Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2016, 11:06 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,287,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. Bet at the time you would never have imagined that.

This is dysfunctional. Know how you destroy a country? Your idiots in charge acting like children.
Yeah, I am starting to expect our country will eventually get broken up into pieces and put into control by other countries due to the idiocracy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2016, 06:45 AM

57,314 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
It kind of makes me miss that era of politics in DC.
Funny when you think about it, I never thought I would be pointing to the Reagan era as an example of compromise.

Old 02-28-2016, 07:11 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
The only ones stomping their feet are you, McConnell, and the Republicans.
Hmmm... I'm not seeing it. The R Senate is taking one of the several options available to them in the nomination process.

Quote:
The Democrats and Obama will just wait them out while publicly shaming them...
Now, that's just funny.

You apparently didn't get the memo that the American electorate gave both the House and the Senate to the majority Rs because they were dissatisfied with Obama's and the Dems' actions.

ROFL!

Old 02-28-2016, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't think you understand the makeup of the senate, 60 votes is required.
Sure doesn't seem that way... Remember the 300+ House bills Harry Reid never even presented to the Senate for a vote during the Obama Admin? Not a single vote required to table a bill, nomination, whatever...

Old 02-28-2016, 07:23 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,930,214 times
It's incredible how the same talking points get repeated over & over again.

It's almost as if there's a belief that if something is repeated often enough ...

Oh, never mind.

Old 02-28-2016, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
It's incredible how the same talking points get repeated over & over again.

It's almost as if there's a belief that if something is repeated often enough ...
Yeah, it pretty much goes like this...

Democrats: "Wah... wah... WAH!!!... The Republicans can't do what WE did! It's not F-A-I-R!!! WAAAAAAAHHH!!!... "

Old 02-28-2016, 07:35 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Reagan and Obama were both very popular when elected but you would never hear a senate leader state that they would do everything to obstruct Reagans programs and make him a one term president, that is why we can't get anything done.
I'd say there is no comparison at all. Reagan was far more popular. This is the electoral map when Reagan was re-elected. Compare that to Obama's. Congress was scared to death of Reagan.

This is what a strong President looks like. Obama isn't it.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:00 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Just read an interesting article in Slate.

The case for nominating Elizabeth Warren to the Supreme Court.

"Nobody who has worked hard to be a respected jurist should have to ruin a life and a career over a political food fight."

"Who does that leave? Someone who will mobilize and energize Democrats and inspire centrists and moderates. Someone accustomed to the bright lights of cable news and someone who doesn’t mind being flattened down to an election-year cartoon."

"It will spare a really great and tender judge the humiliation of being a political football and perhaps serve to get out the vote in November. This is less a trick than a pivot, a nonconstitutional response to a nonconstitutional impasse."

We all know SCOTUS appointments are all about politics.

Let's quit pretending it's a rarified debate over the Constitution and get on with it.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:05 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,398,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yeah, it pretty much goes like this...

Democrats: "Wah... wah... WAH!!!... The Republicans can't do what WE did! It's not F-A-I-R!!! WAAAAAAAHHH!!!... "
When did the Democrats EVER preemptively say, "We're not even going to hold a hearing on the President's nominee?"

The Republicans are trying to disenfranchise the millions of Americans who voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012. Plain and simple. No amount of Fox News spin and diatribes change the facts.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:12 AM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral Grimes View Post
That was supposed to say for the sake* of delay. Well it says RIGHT THERE Obama is supposed to appoint a judge, the senates approval is there for checks and balances not for the petty wills of the frog faced monster mcconell. Which brings me to my next point, are you supposed to be a human being to be in the senate? Not some science project gone wrong?
If you want to engage in civil ADULT conversation, I will oblige you.

On the other hand you want engage in silly juvenile name calling because you aren't getting you way, I suggest you go to some site wheer other with of your lack of decorum play.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies