Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 07:04 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Does Obama change his statements week to week? Does he say 'that was just a suggestion' to dodge the question? And I'm not saying Obama hasn't been a hypocrite or dodged questions. He's a ****ing politician. Of course he's done both. But he has not done it in the same way that Donald does it.

Since I was responding almost exclusively to Obama change of heart on gay marriage, I'll use that example. Obama over the course of years decided it was time to make gay marriage universal and came out in favor of it, when 4 years ago, he effectively gave the safe answer which was neither that it's right or wrong but said states should make that call. He then gave a story that was probably BS about how his daughters said something about a kid with two moms or something and justified his opinion. Trump's gone from banning all Muslims, to doing it temporarily, to doing it based on high risk countries in a matter of weeks. And he does this sort of thing all the time.

Yes, Obama has changed stances. So has everyone else in DC, with the exception of a few. Donald get caught in lies on a regular basis, and it's not just big things. It's small things. Do you know how tall his wall is going to be? He's given answers ranging from 30 feet to 90. That's a margin of error of 60 feet. The price range as he's stated has ranged from 4 billion to 12 billion, a margin of error of 8 billion. Did you know he said we've never beaten Japan at anything? Think about that for a second.

Look, Obama's various hypocrisies are standard for Washington. Is it still wrong? Yeah. But I fail to see how Donald Trump doesn't represent a far worse version. The only reason people don't think this is because he has no political experience so they don't think he's corrupt from Washington. But's he's already full of it and he hasn't even gotten there yet.
That's being picayunish.

And the alternative is Hillary? What a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2016, 09:55 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Oh, man, now we are going to have a bunch of Trump supporters start to berate President Obama for deporting too many people, whereas just yesterday the talking point was that Obama refuses to deport anybody.

One would think this would create a dilemma for the cult, but it will not. They will simply pivot to now saying that the president has no heart because he's deporting all those poor illegals. And they will see no contradiction in that 180 degree turnaround.
Exactly. the only thing that seems consistent is blaming "liberals" for everything under the sun.

I think it goes to show that the most powerful forces in politics are fear and hate.

Old 06-29-2016, 09:58 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpshooterTom View Post
If he has any chance of winning has to move to the center.
This is the correct answer, and it's exactly what Trump is doing.

It is statements like these that scare the left the most and should have Hillary shaking in her boots.

Old 06-29-2016, 10:54 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,790,656 times
Trump only cares about one thing: His Money. He will do anything or say anything to get elected and set-up the game to his favor and ef the US from the back. That's all. He does not care about your well-being, about foreign affairs or whatever.

Old 06-29-2016, 11:30 AM

29,491 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Well that is a bummer. Still so far, he stands above the others. We will see how much more he waffles.

Old 06-29-2016, 11:31 AM

29,491 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dollaztx View Post
Trump only cares about one thing: His Money. He will do anything or say anything to get elected and set-up the game to his favor and ef the US from the back. That's all. He does not care about your well-being, about foreign affairs or whatever.

So like HRC ?

Old 06-29-2016, 11:36 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Trump started looking at the cause finally! Not the band-aids on the symptoms.

Enforcing employer sanctions are top priority. It is called the virtual wall.
An Amendment to end birthright citizenship.

Old 06-29-2016, 11:42 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlees View Post
It won't matter, Trumpsters are programmed to forget everything Donald has said previously.

Wait for it, by next week he'll be touting a path to citizenship and claim he's the first one to ever think of it.
"Da Greatest Path to Citizenship"

Old 06-29-2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

We must fight globalism and Trump is the only candidate willing to do that and many of us are with him on that.

I'm still fine with Trump. We don't need a deportation force as he full well knows. You start big so you end up with something left after the negotiations. All I care about now is getting him elected.
Trump is a globalist.

His products are made elsewhere and imported instead of hiring US people.

Ivanka has 800+ items of clothing, shoes and handbags for sale, all made elsewhere and imported instead of hiring US people.

Melania has a line of costume jewelry she hawks on QVS, all made elsewhere instead of hiring US people.

Trump imports seasonal workers to clean his hotel rooms instead of hiring US people.

Trump has expanded his empire and is building in Dubai, using imported Indian workers who have no rights and are paid cents on the dollar. Their passports are confiscated until the job is done.

Best not get raped in Dubai and report it, else you will find yourself in jail. NO PDA. No eating, drinking or smoking in front of Muslims during the Ramadan fast. Zero tolerance for drugs. It's prison or death. Why anyone would want to visit this place is beyond me.

Trump slams Hillary for being too Wall Street friendly, yet he is the candidate who says he will repeal regulations that hamper Wall Street.

It's amazing that a country of this size cannot produce better options than Trump or Hillary.

Regardless, most of what any nominee promises, requires Congress to approve and fund, assuming they bother to pursue all their promises.

Old 06-29-2016, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
You can dwell over words. I don't care if there is "mass deportation" as long as there is deportation. So no, that's not gonna turn me away from Trump. If you enforce current laws, you have to deport. You obviously don't care about laws.
"President Obama has mass deported vast numbers of people — the most ever, and it's never reported. I think people are going to find that I have not only the best policies, but I will have the biggest heart of anybody," Trump said in an interview with Bloomberg Politics Saturday.

My take is that Trump is now attempting to imply Obama has no heart and has deported too many people.

There have been Sanctuary cities throughout the US for 40 years. Heck, Florida, with long time Republican Governors and legislature, has Sanctuary Counties.

Only 4 states have mandatory e-verify for all employees.

ICE employs 20,000 people, not all of which are agents in more than 400 domestic offices and 46 foreign countries. 20,000 vs, 12 million illegals and hundreds of legacy sanctuary cities/counties does not compute.

Trump has said he will treble the ICE force. All he has to do is persuade Congress to pay for an incremental 40,000 jobs/benefits/pensions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies