Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2016, 06:52 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,335,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
And they get highly emotional when anyone disagrees with their opinions or feelings.
I'm not "highly emotional." I made a statement. Perhaps your preconceived notions ascribed a tone that wasn't there.

Old 07-01-2016, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Ummmm, could this why some women who get authority walk on others? I worked in a hospital with a woman boss, she seemed to have a hard time working with younger women, everyone knew this. She informed me one day I was too young to be at the job......how is working in the kitchen area to young, I was 18. Nothing about my job performance, that she couldn't get rid of me instead she chose to make me miserable, that I quit.
Some men have the same issues. Its not a gender thing. Its a personality thing.

Old 07-01-2016, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I always find it hilarious when feminists rant about how violent men are, or about all the other negatively-correlated effects of testosterone.

Thus, at least to a degree, they understand how hormones can completely change attitudes, personalities, and behavior. And they know this partly because of their understanding of the effects that puberty had on themselves, as well as their understanding of what happens to them at menopause, or as a result of a hysterectomy, or even the results of hormonal birth-control.

But then if you say, "men and women are different", they freak out, call you a liar, and declare you have no evidence to support such a claim.

Everyone knows that women don't interact with each other in the same way that men interact with each other. Everyone knows that women tend to dislike each other, and the only thing that seems to bring them together, is someone to gossip and complain about it. It is so well-documented, and painfully obvious, that I'm always amazed that these feminists continue to deny it.

Why women will gossip about you behind your back (but men will tell you to your face) | Daily Mail Online

This video cracks me up. It is about how women love to talk and complain about problems, but it doesn't mean that they want to fix them. I find it especially funny, because I'm a "fixer". If you come to me with a problem, all I'm thinking about is how to fix it, to find solutions, I don't want to just talk about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4EDhdAHrOg

Furthermore, men are certainly bigger and stronger than women, and everyone knows that women are more-affected by emotions than men. Of course, there is a debate about whether being more-controlled by emotions is actually a bad thing.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...-women-and-men

And there is a lot of evidence that men's and women's brains "tend" to be wired differently. Though it is a spectrum, where men tend to be more to one side of the spectrum, and women are mostly on the other, but with some overlap.

Sorry chaps, your brains aren't made for multi-tasking: But women are hard-wired to juggle jobs | Daily Mail Online

Of course, all of this doesn't really even matter that much to me. As I said, I don't dislike women because they are different, anymore than I would dislike my dog simply for being different. I think men and women compliment each other. Why would it even be a good thing, both socially and evolutionarily, if men and women were exactly the same?

I posted this to my facebook the other day.

"A man is looking for someone at who's presence he can praise. A woman is looking for a shoulder she can rely on."

Which was the result a conversation I was having with a friend about, "What is it that women want from a man?"

A woman doesn't want a woman with a penis. She wants a man. And a man doesn't want a man with a vagina, he wants a woman.

The quote was in reference to the phenomenon whereby men tend to want "good girls", while women are often attracted to "bad boys". And how the reproductive strategy of men and women, affects their expectations of the opposite sex.

And the difference is primarily because of this, women always know their children are theirs, men don't.

Furthermore, women need men to protect them, and to provide for them(especially when they are pregnant), and they need men's muscle. Men on the other hand, are sufficient unto themselves. For the most part, they don't need women for anything more than bearing their children. Which has been their primary role for hundreds of thousands of years. Which is also why they also tend to have stronger instincts to nurture than do men.

Which is a good thing, because men love to be nurtured. Especially by a soft, loving, compassionate, feminine woman. Which BTW, women actually enjoy doing(as long as they feel appreciated), because they have a biological need to feel needed.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...hen-you-re-not

And women are lucky anyways, they have always been happier than men. And the more they take on their more natural role as a feminine woman, the happier they are. Why do you so-desperately want to be something you're not?

Secret to happiness? Be a conservative woman | New York Post

Men and women are different. But they are equal.

Old 07-01-2016, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
I'm female and work in a male heavy industry. Men can be catty little Bit**es in the workplace too. Some have been fine, but some have been brownnosers or gossip or play favorites or are just plain jerks. Many have an inflated view of themselves and their competence. No one wants to work for/with these men and sadly it's not just for 5 days out of the month.
I too work in a historically male dominated industry. Men can be catty, vindictive, gossipy too.

Old 07-01-2016, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I'll be sure to quote your post next time a women at works asks me to change the water bottle on the cooler because it is too heavy for her.
I can change the water bottle on the cooler. But the men in my office insist I'm too little to do so. I wonder if they go around telling other people how they have to help some poor helpless woman change the water bottles at work.

Old 07-01-2016, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Well jeez dude, I wonder why? (Exhibit A, this thread.)

And as you obviously resent women being your superiors, I take the above with a jumbo sized salt shaker.
LOL Isn't that the truth??? Its the same theory, IMO, of when people talk **** about minorities constantly and then wonder why some members of their groups get defensive.

Old 07-01-2016, 07:01 AM

811 posts, read 551,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
No, I've worked for many years in a corporate environment.

I'm certain, when writing a performance review, women use appropiate language.

So, yeah, the language and topic changes, depending on the environment.. That goes for both genders.
Again, I never said women didn't use appropriate language. You responded to me sarcastically with an eye roll did you not that you had a hard time believing that men used the word "thus" at work to describe their coworkers. It had nothing to do with women using/not using appropriate language.

The main topic was about behavior of both genders at work and my point still stands that yes men and women are different. Do some men act feminine in that they gossip and are catty like women, yes, but notice how I said "like women" which goes to show you those are traits/behaviors associated with one group and not the other. Again, I've met women who love to fight physically more than men. That is not common in women, but it is a male trait.

Old 07-01-2016, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
nope not all. Just the control freakish micromanagement types who have something to prove.
Or maybe you are projecting preconceived ideas about (a) how women should act and (b) your own feelings about women onto these "types." If a man stands up for himself, he's assertive. If a woman does the same, she's a *****.

Old 07-01-2016, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
This thread makes some people emotional

It's going to be OK
You use the word emotional as an insult. Why? What if I started calling all men dumb cavemen who go around assaulting women? How would that make you feel? I'm sure you wouldn't take kindly to being lumped in with people just because you share a gender.

Old 07-01-2016, 07:04 AM

15,875 posts, read 21,466,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I can change the water bottle on the cooler. But the men in my office insist I'm too little to do so. I wonder if they go around telling other people how they have to help some poor helpless woman change the water bottles at work.
It's women - in high heels and skirts no less - who change the water bottle on the cooler in my office. And kill bugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies