Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2016, 08:07 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
I was simply pointing out that, as men, we are expected by society to be responsible for the actions of women.

If a man and a woman are drunk and have sex, but the woman claims rape due to her intoxication, how is that the man's fault? Because he penetrated her? Well, he has a penis and she doesn't. Not his fault. Why is he responsible for both his and hers level of intoxication? She's an adult, correct?

No, this is an example of laws created by feminists that gives them responsibility when it's convenient for them, but takes it away when it becomes inconvenient.

I'm actually shocked that women will now be required to register for the selective service. There must be some hidden agenda there that I'm not aware of that benefits women and hurts men. We'll see how that plays out.
Yes, men have a penis and some might say you're a big one, because unless we are actually talking about a woman who consents to sex and then claims she didn't afterward, we're talking about a woman who doesn't consent. If/when that's the case, then we have a case of sexual assault and/or rape.

His "fault?"

"Convenience?" Hello?

His doing, not hers. His crime, not hers. Him going to jail (or should), not her. If as man or woman you can't tell the difference between consent and/or objection, even reluctance, even when not spoken, something is wrong with YOU.

Just how complicated can this be for any man or woman?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2016, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
The only benefits that women will get from the military is more Purple Hearts . take my word.
Et tu, Brute

Old 06-19-2016, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwali2009 View Post
I'm glad their men who arent blinded by this feminist movement sad thing is me and you are in the minority position because you got alot of other men who are into believeing men are always the monsters,and women is the angel and victim.
And/or a lot of men not feeling as if a long sad history of men subjugating women (and others) isn't still in need of some correcting and not altogether all that hard to do when ultimately it is just a mindset focused on treating others fairly, with the respect and opportunity they deserve rather than who can exploit by way of physical force or position of power. Also very simple really...

I am a white male with no problem whatsoever with feminism, and for those who feel victimized by such, chances are you are simply realizing the age old adage that ultimately we "rise to the level of our incompetence." In so doing, of course we find what reason to blame on others for our problems, and for many, feminism is as good an excuse as any.

Also for those wanting to know when it is men being discriminated against as opposed to women and minorities who have complained about the same for many decades (only recently even given the vote), if you have to ask or if you are inclined to ask, you're something of a white male moron.

Pin your Purple Heart on that.

Old 06-19-2016, 08:36 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
If as man or woman you can't tell the difference between consent and/or objection, even reluctance, even when not spoken, something is wrong with YOU.

Just how complicated can this be for any man or woman?!?

It must be pretty complicated for you. Otherwise you would try to answer the question.

"If a man and a woman are drunk and have sex, but the woman claims rape due to her intoxication, how is that the man's fault?"

A woman can give wholehearted consent, then decide later that she isn't comfortable with it, and claim rape or assault because she was intoxicated. How is that just?

Old 06-19-2016, 08:40 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
And/or a lot of men not feeling as if a long sad history of men subjugating women (and others) isn't still in need of some correcting and not altogether all that hard to do when ultimately it is just a mindset focused on treating others fairly, with the respect and opportunity they deserve rather than who can exploit by way of physical force or position of power. Also very simple really...

I am a white male with no problem whatsoever with feminism, and for those who feel victimized by such, chances are you are simply realizing the age old adage that ultimately we "rise to the level of our incompetence." In so doing, of course we find what reason to blame on others for our problems, and for many, feminism is as good an excuse as any.

Also for those wanting to know when it is men being discriminated against as opposed to women and minorities who have complained about the same for many decades (only recently even given the vote), if you have to ask or if you are inclined to ask, you're something of a white male moron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giaZP-2Buiw

Old 06-19-2016, 09:36 AM

53 posts, read 54,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post

It must be pretty complicated for you. Otherwise you would try to answer the question.

"If a man and a woman are drunk and have sex, but the woman claims rape due to her intoxication, how is that the man's fault?"

A woman can give wholehearted consent, then decide later that she isn't comfortable with it, and claim rape or assault because she was intoxicated. How is that just?
After reading this thread how do you see it as giving consent when he was caught be two people, got scared, and ran away. Obviously this guy was sexually assaulting this girl. From reading his behavior prior to the event he was witnessed kissing girls without their consent and making them very uncomfortable. Well, he finally found his dream ticket, a girl so messed up she could not resist. His only problem is he didn't do his homework and find a more private place so he could really fulfill his sick fantasies for a longer period of time.

Old 06-19-2016, 10:48 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
This is a different topic: political correctness.

As a man, I am not allowed to voice my opinions on anything out of fear of reprisal. If I say things that are not politically correct, I potentially risk my job, as well as social alienation. So I say nothing. I do not say things that I don't feel to be true. But if I have beliefs that are against social norms, I simply say nothing.

If that is being a hypocrite, then I guess I'm a hypocrite. But as a straight white male in today's society, I have to worry more about CYA (cover your ass) than anything else. After all, man's gotta eat.

I suspect your discussion topics are the problem not the people you work with, political correctness, the world, or any other excuses you can come up with.

Quote:
I am also a man who has worked with women as long as I can remember, in a large corporate setting, in a small company setting, with my own company, and I have never had this concern you describe, I think because I am not inclined toward sexual harassment (or racism or general incivility toward others).

True, maybe I know better than to tell an "off color" joke in the workplace. With men, the joke might be funny. With women, probably sexual harassment, at least inappropriate, but no big mystery there either, no different from a white guy telling a joke at the expense of a black person.

If you are concerned about "retribution" or losing your job about what you might say, best you keep your mouth shut, because sure enough you must harbor some notions or inclinations that are not altogether proper, not "politically correct." Might consider that is YOUR problem (and one that needs correcting), not the sensitivity or civility of others.

Old 06-19-2016, 11:51 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,630,428 times
Quote:
This is a different topic: political correctness.

As a man, I am not allowed to voice my opinions on anything out of fear of reprisal. If I say things that are not politically correct, I potentially risk my job, as well as social alienation. So I say nothing. I do not say things that I don't feel to be true. But if I have beliefs that are against social norms, I simply say nothing.

If that is being a hypocrite, then I guess I'm a hypocrite. But as a straight white male in today's society, I have to worry more about CYA (cover your ass) than anything else. After all, man's gotta eat.
"I don't think there's anything wrong with men raping women who've had too much to drink, but whenever I tell people that they become angry with me. So obviously I'm being discriminated against by people who hate white males!"

Last edited by Mr. In-Between; 06-19-2016 at 12:10 PM..

Old 06-19-2016, 12:13 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,057,090 times
Quote:

This is the kind of brainwashing I'm talking about. It's sad, really. This is a perfect example that people can be convinced to support things that are against their own best interest with enough media attention and peer pressure.

Old 06-19-2016, 12:19 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,057,090 times
Quote:
I am also a man who has worked with women as long as I can remember, in a large corporate setting, in a small company setting, with my own company, and I have never had this concern you describe, I think because I am not inclined toward sexual harassment (or racism or general incivility toward others).

True, maybe I know better than to tell an "off color" joke in the workplace. With men, the joke might be funny. With women, probably sexual harassment, at least inappropriate, but no big mystery there either, no different from a white guy telling a joke at the expense of a black person.

If you are concerned about "retribution" or losing your job about what you might say, best you keep your mouth shut, because sure enough you must harbor some notions or inclinations that are not altogether proper, not "politically correct." Might consider that is YOUR problem (and one that needs correcting), not the sensitivity or civility of others.
Again, you are brainwashed, my friend.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with telling jokes at the expense of other races or women.

For example, when I was in the military, I shared a work station with a fat black woman, a foreign-born black guy, and a Hispanic woman. They were all cool though. They all technically worked under me. So, naturally, I made jokes about slavery (a white man in charge of black people). I also made fat jokes and sexist jokes. In turn, they would make short jokes (I'm a short guy). It was funny and a great work environment. I got lucky in that my coworkers were awesome and fun. It made the difficult work day go faster.

You seem like the type that would tell on us right away. Am I right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies