Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 08:25 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
As soon as they pass by they calling you ****** so you are wrong they arent treating you differently. Exactly the same as they been treating the black race for half a millenia.

And you know that how? Do you have some super sonic hearing or just like to think that is what people are doing????

Old 07-11-2016, 08:26 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,793,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
What does this mean?

Should I be skeptical of the two AA men who helped us in the shoe department? Or should I take their attitudes at face value?
Judging from most of the posts in this thread, you'll assume whatever you want anyway, so, as usual, it doesn't matter what I think.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:28 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
Judging from most of the posts in this thread, you'll assume whatever you want anyway, so, as usual, it doesn't matter what I think.
Oh please. That's a (dare I say it) COP out.

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Are you skeptical of the response you've received from white folks since the shootings? Should I be skeptical of the attitude of the AA men I was talking to the other day?

Old 07-11-2016, 08:29 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Whites were also protesting and blacks were also cops. This boils down to more than race. It's also about cops and the way which they approach people. I also believe when a cop pulls you over don't shoot off your mouth and say crazy things. Cops are also licensed to kill if you go off the rails. Don't be a dead fool. They're are good cops just as there's good protesters. Let's all use common sense.

The name of the cop that shot Philando Castile was Geronimo Yanez. So its all about racism, particularly against whites.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:29 AM

30,385 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
But, nope, business as usual. They still smile at me in passing and say "Hi there buddy" or "how's your day going?"...as if our nation isn't flirting with a race war.
Just going to wear body armor around you like I do when I'm in Detroit, otherwise, all is good.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:31 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
I'm a big believer in treating others the way I want to be treated. So far, it's worked out pretty well for me.

And maybe I'm a Pollyanna, but I don't assume the worst about people based on the color of their skin.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:34 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,283,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Talk about a broad brush.

29 million Texans say hello to strangers while 20 million New Yorkers are more inclined to say FU?

There are friend,y and unfriendly people everywhere.
I cannot speak to Texas, but in NY., maybe 20 mil aren't saying FU, but they are probably thinking it!

Old 07-11-2016, 08:42 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I was born and raised in Dallas and apart from some time spent in college and abroad, I've lived a good portion of my adult life here too. Racial politics has always been an issue here, or has been simmering just below the surface (especially in the school district).

People who were racists before are racists today. People who felt #blacklivesmatter before still feel the same today. People who blame black people for their own situation before still blame them for it today. And people who felt the police were racist thugs before still feel the same way today.

I haven't seen "hearts and minds" change either way after the shootings. About the only visible effect is a bunch of blue ribbons tied around trees and street signs all over the place. That's about it.

The real problem is we don't have to worry about all racists. Racists of you own race pretty much leave you alone. The only racists we do have to worry about are racists of another race. From that perspective what most people see as racist is simply this calculation. Blacks can't tell white racists from the rest and whites can't tell which one's are the racists among the blacks. All it takes is a small minority of racists on each side , if even that. Its enough to just assume it. The way I see it is many blacks will just assume I am racist. Then I simply react to this..

Seems to me most people are concentrating on the racists and not the comparatively massive reaction to it. That is why there are so many seemingly reasonable people doing so many seemingly irrational things. However if ya'll keep focusing on race hate instead of fear, its over before you ever got started.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:43 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,214,154 times
All the powers-that-be, don't actually want anarchy, nor do they want racism for that matter. The government, and the billionaires and corporations who actually run it, want tolerance and integration. To the extent that they appear to be provoking racial strife, it is all politics. Especially since racial politics is such a large part of every election.

They may benefit from a small fire, but they need a controlled burn, and they will keep their extinguisher always at the ready.

The media, and the corporations, no more want real chaos than do the police. They will turn against the protesters the moment they no longer serve their interests.

The left-leaning media wants protests, it wants racial-division, it wants to make blacks believe they are getting a raw-deal, and that only the Federal government can save them. It wants blacks, and other minorities, to vote for big-government democrats.

But the Dallas shooter went beyond what was intended. And they'll do everything they can to prevent such actions from happening in the future, and to otherwise quiet things down, and focus them in their very narrow direction.

Money doesn't want racism, division, or anarchy. It wants a one-world government, and a powerful central government that it can control. And money runs this country, it runs all countries.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:43 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,697,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
what you are saying one should be biassed on dress? have to look and talk like you? wear bow tie? looking at those marches/ protests during he 60's men wore suit jackets? if it were NOT for movies saying a thug wear a tattoo on his forehead- he might be a Hawaiian
If someone dresses like a crackhead gangbanger you better be profiling them and keeping your eye on them. It's just plain stupid not to. Same with a crackhead gangbanging skinhead. You need to profile them. And if your intuition, your gut feeling, is telling you that they might present a danger to you then you better pay attention to that.

If you're not a scum sucking, lowlife gangbanger why would you wanna dress like one? When danger lurks I am an equal opportunity discriminator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies