Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 11:57 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times

Advertisements

Well off whites don't care about whites either.

The problem is people not doing enough to end the racist war on drugs. THAT is the major problem that rips families aparts and prevents people from obtaining decent paying jobs. Treat the cause.

I'd never live in LA especially if I was a minority. The LAPD is still a disgrace.

Old 07-10-2016, 12:04 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
The past in the U.S. is affecting the present because for generations upon generations, people refused to do right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
My parents came to this country with literally nothing. No money, no community, no history, no connections, and no coveted white skin. They built themselves into successes. I can cite many others with the same story.

Something my mother has wondered is how it is a group of people (black people) who have been here hundreds of years, who have family, who have established ties, who speak English, etc, can't seem to get their sh** together.

The whites have been no less racist and disrespectful to people like my parents.

No one denies racism is alive and well, but it's not the excuse for everything.

So the question remains...why?
This is such a dumb comment. My parents came to this country with nothing. However, they are intelligent enough to understand that there is difference between being brought to a nation in chains and under slavery/Jim Crow for over 350 years and those immigrating after those years.

Does your mother know what slavery is? Jim Crow? Does she read? With all the opportunity in the U.S , there is no excuse for such a lack of education. What does being here hundreds of years have to do with it? For hundreds of years, African-Americans could be beaten, raped or killed for trying to learn to read. It is not as though any of them came here knowing English. They had to learn to speak, read and write English and had to risk their lives to do so. Does your mother get that? Their religious grounds were bombed - in the 20th century.

By the way, not all "black" people have been in the U.S since those times. And there is a significant difference in the experiences and accomplishments of those who came later.

Why is it so hard for your mother to grasp? My parents understand the difference. They came here free and were allowed to take advantage of the opportunities in this land as soon as they touched down.

Old 07-10-2016, 12:20 AM

50,840 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
The BLM protesters are going about everything totally wrong. All the blacks are doing now is setting back their causes by 100's of years. Everything these protesters do is negative, there is nothing positive about the way they are going about.
Most of that part of your post I agree with.

On the other hand, tonight I saw a roughly 5 minute interview with the co-founder of BLM (I don't recall her name). If BLM had sounded more like she sounded tonight, we might have a different view of BLM.

Old 07-10-2016, 08:21 AM

89,059 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Black lives matter was founded due to police brutality of blacks.
Stuff like this has been going on for years, long before BLM.

One has to look beyond recent events to get a grasp on what the hell is going on in our cities and towns concerning blacks, and those that really don't like them, and there are many who fit that catigory, even if they won'tr admit it.
The well off whites couldn't care less what happens to blacks, and there-in lies a big part of the problem

For years and years, blacks have been held down by whites, in education, housing, employment, and opportunity.
That's a Dem thing. They adamantly oppose school choice/vouchers that would give Blacks equal access to better educational opportunities, and socioeconomic, etc., oppression subsequently results in all other areas.

Blue states/cities are NOTORIOUS for being NIMBY racist. Middle class and poor liberals/Dems are just too ignorant and/or ill-informed to see what's going on.

The most segregated schools are in blue states:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...youd-expect-2/

Chicago: America's most segregated city - Jan. 5, 2016

From the KKK to Jim Crow laws to current NIMBY segregation in schools and neighborhoods... Democrats are the WORST racists this country has EVER seen.

Old 07-10-2016, 08:29 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,292,527 times
Another liberal spewing their solutions that never worked and never will work. A problem is a problem is a problem is right and the problem is liberalism and it is a pandemic in the black community.

Old 07-10-2016, 08:38 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Black lives matter was founded due to police brutality of blacks.
Stuff like this has been going on for years, long before BLM.

One has to look beyond recent events to get a grasp on what the hell is going on in our cities and towns concerning blacks, and those that really don't like them, and there are many who fit that catigory, even if they won'tr admit it.
The well off whites couldn't care less what happens to blacks, and there-in lies a big part of the problem

For years and years, blacks have been held down by whites, in education, housing, employment, and opportunity.
Don't think so?
Take a look at the black communities in this country and get a first hand look at the results of neglect.
Neglect in proper housing, schools, public services etc.

Blacks, not all, have this notion dating back to the days of slavery, that America owes them something, while the whites say that was over two hundred years ago, we owe you nothing, and nothing is what the blacks are getting, and that is absolutely wrong.

Blacks don't want reparations, they want and need help.
They want the same schools that whites enjoy, they want the same highly skilled teachers teaching their kids, they want public services in their communities, the same as in the white communities.
These things are available in the white communities, so why not the black?

Why should the color of their skin determine their fate?
Most blacks are citizens of this country, and ought to be treated like the rest of the citizenry are treated.
Why in the black communities are there no opportunities offered as in white communities?
Why are there no community colleges in black communities?.
Why no startup and small business in black communities?
The why's list could go on and on.
Shamefully, the answer to these and many other why's is all the same, plain and simple, those in a position to offer help and opportunity to the black community, have turned a blind eye to the black community.

Many businesses, big and small in white communities got a start with government funding, as well as their blessing.
What is it about the black communities that puts a wall between them and those that should be helping?

Perhaps this coming from a white person may seem strange to some of you, but understand, blacks deserve the same opportunity as everyone else, and sadly is hasn't been forthcoming, and as a result, instead of peaceful co-existence, we now have civil unrest, bodering on race war.

In this day and age, that is just not acceptable.
Most blacks don't want handouts, they just want the same opportunities afforded the rest of the population.

Sadly, I believe many in law enforcement look at the black populations as something lower than the rest of us, and that is unacceptable.
The unrest in the black communities is nothing new, it has been going on for years.
When is the rest of the country going to realize these people need, and want help?
When will the rest of the population realize the same things they enjoy and take for granted, are sadly missing in the black community?
They need community development, schools and colleges, unbiased law enforcement also.
I believe the white population is mostly to blame for the unrest in the black communities across this country, and they better damm well understand that unless the problems within the black communities are addressed, all hell is going to break out, and soon.

Blacks have been neglected for far to long.

Why even here in LosAngeles, and I think it fair to say, many other cities in this country, illegal aliens are treated better, and given more opportunity than the blacks in this country.
I believe we have our priorities a bit misguided.

Bob.
It is NOT worth my time to discredit yue entire post so I will only do a couls of your claims:

"Black lives matter was founded due to police brutality of blacks."

The first I heard of them was the Ferguson fiasco, where after the black "leaders, (with the help of the LSM and the dems) screamed a FALSE narrative.

He was nothing but a typical black ghetto thug (fortunately NOT ALL blacks fit this description).

The local legal system and even the Obama admin 'Hate crime " unit found the police officer INNOCENT

All the "protesting" (rioting actually) with their hands up in the air was lie.

"For years and years, blacks have been held down by whites, in education, housing, employment, and opportunity."

B.S.

The Civil Rights Act was passed and schools sere desegregated and the blacks WENT TO THE SAME SCHOOL OF THE WHITE KIDS.

I saw brand new housing projects look axectly like 10 year old projects in under a years time.

It is very hard to get a job if you don't finish high school.

Always blame "whitey".

"The well off whites couldn't care less what happens to blacks, and there-in lies a big part of the problem"

And where are all the "well off" blacks?

I wish for just ONCE your ilk would accept the responsibility for your own actions.

It would be a breathe of fresh air!

Old 07-10-2016, 08:41 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
The past in the U.S. is affecting the present because for generations upon generations, people refused to do right.

This is such a dumb comment. My parents came to this country with nothing. However, they are intelligent enough to understand that there is difference between being brought to a nation in chains and under slavery/Jim Crow for over 350 years and those immigrating after those years.

Does your mother know what slavery is? Jim Crow? Does she read? With all the opportunity in the U.S , there is no excuse for such a lack of education. What does being here hundreds of years have to do with it? For hundreds of years, African-Americans could be beaten, raped or killed for trying to learn to read. It is not as though any of them came here knowing English. They had to learn to speak, read and write English and had to risk their lives to do so. Does your mother get that? Their religious grounds were bombed - in the 20th century.

By the way, not all "black" people have been in the U.S since those times. And there is a significant difference in the experiences and accomplishments of those who came later.

Why is it so hard for your mother to grasp? My parents understand the difference. They came here free and were allowed to take advantage of the opportunities in this land as soon as they touched down.
So you claim Blacks were enslaved here for over 350 years right? Well, a bit of news for you so were WHITES. It was called "Indentured Servitude". For many years whites were bought,sold and traded. Men,women,kids and adults were used as chattel to repay debts to wealthy people.
Another little tidbit for you, Jews were slaves LONG BEFORE blacks ever left Africa and for longer not to mention the rampant antisemitism that still exists to this day.
Do you see/hear them burning their own towns down? NOPE. Do you see them blaming others and wallowing in self pity? NOPE. When 6 MILLION were killed did they just sit around and demand a handout from some sugar daddy? NOPE.
They have persevered through all of it not only to survive but thrive. They (as a group) have also supported blacks for ages but are still lumped into that "whitey" group blacks talk about so much. Talk about a slap in the face...

Old 07-10-2016, 08:47 AM

89,059 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Demorats and their Black-puppets have destroyed city after city in the USA.
Truer words were never written. Just take a look around at where the blight and highest violent crime rates are.

Old 07-10-2016, 08:49 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Well off whites don't care about whites either.

The problem is people not doing enough to end the racist war on drugs. THAT is the major problem that rips families aparts and prevents people from obtaining decent paying jobs. Treat the cause.

I'd never live in LA especially if I was a minority. The LAPD is still a disgrace.
Right! Making cocaine, ecstasy, heroin and other drugs legal will REALLY solve the problems.

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne

Old 07-10-2016, 08:50 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post

Does your mother know what slavery is? Jim Crow? Does she read?

Given that her country suffered under the boot of cruel, violent British colonialism for hundreds of years, I'd say, yeah, she gets how it was.
Which is what spawned the question.

I think the people who are stupid and making stupid comments are the ones who think that white people only oppressed people in THIS country for hundreds of years.

My mother was born on her country's independence day.

Blacks were free for far longer in this country then her people were in hers.

The truth is often hidden under layers of political correctness. Even with affirmative action, why aren't we doing better here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies