Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2016, 05:45 AM

295 posts, read 181,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propulser View Post
And 2020!!
Anddddd never.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2016, 06:26 AM

46,274 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
You're the one barking at the moon, but I'm the disturbed one? That's hilarious.
(I honestly don't care about the whole "Redskins" thing. Not one little bit.)
Haha....it's o.k. you don't or just cannot answer any questions...

I answered a single question, then you fly off the wall with a mountain of other non relevant questions, then I answer them and then you just say, ha....so yes, you are disturbed.....

1 you just cannot answer or 2 you are just spewing leftist talking points and have no clue what you are actually talking about....I vote for 1 and 2....

Old 05-22-2016, 06:35 AM

46,274 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
That right? There's something called "The Hastert Rule" (yes, yet another Republican who inappropriately places himself around young boys). Ever hear of it?

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm, maybe you need to go read the The Hastert Rule, because the The Hastert Rule was not in contention here, was it? The Hastert Rule oposses the non-majority bringing bills up, right? It appears this bill passed, so please tell us how and why The Hastert Rule applies here? We will wait...

And why the comment about boys? Since NAFTA was mentioned in this thread, should we bring up ole slick willie and the lolita express and how slick willie hang around with a convicted sex offender? Do you really want to go there?

Quote:
The bill wouldn't have made it out of the House without majority support by... the majority.

You do know about majorities and how a bill moves through Congress, right? I wonder, because you seem to have missed the part about both houses having to approve a bill before it goes to the president for disposition.

Seems it passed unanimously in both chambers and among both parties.

So, I ask again, why is the thread title "Obama bans "oriental" from our federal government lexicon?" Creatures on the right will do anything, twist any fact, manipulate any data to lie and try to score cheap and meaningless points. Sad.
LOL....this is not a bash obama thread, the OP even says it's not, I've asked before (not to you) but did you read the OP? The OP says that it's not about obama, but I would never expect anyone on the left to really read...

Old 05-22-2016, 08:48 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,168,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharinganAi View Post
I love how people who aren't part of a group, i.e. Asian, always get so panty twisted about these things. Are you Asian? How do you get to decide if it's a big deal?

Anyway. Why don't you worry about important things? Ya know like the heroin epidemic? That effects you waaaayyy more.
Do you know people's background on the forum? And what makes you think all Asians think alike? One person may find it important and another not so much.

Old 05-22-2016, 09:04 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,337,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; calling a white person in the US "European" CAN be fighting words. I'm an American of Irish family, NOT "Irish" like as in an Irish citizen.
You are an European American. This may work because most Americans are a mix of European rather than from one single country in Europe.

Old 05-22-2016, 09:43 AM

39,219 posts, read 27,582,466 times
If "counterculture" means fighting the status quo, then nobody on today’s college campuses is more radical than the outspoken conservative student. They face ridicule, censorship and bullying from scornful classmates and faculty, all because their worldview is different from the prevailing politically correct orthodoxy.

Conservatives know that this country is not going to the right direction. Conservatives know that our politicians only care about being in power.

This country's priorities should not be banning an ancient word that hasn't been used for a long time, this country's priorities shouldn't be focusing on bathroom issues. Gay marriage is legal now, abortion is legal now, why do we still need to talk about every election year. Why do we have to focus on putting women in combat zone.. why why why

Our beautiful country has an open border :O, we have uncontrollable debt and insane trade deal, our middle class is shrinking, 25 years ago, 70K a year income will give you a solid middle class life style, but now, you are considered a working poor. Our veterans have not been treated well.. Each country should have an unique cultural identity, each country should have an official language, each country should be proud of their military. The world shouldn't be destroyed by communism, multiculturalism, globalization, etc, etc, etc.

Old 05-22-2016, 09:50 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,643,519 times
Quote:
So, I ask again, why is the thread title "Obama bans "oriental" from our federal government lexicon?"
That's right. The title should have been "Congress bans oriental...".

The thread title just feeds into the right's meme that Obama thinks he's a king or something...

Old 05-22-2016, 09:57 AM

117 posts, read 72,205 times
Oriental refers to things such as a rug. While it may be ignorant, it's not intentionally derogatory and this is just another example of the Obama Admin trying to micromanage everyone's speech and thoughts.

Old 05-22-2016, 10:01 AM

788 posts, read 512,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharinganAi View Post
Anddddd never.
We shall see. BTW, have you vowed to leave the country forever if he is elected yet? I suggest you join the movement. Show 'em you really care!

Old 05-22-2016, 10:07 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,643,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
This country's priorities should not be banning an ancient word that hasn't been used for a long time,
This law is NOT a priority for most people, but it is for many.

Why do you object to a member of congress attempting to fulfill the will of the people she serves and others?

Isn't that what a member of the House is SUPPOSED to do?

Have you forgotten what the job of members of the House of Representatives really is? Refresher: it's to represent the people of his or her district and advocate for the things that are important to said people.

Although the use of the word 'oriental' has no impact on YOUR life, it does impact others' lives.

Quote:
The bill, which was sponsored by Congresswoman Grace Meng (D-NY), was passed by the House of Representatives unanimously on Feb. 29 and again by the Senate on May 9. It was co-sponsored by 76 members of Congress, including all 51 members of the Congressional Asian Pacific American Caucus.

Sen. Mazie K. Hirono (D-HI), who sponsored the bill in the Senate, said in a statement that she was "proud to have seen this effort through."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies