRUZ

Old 02-14-2016, 09:15 PM

19,748 posts, read 22,654,259 times
The death of Scalia does not impact my vote, nor I suspect very many other independents. I would imagine if Trump gets the nod, a lot of independents will groan but go with it. Cruz? They'll stay at home or vote Dem...

However I'm pretty sure if the republicans stall on nominees to the bench it will only worsen an already abysmal approval rating to new lows. The republicans will NOT be on the favorable side if that occurs.

Old 02-14-2016, 09:16 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:

You do realize Sanders is actually PRO-second amendment right? EPIC FAIL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies