Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2016, 03:57 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,169,313 times

Advertisements

Folks should be able to vote again. Heck all politicians lie, but less than 24 hours after the vote, the main pro Brexit politician admitted they were told lies: immigration wouldnt stop, no extra money for NHS, etc. Those were key reasons the vote passed.

Old 06-26-2016, 04:07 PM

17,348 posts, read 11,297,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Folks should be able to vote again. Heck all politicians lie, but less than 24 hours after the vote, the main pro Brexit politician admitted they were told lies: immigration wouldnt stop, no extra money for NHS, etc. Those were key reasons the vote passed.
Sore losers want a revote right after the referendum is passed by over a million votes. This is who the liberals are. Pay attention people.

Old 06-26-2016, 04:08 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,084,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Sore losers want a revote right after the referendum is passed by over a million votes. This is who the liberals are. Pay attention people.
The liberals here in this country are the ones trying to keep the country from the disaster that would be a Donald Trump presidency.

For once I agree with marino--pay attention people.

Old 06-26-2016, 04:17 PM

17,348 posts, read 11,297,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The liberals here in this country are the ones trying to keep the country from the disaster that would be a Donald Trump presidency.

For once I agree with marino--pay attention people.
More power to you! You have every right to your view and support who you want to. That's what elections are all about. If by even a small chance Trump wins, you don't have the right to demand another election the day after.

Old 06-26-2016, 04:47 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,756,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
Keep in mind that Britons can live and work in Europe because of the EU (and vice versa). One of the major prongs of the "Leave" campaign was immigration policy, which will be tied to emigration policy, and will have to be negotiated with the EU.

When the "Leave" is formalized, EU citizens in Britain and British citizens in the EU could potentially become illegal immigrants.
So, you are trying to tell me that without the EU people could not move from Britain to France?

Hogwash.

People have moved between countries since the beginning of time.

Old 06-26-2016, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
The EU is a loose association of countries within its charter that countries can leave.

The USA was a country with a strong constitutional argument of unilateral secession being illegal. To secede to protect the institution of slavery is horrible.
No, what is horrible is killing 700,000 people. There were other ways of eliminating slavery.

Old 06-26-2016, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They were EU citizens, which allowed them to live and work in other EU countries without a permit, but going forward they will not be EU citizens anymore, and therefore need to either get a permit, or leave. UK is also not a member of the Schengen area, which complicates it even further.
So, as I said, they would not be forced to move. Got it.

Old 06-26-2016, 05:07 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
More power to you! You have every right to your view and support who you want to. That's what elections are all about. If by even a small chance Trump wins, you don't have the right to demand another election the day after.
Bingo. If Trump wins, then its Hello President Trump. I might watch for What I expect to be the inevitable impeachment-but even that will be predicated on him doing something dumb. Maybe he would surprise me though.

Old 06-26-2016, 05:09 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,981,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Democrats use the word "folks" when they want something.

Old 06-26-2016, 05:16 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,889,745 times
Default Clinton Up for Imeachment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Bingo. If Trump wins, then its Hello President Trump. I might watch for What I expect to be the inevitable impeachment-but even that will be predicated on him doing something dumb. Maybe he would surprise me though.
If Clinton is elected she is up for Impeachment in the first 30 days.

Why d you Dems Love her so much?
So many Issues and so many laws and regulation broken over the last 30 years!

We would have a whole different set of issues with Clinton. Many reports have Clinton cruel to her staff and was not a very nice person to all that had worked with Ms. Clinton Can you say tyrant!

You guys work very hard to bad mouth Trump. Hmmm I wonder why?? There must be many of you Clinton Lovers on the Payroll!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies