Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 07:29 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times

Advertisements

I would. Even though my house is less than 700 SF, it's got to be better than this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mideast-Syria_Horo-14.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	232.0 KB
ID:	167407
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2016, 07:52 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I agree that it is a rather poor question to ask.

I guess it is akin to asking "If you are so against abortion, are you willing to pay for the cost of those infants not aborted?" I have seen many anti-abortion people that are utterly against paying any additional taxes for medical care, etc., of such children ("They are not my brats"). I recall the time Hillary Rodham Clinton said "It takes a village to raise a child", and how conservatives screamed in outrage. To many, such children are sacred while in the womb; after birth they are to be forgotten, neglected, abused, etc.

Anyway, I am not one to tar and feather 1 billion Muslims based on the actions of a few (all of the ISIS nutters and other "Muslim" extremist, added together, would barely make up a Corps during WWII, which consisted of 25,000 to 50,000 men).

It was just like when the Serbian "Christians" decided to murder thousands of Bosnian Muslims as part of their campaign to 'ethnically cleanse' their country. After much thought and deliberation, I decided that this mass genocide by "Christians" did not represent Christianity as a whole. Of course, the local Muslims probably took a dim view of such 'Christians'. Many Christian Serbs were appalled at the action of their leaders, and fled the country, and many even took in and hid Muslims.
This is a very very difficult situation....

Muslims are taught from the time they are little to go to other countries and breed for the purpose of taking over the world. They are told to act like us, dress like us, to gain jobs, smile, be friends, go to our schools, and pretend to assimilate...

All Muslims believe in the Qur'an, and it has been explained to me, that the books in the beginning are very peaceful and much like Christianity.

However, the last book in the Qur'an, is extremely violent, urging them to kill those who do not believe in Islam. And they believe they will go to heaven for doing so....

It is a culture to be feared unless they do assimilate, but the problem is, how do you know who is peaceful and who is not.

This is a very serious, dangerous situation.

I wish we would have become independent of any arabic oil years ago, and much less dependent on the middle east for oil. This has caused a much bigger can of worms than anyone can ever imagine.

I don't know what the answer is, but what I do know is, our leaders, in Washington, have invited into our country a whole lot of unsavory people.

I see posts, by others, in this forum who say, that Europe, Brussels, London, etc, have been to blame for allowing all these people into their country....however...
what they fail to realize, is the extent of all these people flooding into our country...among these people are those who would do us major harm. They want this land.

What bothers me even more, is, that many of us live in little rural towns, and they don't see the extent of this overflowing newer population coming in from other countrie.

And the worse, is, the refugees....our government, Obama promised us, that before we allowed these people in, they would be checked out thoroughly....but they haven't been???????? I kept asking, how, is our government going to do that.

They tell us one thing, and then open the flood gates, and most Americans do not even know this is going on?

And we won't know, until it is to late. I'm starting to see them in dressed, Burkas, in my area now...

Let me tell you, before 911 I wouldn't have noticed...but now I do, and so should everyone else.

It's like Americans are so trusting and believing, we are in fact, like little children..believing what we are told on TV from the media....very very sad, and why, why is our government doing this to us....

And it's all of them, isn't just dems or repubs, but all of them.....

Last edited by cremebrulee; 03-25-2016 at 08:00 AM..

Old 03-25-2016, 07:59 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
He didnt use it loosely. The op said Muslim apologist.

Further more, werent all the bombers Belgian citizens ????
Children or grandchildren of immigrants? What that proves is even vetting, if possible, is no panacea.

Old 03-25-2016, 08:21 AM

410 posts, read 398,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Children or grandchildren of immigrants? What that proves is even vetting, if possible, is no panacea.
Indeed, "Vetting" is futile.
It assumes that a person won't radicalize later just because he/she isn't a radical at the time of vetting.

The only solution is reformation in Islam.

Old 03-25-2016, 08:26 AM

13,692 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
This is a very very difficult situation....

Muslims are taught from the time they are little to go to other countries and breed for the purpose of taking over the world. They are told to act like us, dress like us, to gain jobs, smile, be friends, go to our schools, and pretend to assimilate...

All Muslims believe in the Qur'an, and it has been explained to me, that the books in the beginning are very peaceful and much like Christianity.

However, the last book in the Qur'an, is extremely violent, urging them to kill those who do not believe in Islam. And they believe they will go to heaven for doing so....

It is a culture to be feared unless they do assimilate, but the problem is, how do you know who is peaceful and who is not.

This is a very serious, dangerous situation.

I wish we would have become independent of any arabic oil years ago, and much less dependent on the middle east for oil. This has caused a much bigger can of worms than anyone can ever imagine.

I don't know what the answer is, but what I do know is, our leaders, in Washington, have invited into our country a whole lot of unsavory people.

I see posts, by others, in this forum who say, that Europe, Brussels, London, etc, have been to blame for allowing all these people into their country....however...
what they fail to realize, is the extent of all these people flooding into our country...among these people are those who would do us major harm. They want this land.

What bothers me even more, is, that many of us live in little rural towns, and they don't see the extent of this overflowing newer population coming in from other countrie.

And the worse, is, the refugees....our government, Obama promised us, that before we allowed these people in, they would be checked out thoroughly....but they haven't been???????? I kept asking, how, is our government going to do that.

They tell us one thing, and then open the flood gates, and most Americans do not even know this is going on?

And we won't know, until it is to late. I'm starting to see them in dressed, Burkas, in my area now...

Let me tell you, before 911 I wouldn't have noticed...but now I do, and so should everyone else.

It's like Americans are so trusting and believing, we are in fact, like little children..believing what we are told on TV from the media....very very sad, and why, why is our government doing this to us....

And it's all of them, isn't just dems or repubs, but all of them.....

Ok. I will note that one could insert "Christian" instead of "Muslim" and your post would make as much sense. I will note that the 'last book' of the Bible (which all Christians are taught to believe in) has quite a bit of violence (Revelations). Several branches of Christianity certainly encourage lots of children. Those pesky Missionaries go trotting all about the world trying to convert 'non-believers' into believers.

Otherwise, it is nonsense. Heck, this country even survived the horrid wave of Irish immigrants ("No Irish Need Apply").

I also think that once ISIS is destroyed, many of the refugees will return home. Recall that after WWII there were huge populations of refugees, with most of them, eventually, making their way back to their home country.

Old 03-25-2016, 08:31 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
It's estimated 2.5 billion people in the world do not have access to indoor plumbing. The top three:

India- 828 million
China- 607 million
Nigeria- 103 million

Within the US, it's estimated 1.6 million live in unplumbed households:

Indian reservations in South Dakota, Arizona and Alaska
Parts of Texas along the Rio Grandd
Parts of Appalachia
Parts of Alabama

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ere-they-live/

My perception of a Muslim Apologist, as used by some posters to this forum, are posters who choose to not use a broad brush to paint 25% of the world's population and I certainly fit that description.

I oppose accepting any new refugees from anywhere, no matter the circumstances, until the US brings the decades long challenge of illegal immigration to a conclusion.

Old 03-25-2016, 08:39 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,315,466 times
And they're generally the same people who criticize devout Christians any chance that they get. They make about as much sense as.......actually, no one makes less sense than they do.

Old 03-25-2016, 08:46 AM

Quote:
legalsea Ok. I will note that one could insert "Christian" instead of "Muslim" and your post would make as much sense. I will note that the 'last book' of the Bible (which all Christians are taught to believe in) has quite a bit of violence (Revelations). Several branches of Christianity certainly encourage lots of children. Those pesky Missionaries go trotting all about the world trying to convert 'non-believers' into believers.
Your right, but the last book of our bible does not encourage anyone to kill anyone else who isn't a believer.
The Islamic Quran does. Not the same thing

Quote:
Otherwise, it is nonsense. Heck, this country even survived the horrid wave of Irish immigrants ("No Irish Need Apply").
You may think it's nonesense, but 911, the Boston Marithon, and all the other attacks in other countries, are very real....and no, once ISIS is destroyed, there will be another group to take their place...it doesn't end and will never end...the entire Middle East is a whole different situation...they are not Irish, they are not English, they are in fact, Islam believers that the entire world MUST be Believers....

What you fail to realize, is, the fact that there are millions of them, literally breeding for one purpose, to take over the world and make it Islamic....and you may crush one tribe out of existence, and another takes their place...there are many many different tribes...with one purpose...some are stronger then others....
I don't believe you realize, how much of our money went into these tribes when we were over there, and with oil....that we buy from them.

Old 03-25-2016, 08:50 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
why not?- you would have taken in Mohamed Ali right? gonna say NO to Shaquille O'Neal he step on ya-- - ahh- Dr.Oz REALLY? -- I'd kiss Malala's cheek- such courage!! well ICE CUBE can sing at my house any time-- so the next set might just have some very wonderful people in the mix

Right there with you.

Old 03-25-2016, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It's estimated 2.5 billion people in the world do not have access to indoor plumbing. The top three:

India- 828 million
China- 607 million
Nigeria- 103 million

Within the US, it's estimated 1.6 million live in unplumbed households:

Indian reservations in South Dakota, Arizona and Alaska
Parts of Texas along the Rio Grandd
Parts of Appalachia
Parts of Alabama

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ere-they-live/

My perception of a Muslim Apologist, as used by some posters to this forum, are posters who choose to not use a broad brush to paint 25% of the world's population and I certainly fit that description.

I oppose accepting any new refugees from anywhere, no matter the circumstances, until the US brings the decades long challenge of illegal immigration to a conclusion.
AGREE!!!! But I fear we're already too late.....

if they want to believe in what they believe, fine, but, let them go back to the Middle East and fight amongst each other...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies