Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 10:00 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,663,857 times

Advertisements

200+ lb cop,
90 lb juvenile female.
Yeah, that was called for.
Textbook definition of "Bully".
Who behaved like the child, here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 10:56 AM

7,578 posts, read 5,331,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Why do some black people (regardless of age) resist the police so violently.
What were you saying about black folks?

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...sisting+arrest

Old 04-08-2016, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Best policy: If a police officer is trying to arrest you, don't struggle.
Great policy, a wonderful idea on that I would adhere to but that doesn't, I repeat doesn't make unnecessary police violence acceptable and it sure as hell doesn't come close to making in acceptable in schools with unruly students.

Old 04-08-2016, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Actually no. If your 12-year-old daughter was assaulting you with a hammer and you body slammed her, you would not be arrested.
Gee I must have missed the bloody freaking hammer of a child already in a bear hung!

You folks seem incapable of raising an argument that isn't made up of whole cloth!

Old 04-08-2016, 11:07 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,715,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
Hey guys, this looks bad, yes, but we really need to see what happened before? How long was she resisting?

Exactly ! Yes, this looks terrible and the video has been shown on ever media venue possible thousands of times. However, I'm not one to make any judgment before seeing the action in the context of what happened before the video started.

That's the problem with people today. You take a snapshot of something and make all kinds of assumptions about who is sympathetic and/or who the victim is without knowing the real situation that brought this action about.

I'm NOT defending anyone, but I'm not ready to throw anyone under the bus without more contextual information....nor should you !

Old 04-08-2016, 11:09 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
Hey guys, this looks bad, yes, but we really need to see what happened before? How long was she resisting?
Funny how these clips rarely show what led up to the altercation.

That does not seem to dissuade people from developing opinions based on limited / edited information.

Old 04-08-2016, 11:10 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
She looks fine. What happened before the body slam that is not shown?

Old 04-08-2016, 11:36 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,845,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yeah, did you hear the girls friend laughing? Kids today, have no respect for authority...and that is the fault of the parents.....

yanno, if the schools and the departments keep firing their officers instead of backing them, like they should, this country is in deep trouble....this has got to stop

this has happened b/c parents no longer parent and draw the line with their kids...
Oh, My God, if you spank a kid, your beating them?" Yanno what, I spanked my boy 3 times growing up...and he was an easy kid to raise, and I started the moment he started crawling...telling him "NO" before he could speak.

I read in a parenting book somewhere, if you don't have your child under control by the time, he/she is five, then that's pretty much how they are going to be.

Also, there are way to many unwed young mothers who are children themselves.

you can thank that doctor back in the what, 70's who said, if you spank your kid it will mar them for life....BULL!
I went to Catholic school and later found out that is the Jesuit principle or saying. A child properly trained for the first give or six years of their life will retain that training for their entire life. I refer of course to the positive attributes we want them to have later in life.

I have body slammed people and been body slammed as well and it is a dangerous manuver due to the possibility of the skull striking the ground/pavement with force prior to the remainder of the body. Can lead to considerable injury.

Old 04-08-2016, 11:39 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
Many kids and a whole lot of adults do not respect "authority" because it is not respectable. This move is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to unnecessary police violence. sometimes they just shoot the kid. She and her folks are supposed to count themselves lucky?

This behavior is no different than what was happening when I was a kid. What is different is people are documenting the problem. That is good for all of us.

FWIW - I was "spanked" as a child. I remembered it. That created a mean streak that I have been working a lifetime to overcome. Spanking is the last resort of an impatient bully.

Old 04-08-2016, 11:44 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,845,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Many kids and a whole lot of adults do not respect "authority" because it is not respectable. This move is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to unnecessary police violence. sometimes they just shoot the kid. She and her folks are supposed to count themselves lucky?

This behavior is no different than what was happening when I was a kid. What is different is people are documenting the problem. That is good for all of us.

FWIW - I was "spanked" as a child. I remembered it. That created a mean streak that I have been working a lifetime to overcome. Spanking is the last resort of an impatient bully.
I was spanked as well but have no mean streak. Spanking and threat thereof works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies