Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 08:51 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
One thing not to miss here though...
We can debate all day long on whether this was appropriate use of force.
But, he failed to fail a report after using force (and there was absolutely no doubt he used force here), and when he did file the report, he falsified his report.

That alone is plenty reason to fire him.

Some valid points, I think that alone isn't enough to fire him, but you couple that with the vid and it's compelling. I can pretty much assure you if there wasn't a vid his filing of the report being wrong or inaccurate wouldn't have resulted in him getting fired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2016, 09:13 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
No I do not...I don't know what people expect police to do today...both kids and people have become extremely violent....he didn't throw her down any harder then a high school wrestler would have done...
that is the way he got her to stop....what is he supposed to do, stand there and beg her not to throw her down...this poop has to stop....the same thing with that cop who was trying to wrestle that school girl out of her chair....

there are way to many liberals out there who have confused crime with excuses and acceptance.

It is time America got hard again...

Mr. Wrestler.... You had weight classes to be placed in.

80lb girl. v. 180-200lb Man... Who is taking bets......

Old 04-14-2016, 09:17 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
She didn't get hurt physically and maybe she learned a lesson. Doubtful but just maybe.
Yes. Mouse over eye, that turned into a black eye and possible concussion.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mother-girl...ry?id=38220253

Old 04-15-2016, 12:34 AM

50,860 posts, read 24,371,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Some valid points, I think that alone isn't enough to fire him, but you couple that with the vid and it's compelling. I can pretty much assure you if there wasn't a vid his filing of the report being wrong or inaccurate wouldn't have resulted in him getting fired.
I think it is valid reason to fire him because it's an attempted cover-up.

You get in far more trouble for a coverup than you often do for the original offense.

Old 04-15-2016, 05:15 AM

28,926 posts, read 30,291,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Mr. Wrestler.... You had weight classes to be placed in.

80lb girl. v. 180-200lb Man... Who is taking bets......
Oh brother, please, give me a break....

I seriously do not know what is wrong with people today....no respect for laws and rules....and when someone breaks those rules, and a police officer is involved, OMG, the hateful awful police officers....
Give me a break.

I believe this entire problem exists b/c parents fail to realize, there are different rules in different houses, including schools and fail to teach their children such. Therefore, children fail to not only obey rules and other adults, but fight them...to the point of physical resisting.....

I blame the parents, period....rules are rules, they may not always seem fair, but they are there for a reason...and this supposidly young lady, refused to follow those rules and chose to kick and scream and not listen to her teacher.

Bad Move.
Yanno, if people continue to refuse to back these police officers, (which are usually people who don't know anything about respect and laws...) your going to get what you asked for...police officers who are less then professional and basically bad cops, b/c no one else will want the job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies