Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 09:54 PM

2,485 posts, read 2,219,939 times

Advertisements

There seem to be a lot of liberals who don't want illegal immigrants and not even continuing mass immigration at all skill levels.

Currently the only candidate who has made this a major issue against immigration is trump.

Would any liberal here seriously consider the GOP on immigration?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2016, 10:00 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Costaexpress View Post
There seem to be a lot of liberals who don't want illegal immigrants and not even continuing mass immigration at all skill levels.

Currently the only candidate who has made this a major issue against immigration is trump.

I think we can address aspects of immigration without resorting to the GOP. And I wouldn't support Trump under any circumstance, nor Cruz. I thought I could have an almost open mind about Kasich and then right on schedule he did his whole Planned Parenthood thing and I realized, nope, Republicans will always be Republicans, there's no point in wasting a second on the thought.

Old 03-10-2016, 10:03 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,571 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:

Nope. Both parties want the same thing, one just wants a political win(republicans), while the other doesnt want to let them get it (Democrats)

Old 03-10-2016, 10:06 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,784,113 times
No.

Old 03-10-2016, 10:11 PM

2,485 posts, read 2,219,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I think we can address aspects of immigration without resorting to the GOP. And I wouldn't support Trump under any circumstance, nor Cruz. I thought I could have an almost open mind about Kasich and then right on schedule he did his whole Planned Parenthood thing and I realized, nope, Republicans will always be Republicans, there's no point in wasting a second on the thought.
Another way to look at it is that immigration isn't going to be fixed under either party. It isn't what differentiates the two parties. I don't think you will effectively address immigration with the democrats. The issue is economic, social, and political. In many ways this country has already passed the point when immigration can be addressed. The issue will just have to evolve into a different set of expectations.

I do not think that immigration will stop under trump. Simply put, businesses are in for more immigration and not less. And, though I hate to say this, like it or not immigration cannot be effectively stopped. It takes the effort, will, and money that this country doesn't have.

America has to accept it. And the more there are, the bigger their influence is, and the stronger the incentive is to support more immigration. The easier it becomes for those in support of immigration. And if it is bad for this country, what can you do? Whether you call it with political correctness or you call it "invasion" doesn't matter a bit.

Old 03-10-2016, 10:11 PM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:

I have a liberal friend who wouldn't mind voting for John Kasich, because he believes John Kasich is much better than Hillary clinton. Kasich is the only Republican candidate he would consider. He used to support Rand Paul.

Old 03-10-2016, 10:18 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:

No. But then unlike almost everyone else here, I'm not that worked up over immigration one way or the other. While there are localities having problems, I just don't see it as an overbearing national issue.

I can't imagine the issue that would result in me voting for an R in the presidential race.

Old 03-10-2016, 10:57 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,765,220 times
Immigration is just part of the larger issue of identity politics. Both Democratic candidates went full retard on this yesterday, spending a large portion of their debate trying to outdo each other in the Hispander sweepstakes by staking out extremist positions on immigration policy. So the better question is this: how many white liberals, and others who care about universalist principles, are fed up with this and ready to move away from the party that puts race and ethnicity above all else?

Old 03-10-2016, 10:58 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,284,785 times
After all the debates, primaries and conventions, people will put on their team jerseys and vote for whoever they always voted for. Many of the so classed liberals don't care one bit about illegal immigration. They never see them and on the rare occasions that they do they are are mowing their lawns. The people most affected by illegals are low income people, black, white or Hispanics and they are amenable to Trump's message.

Old 03-11-2016, 02:37 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,473,071 times
Quote:

The working class needs a political party of its own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies