Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 05:43 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times

Advertisements

I think the enclosure should have had a fence higher then 3 feet. but where was the parents while little Joe was climing the fence??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2016, 06:25 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,145,710 times
The parent and the zoo are both at fault, not the animal.....There is no way any child should be able to get into any enclosure at any zoo.

Old 05-30-2016, 06:46 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Why didn't they shoot the gorilla with a tranquilizer gun. And from what I could see he seemed to be trying to help the kid. Didn't seem to be a threat.

Old 05-30-2016, 07:34 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Why didn't they shoot the gorilla with a tranquilizer gun. And from what I could see he seemed to be trying to help the kid. Didn't seem to be a threat.

Yeah, because that gorilla could react poorly to the tranq........and end-up literally tearing the kid in half, before the drugs knock him out.

Old 05-30-2016, 07:38 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
People are nuts. They project their own issues onto animals.🙄

Old 05-30-2016, 07:40 PM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
The kids parents should be held responsible and be sued. They probably let the kid run wild. There's no other way a kid could do that. When you consider how many little kids visit there every day, this was the only kid that managed to fall into that enclosure. He obviously wasn't being watched.
In a couple of weeks, all the news about this will go away and nothing will come of this just like with Cecil.

Old 05-30-2016, 07:58 PM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
They should have tried tranquilizers. If the gorilla ended up killing the brat, well too bad. Gorillas are endangered; humans are not.
Any drug will take about 10 to 15 minutes...if the animal is not excited.

Pulling the trigger is dependant on the experience of the person with the rifle....some situations where one may shoot and another appropriately, not shoot or hold fire.

Tachypsychia where time goes in slo motion in some personalities and panic in others.

the zoo probably had inexperienced guy with the gun......and director who should have cleared the area to prevent panic in the gorilla.

betting on an over reaction which is not to say the shooting wasn't justified.

Just a huge shame all around. Huge!

Old 05-30-2016, 07:58 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
witness heard mom and kid arguing, kid threatening to enter gorilla pen. First off, you dont argue with children.

Old 05-30-2016, 08:04 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,226,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Gorillas are pretty big. It would take a while for the tranquilizer to effect him and getting shot could potentially agitate him.

I agree, the gorilla doesn't seem to be harming the child. If anything, he looks like he's protecting him. Probably saw that his parents were idiots and thinking 'lets keep you away from them.'

All the same, I do understand the zoo's decision. Based on what little I know of that child's parents, I would imagine they're the type to blame their failing to watch their stupid kid on the zoo. The zoo didn't want to get sued and odds are, having a child killed in the zoo would launch some sort of investigation that could lead to serious repercussions for the zoo whereas killing the gorilla would only put them in the news for a few weeks tops.

Old 05-30-2016, 08:06 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Default Killing of Harambe "White Privilege"

I $&*# you not, there are idiots on social media that blame the killing of the gorilla as an example of white privilege. Yep, and they say he was captured and "made a slave". Yes, there are people that are such a bunch of racists that they make THIS about race. That if it had been a black kid, they wouldn't have shot Harambe.

Too bad they are too stupid to get the facts first. Like the fact that the kid happened to be black.

I guess it's all that "genetic stress" kicking up again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies