Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2018, 06:24 PM

24,529 posts, read 33,416,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
dont know how you define success, but under Trump the wealth gap is growing faster than ever and he is spending money like a drunk sailor, running massive trillion dollars a year in the red under Trump...

how could that even happen? these are days where you pay down debt and save for the next crash, instead Trump is digging a hole the likes of which the US has never seen.

shame , scam the potus has you guys fooled good.

A massive set of tax cuts for the super rich, pennies for the middle and a slap in the face for the working stiff. And you think this is good? really?

Endless trade wars with no objective, fake peace deal with NK, fake NAFTA deals, fighting with our allies. Trump is destroying your kids futures, mine are fine we have dual status and can follow jobs.
Again with that myth? ("tax cuts for the rich.")

The middle class received, going by percent, more of a tax cut than the "rich."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2018, 06:26 PM

24,529 posts, read 33,416,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Wasn't he the one that told Putin "I'll be more flexible after the election" ? Oh, wait, that might have been someone else...
Yes, and we both know who that was!

Old 09-05-2018, 06:41 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,166,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
At this rate soon only 1/3 of the country, the lowest in history (well, it already beats that for a modern POTUS) will "approve" of the 5th grader. I wonder, at that point, if this tiny minority will still think they are the "right" ones and that 2/3 of the country and 95% of the rest of the world is wrong.

My take is yes...they will. What is yours??
Two things:

First, I won't start crowing until it's under 33%. Not in one poll, but in several.

Second, I fear that a large chunk of Trump supporters will never, never back down. They won't be able to bear the idea that they were duped. They will claim that every single bit of evidence against Trump is fabricated, everything is rigged against him, everyone is lying.

Old 09-05-2018, 06:42 PM

14,488 posts, read 6,130,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Two things:

First, I won't start crowing until it's under 33%. Not in one poll, but in several.

Second, I fear that a large chunk of Trump supporters will never, never back down. They won't be able to bear the idea that they were duped. They will claim that every single bit of evidence against Trump is fabricated, everything is rigged against him, everyone is lying.

Duped? How were they duped? How would his opponent have done better for them? Please explain

Old 09-05-2018, 06:45 PM

11,125 posts, read 5,631,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
That will go down as one of the great mysteries of all time. HOW in the world did the coal miners, and former auto workers believe he is one of "them"? How in the world did that happen.
I saw this played out with my father. He was very talented and worked for a group of multi-millionaires and was a big factor in helping them to become rich. But they paid him only peanuts and provided no benefits with the job. But yet, he subscribed to all the values that rich republicans had. He supported and voted only for candidates from that party. Because he made a lot of money for his employers, I guess he saw himself as being rich. There seem to be many like him, who are used and exploited by wealthy people, get little in return, but still, identify with them and their politics.

I am reminded of what this type of parasitic wasp does to other insects, that turn them into zombie slaves, eventually dying for the benefit of their exploiters. The wasps even inject a chemical that mind-controls their victims, making them behave protectively towards the larvae that are eating them alive.

https://www.wired.com/2014/10/absurd...lar-bodyguard/

Last edited by Steve McDonald; 09-05-2018 at 06:56 PM..

Old 09-05-2018, 06:48 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,769,366 times
Polls. HAHA. Here's a Favorite from CNN

Think Trump has a chance to snag GOP nomination? Analysis gives him just 1% | CNN Politics

I believe we had a topic here on it. Same people said the same thing about Trump being sunk.

Old 09-05-2018, 06:53 PM

30,373 posts, read 11,986,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I saw this played out with my father. He was very talented and worked for a group of multi-millionaires and was a big factor in helping them to become rich. But they paid him only peanuts and provided no benefits with the job. But yet, he subscribed to all the values that rich republicans had. He supported and voted only for candidates from that party. Because he made a lot of money for his employers, I guess he saw himself as being rich. There seem to be many like him, who are used and exploited by wealthy people, get little in return, but still, identify with them and their politics.

How is someone used and exploited simply for not being paid the same as the owners of a business? As a business owner you pay the going rate for your staff. How successful you become is not relevant. If you want to give them a big bonus at the end of the year knock yourself out. Your father could have got together financing to open a competing business. Not saying that is easy to do but if he had the expertise there is always money out there. Or he could have played hard ball and demanded more. Lots of successful people respect someone being proactive.

Old 09-05-2018, 06:58 PM

30,373 posts, read 11,986,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
At this rate soon only 1/3 of the country, the lowest in history (well, it already beats that for a modern POTUS) will "approve" of the 5th grader.

Truman hit 22%, Nixon 24%, GW Bush 25% and both Carter and GHW Bush were in the 20's. So Trump is not anywhere near the lowest any modern president has been at.

Old 09-05-2018, 07:05 PM

51,706 posts, read 25,999,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
How is someone used and exploited simply for not being paid the same as the owners of a business? As a business owner you pay the going rate for your staff. How successful you become is not relevant. If you want to give them a big bonus at the end of the year knock yourself out. Your father could have got together financing to open a competing business. Not saying that is easy to do but if he had the expertise there is always money out there. Or he could have played hard ball and demanded more. Lots of successful people respect someone being proactive.
I think you may have missed the point.

Let's run through this again.

Of course, many employers exploit those who make them rich. That's how they get rich.

And the point is not that the employee could have and should have marshaled the necessary forces to exploit employees to get rich himself.

The mystery is why the employee adopts the policies and political positions of the person exploiting him/her.

Old 09-05-2018, 07:36 PM

20,944 posts, read 8,735,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Truman hit 22%, Nixon 24%, GW Bush 25% and both Carter and GHW Bush were in the 20's. So Trump is not anywhere near the lowest any modern president has been at.
At this point in their presidency.........look it up.

GW was at that on the way out after he destroyed the country. Trump will probably be there also.....on the way out.

Scroll down the page:
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo

Also, which of those were in the "positive" situation that Trump was elected into? That is, a bull running economy, relative peacetime, etc......

Only after the Korean war was Truman unpopular....being as the world was coming off 6=8 years of terrible war at that time, that's not surprising.

But look at those charts and show us someone comparable to Trump....click the disapproval button and you will see Trump is in a category of his own. The worst POTUS in history......as I and many scholars see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies