Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2016, 08:06 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,563,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
Do you know anything about Ted Bundy?

I'm inclined to think that you don't because this comment (in response to what I wrote) doesn't make sense.
Actually I went back over your posts there is definitely a hostility towards women. You seem to have a grudge against them for some unknown reason. I am sure you have your reasons. Ted Bundy was rejected by his first serious gf and never really recovered. He had an anger towards women and ended up doing the unthinkable. Do I think you are the next Ted Bundy? No, but maybe some sympathy towards the girl in this thread instead of anger towards her would be a good start. You have poor Brock as this unfortunate soul who is misunderstood and her as being the bad person. Maybe some therapy might help. Just a suggestion. Your private note to me was duly noted. You definitely have anger issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2016, 08:08 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
If drunk women cannot legally consent then... drunk women cannot legally consent. Are you really so dense that you cannot comprehend this?

Once again, the victim was black out drunk, not just tipsy. Sexual activity requires continual consent, which can be explicit, as in, "please keep doing that," or through active, positive participation. A woman who is unconscious cannot provide continuing consent. Why is this so difficult for you to understand? Also, you engage in intercourse with a drunk woman at your own risk. New person on a bender at a party? If you're so stupid that you fail to understand the risk of pursuing sexual activity with her (or him), I have no sympathy for you. First encounter should always be sober. Period.

Old 06-25-2016, 08:28 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,998,245 times
Put that swimmer in the slammer with harden criminals and there will be some severe impacting going on !
Put that sorry Judge in with him!

Old 06-25-2016, 08:44 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
It was reported that she doesn't remember what happened, and that the sex play started before they were discovered in flagrante delicto.

So there is no evidence whatsoever that she DIDN'T consent.

It's a bit difficult to consent being unconscious and all.

Quote:
What was she doing going to a college party without her boyfriend when she wasn't even a college student? And why did she get plastered?
This was all covered extensively if you had bothered to read anything on this case. She went to the party with her sister (not that it matters). Was dressed extremely modestly (not that it matters). And didn't drink much, so had lowered tolerance for alcohol (not that it matters). None of these things caused Turner to sexually assault her, only he did.

Quote:
A drunk passed-out girl being fondled by a drunk guy.

Not exactly the crime of the century.
Minimizing the sexual assault of others, how quaint.

Quote:
She doesn't remember anything, and the other witnesses arrived only after the sex play began.

Again, do some reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Put that swimmer in the slammer with harden criminals and there will be some severe impacting going on !
Put that sorry Judge in with him!

Although I truly understand the sentiment, I think calling for someone's rape regardless of the circumstances is not okay.

Last edited by Zimbochick; 06-25-2016 at 09:48 AM..

Old 06-25-2016, 09:14 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Warning to those of you who don't like my color posts (done to keep thoughts straight w/o posting a wall of text, BTW)!

Quote:
No.

It was reported that she doesn't remember what happened, and that the sex play started before they were discovered in flagrante delicto.

Well said.

What was she doing going to a college party without her boyfriend when she wasn't even a college student? And why did she get plastered?

Witnessed what?

We don't know that.

She doesn't remember anything, and the other witnesses arrived only after the sex play began.

Yes.

It's no different than a man getting plastered and then staggering home by himself through a sketchy neighborhood.

He's going to get rolled.

Well said.
Where? Post a cite.

Kind of hard to prove a negative.

I've addressed this before, but she went with her sister. She was home visiting. Why'd she get plastered; who knows? It happens. I don't condone that, but such behavior does not say "Rape me, please".

It's a lot different. She was non-responsive. Those Swedish guys were at first inclined to think it was just two people having sex by a dumpster, until they noted, even from a distance, that the woman was_not_moving! Brock was able to get up and RUN, not walk away. One of the Swedish guys tripped him to stop him.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 06-25-2016 at 10:00 AM..

Old 06-25-2016, 09:37 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:

I'm sorry...wtf does this even mean?
Are women not allowed to party if their bf/husband isn't around?
IS this some kind of effed up rule in your effed up world?

Old 06-25-2016, 09:48 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:

This is one of the most terrifying and inhuman statements I've ever read.

Old 06-25-2016, 12:08 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
No.

The very fact that she does not remember anything proves that she was unconscious or very near unconsciousness when the rapist started molesting her.

Someone in that condition is unable to consent.

Old 06-25-2016, 04:16 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
We are nearing 120 pages can we all come to a agreement that Ms. Doe did not agree to Carnal Knowledge with mR. Brock Turner (???)

Old 06-26-2016, 12:10 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
It's a bit difficult to consent being unconscious and all.
We don't know that she was unconscious when the sex play started.

Quote:
Minimizing the sexual assault of others, how quaint.
It wasn't assault if she consented.

Quote:
Again, do some reading.
I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I'm sorry...wtf does this even mean?
Are women not allowed to party if their bf/husband isn't around?
IS this some kind of effed up rule in your effed up world?
I think the world would be less effed up if people behaved like ladies and gentlemen.

I don't see that here, from either side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
This is one of the most terrifying and inhuman statements I've ever read.
Well, it isn't the crime of the century. No sexual intercourse happened -- thus, no rape. He might not have known that she had passed out. He was drunk himself. She might well have consented when the sex play began.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
The very fact that she does not remember anything proves that she was unconscious or very near unconsciousness when the rapist started molesting her.
Not true. Not remembering what you did (blacking out) is not the same thing as being unconscious at the time you did those things.

In fact, the opposite is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
We are nearing 120 pages can we all come to a agreement that Ms. Doe did not agree to Carnal Knowledge with mR. Brock Turner (???)
No.

There is no evidence that she didn't agree to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies