Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2018, 10:29 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,279,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
Just remember, the polls said he didn't have a prayer in hell of becoming president.
And yet, every time his poll numbers go up a few points, we get a thread in all bolded caps and Trump tweets it out about 5 times.

So let's all get this straight. The polls showing negative for Trump are fake and to be ignored, but polls (usually Rasmussen) showing Trump approval up are 'real' and broadcast all over the internet.

Trump disapproval has hit an all-time high of 60%. This means that Independents are disapproving--not a good sign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2018, 10:42 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,850,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

Trump disapproval has hit an all-time high of 60%. This means that Independents are disapproving--not a good sign.
Sure. We believe this.

Old 08-31-2018, 04:57 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,692,373 times
All the polling shows movement in the same direction......since Manafort was convicted and the other stuff unfolded. Trump is showing his talent for making a bad situation worse...with the McCain and other stuff.

It's the slow drip,drip,drip....as he does something that pisses off even former supporters. For example, a plurality of independents (the largest political party) now favor looking into impeachment!

I have little doubt that Trump will go down as the worst POTUS in US History (well, sometimes numbers change....so one of the 3 worst, but likely the worst)....that is a real accomplishment and his supporters should be proud.

After all, to end up way BEHIND a guy like GW (wars, trillions down the tubes, economy completely destroyed) takes some real talent. Maybe we can find someone worst next time so he moves up the scale a bit.....maybe the Pharma Bro or Bernie Madoff......although I think Bernie would make a vastly better POTUS.

Old 08-31-2018, 05:09 PM

532 posts, read 447,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
This poll is eye opening.

1. 60% Trump Job Disapproval; 36% Approve (-24%).
2. 53% Disapprove Strongly; first time that has reached over half.
3. 49% favor impeachment: 46% oppose.
4. Stronger public support for impeachment than ever against Bill Clinton.
5. Support for Trump by groups:

White women college grads: 23% (down from high of 40% or -17%)
White men non-college: 55% (-15)
Moderates: 24% (-13%)
College grads: 29% (-13%)
Blacks: 3% (-12%)
White men college grads: 44% (-10%)
Whites: 45% (-10%)
Men: 42- (-7%)

https://www.langerresearch.com/wp-co...estigation.pdf
I'm gonna have to blame these unflattering statistics on the numerical system, which was invented by Arabs and inherently rigged against Trump.

Old 08-31-2018, 05:54 PM

21,163 posts, read 19,753,224 times
Who the hell answers their phone for numbers not on their contact list? Certainly not most conservatives, I would bet.

Old 08-31-2018, 05:54 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,302,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalabran View Post
I'm gonna have to blame these unflattering statistics on the numerical system, which was invented by Arabs and inherently rigged against Trump.
Don’t tell Trump that. He’ll try to bring back Roman numerals.

Old 08-31-2018, 05:59 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,824,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Who the hell answers their phone for numbers not on their contact list? Certainly not most conservatives, I would bet.
But who still has landlines? Typically the 60+ crowd which is overwhelmingly conservative. That's where Rasmussen fails.

Also, I'm a liberal and I don't answer phone numbers not on my contact list.

Old 08-31-2018, 06:08 PM

2,691 posts, read 1,670,110 times
OK. I accept it. Trump is losing in polls. He will be impeached.And the democrats will now bring Kamla Harris as the next president. Or Warren.After all it is the polls that are running this country.

Instead of saying No Trump, No Trump and Russia Russia Democrats should try and groom some suitable candidates. But I don't see that happening.now.

Old 08-31-2018, 06:35 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,368,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
OK. I accept it. Trump is losing in polls. He will be impeached.And the democrats will now bring Kamla Harris as the next president. Or Warren.After all it is the polls that are running this country.

Instead of saying No Trump, No Trump and Russia Russia Democrats should try and groom some suitable candidates. But I don't see that happening.now.
This is getting to be silly.

Why on earth would the Democrats want to trade Trump for Pence or Ryan?

Winning the house is sufficient. Senate too would be better...but may not be possible.

If Trump is impeached it will be by the Republicans. And if they do not have a really clean case the Democrats will not go along. So it could well turn out to be the Democrats who protect Trump. Lesser of the evils.

Trump is crashing beyond doubt. But he is still President until 2020. Why on earth replace him with someone who may be competent? Now if the right thinks he is out of control maybe some deal...But I doubt it.

When the right elected Trump they earned their reward.

Old 08-31-2018, 06:43 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,394,707 times
I find it hard to believe that we're years into this discussion, and so many folks do not understand that high crimes and misdemeanors is not about actual crimes. Abuse of power is a high crime or misdemeanor.

Quote:
The charge of high crimes and misdemeanors covers allegations of misconduct by officials, such as perjury of oath, abuse of authority, bribery, intimidation, misuse of assets, failure to supervise, dereliction of duty, unbecoming conduct, refusal to obey a lawful order, chronic intoxication, and tax evasion. Offenses by officials also include ordinary crimes, but perhaps with different standards of proof and punishment than for nonofficials, on the grounds that more is expected of officials by their oaths of office.

unbecoming conduct literally makes the list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies