Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2016, 07:06 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,059,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Really good article --- thanks for posting that link.
Try this one as well - small Welsh town that was getting lots of help from the EU votes out

Old 06-26-2016, 07:11 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
Please stop saying 'we' and use 'I'
He isn't alone.

Old 06-26-2016, 07:11 AM

35,071 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Jeff Sessions "gets it."

So do Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingraham.

And, of course, Trump.

They are all hated by the globalist kleptocracy.
If Trump could be trusted to maintain such an agenda it would be fine. I fear in his case it's an election vehicle.

Old 06-26-2016, 07:32 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
Quote:
Please stop saying 'we' and use 'I'
Butthurt much? He's in the majority so I'd say "we" is appropriate.

Old 06-26-2016, 07:50 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,059,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Butthurt much? He's in the majority so I'd say "we" is appropriate.
Only the Queen is allowed to use 'we' when speaking of oneself

Old 06-26-2016, 08:05 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,431,258 times
Quote:
Only the Queen is allowed to use 'we' when speaking of oneself
There are seventeen and a half million of us who are grateful.

Old 06-26-2016, 08:06 AM

Three days ago I posted in the UK thread........ "The French will not want anything to do with a fresh deal.......they seem to be relishing punishing us, and hoping the Germans will be pleased if they need someone to play good cop, bad cop."

I have just heard talking heads on SKY News say, "I see this is starting to look like Jean-Claude Juncker is playing bad cop, to Angela Merkel's good cop."

Oh boy....... they got someone. Not French, but he'll do.

Old 06-26-2016, 09:29 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
The "England" part of the UK built a lot of infrastructure. A "leave" vote of these areas will be a lot more complicated as England sure isn't giving away the infrastructure for free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
For those that are genuinely curious, I found the feedback of these ten Leave voters interesting. This appears to have been almost a class vote with a lot of London resentment. Here I'm thinking "What about London? All those jobs lost?" and they're kind of saying "Good!". Whether it's positive or not for country, it explains it more.

Meet 10 Britons who voted to leave the EU | Politics | The Guardian
Thanks for posting, I did find it interesting. I also thought it sounded very familiar.
London is a Bubble & so is Washington D.C.

Those 10 interviews reflect a FED-UP society that has been ignored for too long. They have a lot of resentment over the Political Elite talking down to them or ignoring them.

Old 06-26-2016, 09:45 AM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
There are seventeen and a half million of us who are grateful.
I would think that the win to leave the EU will hurt the younger working class the most. Weren't they allowed to live and work in 27 other countries? Basically, it limits their opportunities. That can't be good.

Old 06-26-2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Thanks for posting, I did find it interesting. I also thought it sounded very familiar.
London is a Bubble & so is Washington D.C.

Those 10 interviews reflect a FED-UP society that has been ignored for too long. They have a lot of resentment over the Political Elite talking down to them or ignoring them.
You are right we are fed up. If you look at the voting map of Britain for the EU referendum, the vast majority of England and Wales voted to leave the EU. Scotland and parts of London voted to remain.

We have been talked down to, and told to shut up for decades. Racists has been a favourite word used. If we expressed concern for our towns and cities being invaded by foreigners, for our schools being overwhelmed with immigrants children unable to speak English, worries for lack of housing, and soaring rents, fighting for minimum wage jobs, we were were called backward, and racist.

Well the brave new world seems just fine for the elite, for the working class, not so much. Well, we got a vote, and told them we don't want this situation to continue. The rottenness of the system has been revealed for all to see. A government frozen, not knowing what to do, and the opposition, supposing to be ready to form a government if necessary, in turmoil. So far today, Jeremy Corbyn, the Labour party leader, has had eight resignations from his shadow cabinet. They refuse to work with him any more, but he humself refuses to resign. The whole political system of England has practically collapsed. The whole stinking system has been revealed for what it is.

Now, I feel an attempt is going to be made to refuse to accept the result of the referendum. A vote by the people, won by a majority of one and a half million votes. Well, the political elite is going to be in for a shock if they try this.

This is the map showing the overwhelming victory for the leave vote in England.......

https://ig.ft.com/sites/elections/20...eu-referendum/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies