Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2016, 04:54 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,423,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
If they are kicking/fighting/resisting authority, then you're darn right I do. What would you rather, cage them till they stop? You'd probably think that was cruel too.
Resisting authority? Are you one of those conservatives who thinks cops are justified in using force on people who talk back to them?

The girl is 12. Slamming her to the ground like a grown woman is insane. I don't care how unruly she was being.

Last edited by RaymondChandlerLives; 04-09-2016 at 06:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 05:11 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,655,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Resisting authority? Are usually one of those conservatives who think cops are justified in using force on people who talk back to them?

The girl is 12. Slamming her to the ground like a grown woman is insane. I don't care how unruly she was being.
Yes, resisting authority. Witnesses said she had been repeatedly kicking the officer. From the short video, you can see she is resisting and flailing, but what was said lead up to this was her repeated kicking.

Why is this whole "talking back" thing keep being repeated by lefties. Yall don't need facts, you are just gonna pretend she was the sweet little angel and run with it. She is obviously going to be a dem voter in the future.

Old 04-09-2016, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Yes, resisting authority. Witnesses said she had been repeatedly kicking the officer. From the short video, you can see she is resisting and flailing, but what was said lead up to this was her repeated kicking.

Why is this whole "talking back" thing keep being repeated by lefties. Yall don't need facts, you are just gonna pretend she was the sweet little angel and run with it. She is obviously going to be a dem voter in the future.
She wasn't kicking at the officer prior to being slammed face-first on the pavement, so why is this relevant? Are you saying the cop has a right to administer payback in that scenario?

Conservatives decry the police state, yet celebrate it openly in certain situations. It's rather comical.

Old 04-09-2016, 06:16 PM

Quote:
She wasn't kicking at the officer prior to being slammed face-first on the pavement, so why is this relevant? Are you saying the cop has a right to administer payback in that scenario?

Conservatives decry the police state, yet celebrate it openly in certain situations. It's rather comical.
How do you know she wasn't? The video doesn't show except for a second or two prior. Witnesses said she did. And let's stop with the drama, she was slammed "face first into pavement" or she wouldn't had lots of blood and scratches all over her face. She didn't, not a single one. She was absolutely fine. In fact, the officers take down worked, she stopped resisting him and he was able to get cuffs on her for his own safety and those around them.

Bottom line is, the officer took her down because she was resisting and fighting. He didn't beat her, he didn't shoot her, he didn't tase her, he did what he needed to do to get her under control before he or others were injured. Many of you would rather just let her do as she pleases to the officer and anyone else because any other form of discipline is not acceptable to you........ which is probably the type of attitude that made her think it was okay to treat the officer and her school administration in such a disrespectable manner.

Old 04-09-2016, 06:40 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,740,882 times
Quote:
Resisting authority? Are you one of those conservatives who thinks cops are justified in using force on people who talk back to them?

I think he had already asked her, "Pretty please stop resisting arrest." If a police officer has cause to arrest you and you're flailing around and making it as difficult as possible for them, bad things are going to happen.

Now I could see it as excessive use of force if he'd punched or kicked her or picked her up and slammed her back down again afterwards. But all I'm seeing is a girl that won't be restrained who got dropped so she couldn't keep resisting arrest.

How should the cop have done it differently in your opinion?

Old 04-09-2016, 06:43 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,740,882 times
Quote:

What you saw is a tiny snippet of time before getting slammed down -- and she quite clearly raised her leg up in that short bit of time. Witnesses saying she kicked the officer repeatedly before the video starts.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:12 PM

Since you people seem to think it's so scaring relevant, kindly explain how kicks aimed in his direction were what caused him to brutally slam her face-first in the pavement, considering she was not facing him when the clip starts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
What you saw is a tiny snippet of time before getting slammed down -- and she quite clearly raised her leg up in that short bit of time. Witnesses saying she kicked the officer repeatedly before the video starts.
She was not facing the officer when the clip starts, which obviously means her raised leg was not aimed at him. Please find another bad excuse for this brutal face-plant.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Since you people seem to think it's so scaring relevant, kindly explain how kicks aimed in his direction were what caused him to brutally slam her face-first in the pavement, considering she was not facing him when the clip starts?

She was not facing the officer when the clip starts, which obviously means her raised leg was not aimed at him. Please find another bad excuse for this brutal face-plant.
Do you not realize you can easily kick someone behind you? You legs do swing that way. You don't have to face the person to do it. Getting kicked in the knee cap or groin can be painful. You want to believe so badly that she is a sweet little angel. Perhaps you should talk to teachers who have to deal with some of these girls on a daily basis. Many are spoiled brats who are used to doing as they please. Attitudes such as yours are what lead to such nasty behaviors from this generation.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:20 PM

Quote:
I have taken many self defense classes and I'm a second degree black belt and was once a certified instructor. You would raise your leg to gain momentum for a kick to the knee of the person who is holding you.

You KNOW this, I'm not sure why you are acting as if a kick in this position is even slightly difficult. It's not.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:08 PM

Quote:
I have taken many self defense classes and I'm a second degree black belt and was once a certified instructor. You would raise your leg to gain momentum for a kick to the knee of the person who is holding you.

You KNOW this, I'm not sure why you are acting as if a kick in this position is even slightly difficult. It's not.
This debate is growing more absurd by the second.

So now you're telling me 7this hardened police officer was so petrified of a potential backward kick from a 12-year old girl, he had no choice but to slam her face-first on the concrete. How heroic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies