Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 09:35 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,677,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Being as dishonest as they are in principle, the libs will never admit that they are voting for Trump in the general election.

But that's okay -- we understand -- you don't want to be attacked at your Upper West Side cocktail parties -- don't worry -- in the privacy of the voting booth, no one will know -- that you voted -- for Donald J. Trump!
Yes, those dirty libs, and those at the atrocious cocktail parties, AND the ENTIRE UPPER west side, all will vote for the Trumpster, cuz they know that Merica needs Don, it's the hair I think..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2016, 09:17 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
No political party is going to undermine a low pay construct from forming in America.

Republicans who support Trump are ready to do just that. Democrats could go that way but identity politics is the dominant force in that party and Sanders appears to have given up on his previous position favoring immigration restriction to protect the wages of American workers. For the Democratics it's about bringing in new constituents who will vote them into power and require expanded government services to get by on their low wages.

Old 03-11-2016, 09:37 PM

2,485 posts, read 2,219,231 times
Quote:
Acting as though immigration is a stand alone issue is hypocritical on it's face, and worse, it allows the debate to focus on a slim portion of one of our biggest economic concerns. I can't believe that in a nation of immigrants there would be such a huge misunderstanding of our national policies on immigration. Immigration, and all that it encompasses is all about employment, not immigration. We have already allowed more foreign born here than the current economic system can adequately employ, illegal, legal, it doesn't really matter, what does matter is that we don't have enough American pie to go around any longer. But that works in someone's favor, and most here know who enjoys the rewards of that little fact.

Posing the question in such dubious terms, (Republicans VS Democrats) really twists the logic out of any real debate, instead we get another left-right, repub-dem conflict going, yawwwwwnnnn. What's the point in that? No political party is going to undermine a low pay construct from forming in America. Yes that is the truth of things as they stand, it's not poli-sci, it's not anything except the same old class friction of the last three hundred years, those on top want cheap wages, those on the bottom vote for anyone who will promise to change that. Time to move on, nothin to see here..
the question is to find out what people think, not to frame issues in any way. face it, this is how people think.

immigration is certainly all about employment. both parties avoid this essence by talking about race and culture.

i agree that no political party is going to undermine a low-income, mass-labor economy. that is america's and europe's future. the europeans are busy making it that way in high speed.

in the end, it all comes down to control, the pleasure of the powerful to control and patronize the bottom, to spread some social favorism and ungenerous welfare.

Old 03-12-2016, 12:56 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Costaexpress View Post
Another way to look at it is that immigration isn't going to be fixed under either party. It isn't what differentiates the two parties. I don't think you will effectively address immigration with the democrats. The issue is economic, social, and political. In many ways this country has already passed the point when immigration can be addressed. The issue will just have to evolve into a different set of expectations.

I do not think that immigration will stop under trump. Simply put, businesses are in for more immigration and not less. And, though I hate to say this, like it or not immigration cannot be effectively stopped. It takes the effort, will, and money that this country doesn't have.

America has to accept it. And the more there are, the bigger their influence is, and the stronger the incentive is to support more immigration. The easier it becomes for those in support of immigration. And if it is bad for this country, what can you do? Whether you call it with political correctness or you call it "invasion" doesn't matter a bit.
You don't get it. All trump has to do is enforce existing immigration laws. Bush did at the start of his two term presidency.

Watch how fast illegal aliens would go south.

No new laws are needed.

Old 03-12-2016, 01:15 AM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
This may have been said at some point in this thread or the POC forum in general but there isn't any real true impetus to stop illegal entry into this country even with he possibility of terrorist using the southern border as a way in.

There is just too much vested interest in having illegals here. Cheap labor, a permant underclass than can be exploited. The religious folks want more good Catholics. The Repubnicans want more good religious Catholics to uphold the religious right, the Dem's want more union member types, as I mentioned the religious folks want more and more Catholics..... Corporate welfare demands cheap labor to keep the façade all running....

There isn't any true motivation to stop it.... This $hit isn't rocket science, if there was political will, it would have been done decades ago... let's not kid ourselves here.

Old 03-12-2016, 01:21 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Yes, those dirty libs, and those at the atrocious cocktail parties, AND the ENTIRE UPPER west side, all will vote for the Trumpster, cuz they know that Merica needs Don, it's the hair I think..
It could be worse. Imagine what he looks like without the hair or when it's wet.

Old 03-12-2016, 02:08 AM

273 posts, read 350,027 times
Yes, some will. I know many liberals who will be voting for Trump because he is against NAFTA and the proposed, job killing TPP "trade" pact. They know Hillary has pledged allegiance to her Wall Street donors and not middle class Americans.

Old 03-12-2016, 02:12 AM

27,146 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
After all the debates, primaries and conventions, people will put on their team jerseys and vote for whoever they always voted for. Many of the so classed liberals don't care one bit about illegal immigration. They never see them and on the rare occasions that they do they are are mowing their lawns. The people most affected by illegals are low income people, black, white or Hispanics and they are amenable to Trump's message.

Yet there are many that continually vote Democrat that are not in the upper wage earners that compete for work directly with illegals.

They vote and slit their own throats.

Old 03-12-2016, 04:06 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times
Quote:
You sound worried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
It could be worse. Imagine what he looks like without the hair or when it's wet.
Oh, yes. The Donald is just SO MUCH worse looking than his critics.

Maybe we should have a beauty contest.

I think it would be embarrassing for the Donald's critics, especially considering his age.

As for personality, energy, and accomplishment -- well, I don't even want to go there.

It would just be too mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Valencia View Post
Yes, some will. I know many liberals who will be voting for Trump because he is against NAFTA and the proposed, job killing TPP "trade" pact. They know Hillary has pledged allegiance to her Wall Street donors and not middle class Americans.
Exactly.

Hillary is Republican Lite, like Obama -- but the Dumbocrats will vote for her anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies