Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2016, 01:37 PM

1,166 posts, read 755,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
You are seriously misunderstanding what I said.

I said that men hold women to a lower standard than they do other men. For instance, men regularly say that women are "irrational", or "crazy", or "*******", etc. But if a man behaved the same way as a woman, the other men wouldn't put up with it. Men let women behave that way, because they are women.

You basically aren't allowed to be irrational as a man. But women largely get a free pass.

When you say men wouldn't put up with irrational behavior by other men, what exactly are you trying to say they would do to stop it?

I have seen plenty of males act irrational, crazy, etc. at work and not once did some mythical group of "other men" or the Keebler elves come along to take action.

Old 06-30-2016, 01:37 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,144,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Then why do women keep asking me and men in general do to all those things? get stuff from the high shelf, open jars, lift anything over 10 pounds, etc.

Women like half of equality. Let me know when you have signed up for selective service.
Lol

I'm taller than my husband, so I'm the one getting the high stuff off the shelf and changing the lightbulbs. I also open all the jars and smash all the spiders (my husband screams when he sees a spider).

And he didn't want to sign up for selective service, he only did so because he was afraid of jail.

Old 06-30-2016, 01:39 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,969,781 times
Quote:
Then why do women keep asking me and men in general do to all those things? get stuff from the high shelf, open jars, lift anything over 10 pounds, etc.

Women like half of equality. Let me know when you have signed up for selective service.
You obviously missed my point.... If you weren't there to do it, we'd figure out a way to do it ourselves.
I am 5'2"... I have a step stool to get things from high shelves. I have this little rubber goody that gives me more leverage when opening jars or I've used a door jamb to open bottles. While working for the airlines I tossed 70 pound suitcases onto the bag belt all day long...
As stated earlier... Your arguments against equality are getting weaker and weaker and your being physically stronger, bigger, taller argument is about the weakest one yet.
None of the things you mentioned are going to make our world come to an end if you stop doing them.
Everything you mentioned is nothing more than your weak attempt to somehow " punish " us ( in your mind) for daring to want to be treated with the same respect as you seem to feel that we owe you.

Old 06-30-2016, 01:40 PM

1,166 posts, read 755,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Lol

I'm taller than my husband, so I'm the one getting the high stuff off the shelf and changing the lightbulbs. I also open all the jars and smash all the spiders (my husband screams when he sees a spider).

And he didn't want to sign up for selective service, he only did so because he was afraid of jail.

The selective service thing makes me LMAO. Many of the same men that have a problem working with women also believe that women are not fit to serve in the military, especially in macho man combat roles and for that reason should not be subject to the draft.

Old 06-30-2016, 01:44 PM

30,261 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I believe this post is quite overly dramatic, catty, vicious, backstabbing and whiny.
It must run rampant through the work place, of course not all females, it's the majority of them........

Working with women is no different than working with men when you learn to separate work life from personal life, even if those one works with have not learned how to do the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by :-D View Post
Yes because how I act in my personal time on an anonymous Internet forum talking about politics and controversies is the exact same way of how I work with clients at work in real life. There is absolutely no such thing as acting or putting on a persona, we must all act the same in every situation and at all times.

Then why are you giving it to me?

Ok so if someone says something blatantly discriminatory to me I'm supposed to shut up and take it, right? Because women being stereotyped and prejudiced as bad coworkers and bosses because of a few bad apples is justifiable and I should just suffer the consequences of this without any right to stand up for myself? I'm guessing you are one of the men OP is talking about because my posts seem to have caught your attention. If you agree with any of the points OP said they have heard men say then you are a misogynist.

You should be ashamed of yourself. I feel bad for the women in your life, I assume if you're ever with them and they are sexually harassed or any other form of verbal degradation you'd just let it happen right? Why don't you, instead of trying to discredit me, actually stand up for others and be a good positive role model in our society.

It's a shame that after all the things our mothers and grandmothers went through to give us these rights we still aren't treated as equals because of these overwhelming, and mostly incorrect, stereotypes of women. It's evident you have never been a victim of workplace discrimination. If you ever are, then maybe you could see why this post upsets me. But you're probably a man who will never understand what it's like to be a woman so, I might as well be talking to a brick wall. Things are not fully equal between men and women... Yet. It's a work in progress because of mindsets like the one OP portrayed that holds us back. If women don't keep fighting the good fight when these things happen to them, things won't change.

I don't support any of those things. In a perfect world in my eyes we are equals. Naturally children should go first but then men and women equally. I don't condone violence ever unless it's self-defense, and that goes for men and women and in some sporting events. Women may also be required to sign up for the draft soon, there's a bill for it in the works right now. Things take time, it's still a work in progress, and anyone who isn't for equal rights in the things you say are also discriminatory just remember that. If there can be sexism against women then there is most definitely sexism against men, it's not a one way street. While some women may express those views again they don't speak for all of women, why is it that men constantly judge women as a whole for feminazis and adult-age high schoolers at work but men are never as a whole judged for the sexist and immature ones that exist among their gender?

Another fine example of why I despise working with females.

I rest my case.

Old 06-30-2016, 01:45 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,732 times
Quote:

I said that men hold women to a lower standard than they do other men. For instance, men regularly say that women are "irrational", or "crazy", or "*******", etc. But if a man behaved the same way as a woman, the other men wouldn't put up with it. Men let women behave that way, because they are women.

You basically aren't allowed to be irrational as a man. But women largely get a free pass.
There is a lot of truth to that.

The thing is, I don't get offended by women that act like women. I see the problem more being that so many men truly don't understand how to get along with women. They feel like they're walking on egg shells because they can't communicate with the opposite sex like they can with another level headed guy. Working with women is no different than working with a guy that has thin skin. If you take the time to understand this mindset, you'll never have a problem with it. There is nothing wrong with going a little out of your way to create good relationships in the workplace.

You catch more bees with honey.

Old 06-30-2016, 01:51 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,969,781 times
Quote:

You hold women to a lower standard because you feel we're inferior to you and other men. " forgive them for they not know what they do".
Men " give" women a free pass.... Hilarious. Like some benevolent ruler excusing us because we're somehow flawed. In other words... Less than men.

Old 06-30-2016, 01:55 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,825,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
You obviously missed my point.... If you weren't there to do it, we'd figure out a way to do it ourselves.
I am 5'2"... I have a step stool to get things from high shelves. I have this little rubber goody that gives me more leverage when opening jars or I've used a door jamb to open bottles. While working for the airlines I tossed 70 pound suitcases onto the bag belt all day long...
As stated earlier... Your arguments against equality are getting weaker and weaker and your being physically stronger, bigger, taller argument is about the weakest one yet.
None of the things you mentioned are going to make our world come to an end if you stop doing them.
Everything you mentioned is nothing more than your weak attempt to somehow " punish " us ( in your mind) for daring to want to be treated with the same respect as you seem to feel that we owe you.
War would make your world come to an end pretty quickly.

Trying to say men and women are equal denies millions of years of evolution. Men and women are different, both physically and mentally, pretending we are equal is just denying science and evolution. You might notice I didn't say one gender is better than the other, just that we are different.

Old 06-30-2016, 02:00 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Indeed.

This whole thread is complete rubbish.
I actually find it hilarious......seems some people are just too sensitive, maybe this is the problem.

Quote:

I think we women look to men as being strength and rational.......irrational men are just plain hard to deal with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
New lady in one of my teams. East European origin, 25 years old, blond, blue eyes, 5.11 or 6 foot tall, slim, very beautiful, very smart and dress like a professional (no cleavage, no short skirts etc).
Most of the other ladies in my teams are in their late 30, 40, unattractive and overweight.
They tried to make her very unwelcome. A lot of rumors, whispers and catty behavior against her.
I made her a lead, got rid of the main b**s and hired instead Indian men.
Problem solved.
Good for you! I saw some where if women go for an interview wearing a low cut top this would most likely land them the job.......WTH only if applying to be a hooker or on Fox News.

Old 06-30-2016, 02:02 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
War would make your world come to an end pretty quickly.

Trying to say men and women are equal denies millions of years of evolution. Men and women are different, both physically and mentally, pretending we are equal is just denying science and evolution. You might notice I didn't say one gender is better than the other, just that we are different.
Good post.......this administration must have gotten hit in the head.

I personally like being different than men, some of the jobs are just to hard, hot, sweaty and I don't want to be this tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
You hold women to a lower standard because you feel we're inferior to you and other men. " forgive them for they not know what they do".
Men " give" women a free pass.... Hilarious. Like some benevolent ruler excusing us because we're somehow flawed. In other words... Less than men.
You really are not getting what he is saying, calm down and read slower......... I would say this is the kind of women the men are speaking of!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies