Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2016, 04:00 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Lets see, treat her like a criminal resisting arrest. Dont ever assume they are less than that..
But you always asses every situation. But, unless you have been there done that, you dont know the capability of a child. Go to Africa and the Middle East and watch what some of these little kids are doing with weapons and drugs flowing through their veins...
Stop coddling kids, when they act like the way she did. I guarantee there is more to this story.
Watching the vid is a little tough, I don't think anyone likes to see a young girl get body slammed, but it did look like she was being a bit combative with the cop. I posted earlier that I'd like to have seen about 15 seconds or so before he goes all WWE on her.

I saw another clip where she's being interviewed and she was talking about getting ready to fight with another girl, at least that is what it sounded like, so I'm not sure how out of control this girl was.

It would have been nice if the officer didn't do that, but I don't have all the answers, what is their training for in these situations, what is standard protocol, etc etc etc.

I'm old school, you don't mouth off to police and do just as what is posted in the chris rock vid clip.

Be polite, don't have an attitude and be cooperative, seems like if you follow those very basic rules you really shouldn't have a fear of getting body slammed. I get that there are some bad cops, but I believe that most of them are just trying to do a job, a thankless job at times too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2016, 04:02 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,423,827 times
Quote:
Cops are trained for many situations. But, you cant expect them to be proficient. Their budgets dont allow. So, he may have done the best thing he knew how after he felt enough was enough.
Also, if she had parents (big IF), that raised her properly, none of this would have happened. Cant wait till the storys entire situation is made to the public. And of course, the left wing whiners will be silent..
Yeah, I'm sure this 12 year old is a vicious thug--wait till the details emerge!! Breitbart will probably whip up some Facebook "middle finger" pics any day now.

Also, if this clown needs proper training to realize that slamming children full force onto the ground is never an appropriate response, he probably has the IQ of a turnip.

Last edited by RaymondChandlerLives; 04-10-2016 at 04:25 PM..

Old 04-10-2016, 04:05 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,655,360 times
Quote:
Lets see, treat her like a criminal resisting arrest. Dont ever assume they are less than that..
But you always asses every situation. But, unless you have been there done that, you dont know the capability of a child. Go to Africa and the Middle East and watch what some of these little kids are doing with weapons and drugs flowing through their veins...
Stop coddling kids, when they act like the way she did. I guarantee there is more to this story.
Thank you, I agree. I'm really curious to hear the answer from those who feel the cop shouldn't have done what he did. What do they think he should've done if she was resisting/kicking/flailing? What would satisfy those who oppose the officers takedown?

Old 04-10-2016, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Thank you, I agree. I'm really curious to hear the answer from those who feel the cop shouldn't have done what he did. What do they think he should've done if she was resisting/kicking/flailing? What would satisfy those who oppose the officers takedown?
Maybe police officers are supposed to ask really nicely and politely for them to stop being a criminal or resisting, maybe if they throw in a few "pretty pleases" too, maybe the criminals and thugs of the world would take notice and surely that would stop unlawful behavior.

Note :: not calling this 12 yr old a criminal, just sayin.

Old 04-10-2016, 04:31 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times
Quote:

he knew the girl for a year-- how many teens you have who never got sideways?

Old 04-10-2016, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
Um, it says right in the article that the officer was called to the school to arrest her for fighting on campus after hours. (And the school warned her after her fourth suspension for fighting that if she got in a fight again she would be arrested.)
He was not an RSO. He was a patrol officer.
not the facts sorry

Old 04-10-2016, 04:39 PM

Quote:
While I agree, that's not what I asked. In the case that the person is resisting and kicking the officer, what should he do? (since so many think that what he did here was wrong?)
he can grab her arms and cuff her with OUT picking her up and slamming her-- come on !

all want this girl to get slammed- really? what's the real reason? I would bet every paycheck and my house and car- that you would NOT want your child done this way at 12 yrs old specially a girl- I contend that many posters do not have kids. there is no way

Old 04-10-2016, 04:56 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,655,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
he can grab her arms and cuff her with OUT picking her up and slamming her-- come on !

all want this girl to get slammed- really? what's the real reason? I would bet every paycheck and my house and car- that you would NOT want your child done this way at 12 yrs old specially a girl- I contend that many posters do not have kids. there is no way
You really think it's that simple? This girl is resisting and trying to kick, you think it's just a matter of handcuffing her while this is going on. Ok, interesting. With two people, I think that would be simpler but not as easy as you are making it out to be as a lone officer.

Old 04-10-2016, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
not the facts sorry
I saw another clip of the student being interviewed and in it she was talking about getting ready to have a fight, she said this herself.

I can't attest to how many times she's been in trouble for fighting and if she was warned that a police officer was en route to the school, but yeah, she herself was talking about getting into a fight with another student.

I'm not saying a body slam was the best approach, but let's all agree that there was something going on.

Old 04-10-2016, 05:38 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,330,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
It doesn't matter what took place before. His is a child and even thuglum children can't be treated this was in a school, period! In fact if I did the same thing to my daughter, regardless of any outrageous acts, the same officer would arrest me for child abuse. He had her in a bear hug, he was moving her along, just because she wasn't moving along at a pace he would have preferred there is absolutely no excuse for his actions. None!
She brought it on herself. Now she understands there are consequences for her actions.

Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies