Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 11:03 AM

24,396 posts, read 23,053,611 times

Advertisements

I fired one many, many years ago and didn't find it that enjoyable to shoot. It was kind of heavy and loud. Not as bad as the AK 47, another rifle I shot a few times. I don't see the real interest in that either, I guess its based on image.
I wonder what the NEXT gun or pistols will be that will be banned if they get what they want here. Not to mention who else will be banned from owning firearms. Get a minor infraction or say the wrong thing in a fit of anger or while intoxicated, look out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 11:07 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,977,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I fired one many, many years ago and didn't find it that enjoyable to shoot. It was kind of heavy and loud. Not as bad as the AK 47, another rifle I shot a few times. I don't see the real interest in that either, I guess its based on image.
I wonder what the NEXT gun or pistols will be that will be banned if they get what they want here. Not to mention who else will be banned from owning firearms. Get a minor infraction or say the wrong thing in a fit of anger or while intoxicated, look out.
That's exactly how it happens: "Aw, guns are still being used in crimes. We need to prevent yet another class of people from owning a firearm." It's calculated to be insidious, gradual.

They're willing to take the long view, and they will not stop, ever. They're after a political ideology, even if its multigenerational in timeline.

Old 06-17-2016, 05:04 AM

59,002 posts, read 27,284,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
And here is Sullivan's response to what HBO aired. Seems they took a few liberties, but what else is new? At the end of this article he states, "As I wrote in the comments of my original article, I have turned down many interview requests for TV and radio. I turn them down because I am not trained in television interview techniques, specifically how to deal with a hostile interviewer."

BREAKING: Jim Sullivan Responds, He is NOT Anti-Civilian AR-15, HBO Selectively Edited the Interview - The Firearm Blog
"3. [What I said] doesn’t mean I’m not pleased to see AR15s sell on the civilian market. It just means I didn’t realize they would 57 years ago."

Old 06-17-2016, 05:11 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
JOHN YANG: The NRA says it’s America’s most popular rifle, used legally and safely by millions of people. A lawyer for victims’ families says it’s the gold standard for mass murder of innocent civilians.

The AR-15 has been used in some of the nation’s worst mass shootings, at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, an Oregon community college, and now an Orlando gay club.

To learn more about the rifle, its popularity among gun enthusiasts and its place in American culture, we went to a Northern Virginia gun range to speak with former Deputy Assistant Defense Secretary Phillip Carter, himself a gun owner, who knows the AR-15 well from his service as an Army officer.

Why is this weapon so popular?

It

great. since these lawyers are suing because of these rifles being used by murderers, they should also start suing the democrat party as well, since it is always a democrat that is the one that is doing the mass murders.

Old 06-17-2016, 06:03 AM

18,454 posts, read 7,085,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
As with everything else (that gun nuts love to ignore) it's a question of degree. No one is talking about banning all guns, and no on thinks that banning some guns will stop all mass shootings. It will make it more difficult, and again..you know that. You just don't care.

Everyone on this board knows that if the killer in Orlando had a pump action shotgun, he would not have been able to kill 49 and injure another 50. Everyone...every gun nut here. The bottom line is, you guys just don't care. You want your toys and your Red Dawn Fantasies, and that's obviously more important to you than anything else, including other peoples lives. And the more common sense people try to talk to you, the more you sink into your paranoia fantasy world where the government is out to get you. It just keeps feeding off itself.

The guy had three hours.

Anyone reasonably practiced at the use of a pump shotgun can get off 50 rounds in 5 minutes easily. And the wounds created would be far more devastating than those created by an AR-15.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:13 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,366,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
So then we are advocating for the ban of a weapon that the Orlando shooter didn't use?

Somehow that will stop future events from happening?

Facts never get in the way of the anti gun nut agenda. They really don't want to admit that after excluding suicides as much as 85% of "gun violence" is career criminals killing other career criminals.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:22 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,366,892 times
Quote:
As with everything else (that gun nuts love to ignore) it's a question of degree. No one is talking about banning all guns, and no on thinks that banning some guns will stop all mass shootings. It will make it more difficult, and again..you know that. You just don't care.
More anti gun nut lies. You think people actually believe you when you say "no one is talking about banning all guns"? The truth is YOU don't care about saving lives, you care about banning guns and punishing law abiding Americans. You ignore or dismiss every report about the hundreds of thousands of times every year guns are used to prevent crime and focus on the 0.01% of crimes that the media splashes across the headlines 24x7 for weeks any time it happens.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:30 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,074,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It's the toyota corolla of the gun world and does most everything well.

light
compact
interchangeable parts
found everywhere
easy to work on
fairly cheap
durable
accurate
highly accurate for hunting or target shooting
fits everyone easily

If someone wants just one gun that is the one they should choose

Let's get the NRA, or their Government puppets, to buy one for each American. The pastor, the teacher, the foreman....cab driver, airline pilot...and each student. The heart surgeon....the librarian...the ticket seller at the movies.....one for each State and National Representative.....everyone gets at least one.....plus say 1,000 rounds of ammo.

Problem solved. Everyone will be armed and safe.

Or dead.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:37 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,877,477 times
Quote:

Everyone on this board knows that if the killer in Orlando had a pump action shotgun, he would not have been able to kill 49 and injure another 50. Everyone...every gun nut here. The bottom line is, you guys just don't care. You want your toys and your Red Dawn Fantasies, and that's obviously more important to you than anything else, including other peoples lives. And the more common sense people try to talk to you, the more you sink into your paranoia fantasy world where the government is out to get you. It just keeps feeding off itself.
Do you know what would prevent even more mass shootings than banning AR 15's?
By banning people seeing shrinks for anger issues and mental instability from buying guns.
Maybe if the FBI didn't ignore co-workers concerns and took the guys threats seriously, the Orlando shooting would have been prevented.
Maybe if we spent less money interfering in other countries and spent it here at home we could better police ourselves.
The shooter chose a gun. God forbid these whack jobs start choosing bombs.
We need to focus on individuals and who is doing the shooting.
Mental patients and self-proclaimed radicals.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:40 AM

50,255 posts, read 47,017,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Let's get the NRA, or their Government puppets, to buy one for each American. The pastor, the teacher, the foreman....cab driver, airline pilot...and each student. The heart surgeon....the librarian...the ticket seller at the movies.....one for each State and National Representative.....everyone gets at least one.....plus say 1,000 rounds of ammo.

Problem solved. Everyone will be armed and safe.

Or dead.
Sounds like Israel. I'm ok with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies