Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 09:16 PM

3,672 posts, read 2,756,235 times

Advertisements

I have a great job making a six figure salary living in a great city (NYC) with an amazing women who also makes a great salary. We are well educated and have great families who love us and support everything we do.

If you work hard, you will also have a great life. I'm sorry that some of you make poor life decisions, but that is all on you. No, Trump will not help you. Sorry.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:19 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,717,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I have a great job making a six figure salary living in a great city (NYC) with an amazing women who also makes a great salary. We are well educated and have great families who love us and support everything we do.

If you work hard, you will also have a great life. I'm sorry that some of you make poor life decisions, but that is all on you. No, Trump will not help you. Sorry.
i think you meant to type as the thread title "my situation is already great"

Old 07-26-2016, 09:29 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,426,754 times
Quote:

Agreed!!!

People who fail and get subpar results are typically the type to look for external factors to blame (the ruling political party, the economy, whatever). The actions you take to improve your own life will have far more impact that who wins any election.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:33 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,237,192 times
Life is fine cuz I got mine.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:44 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,664,756 times
This is one of the things that really bugs me about Trump (and I don't actually think he's a terrible person).

This whole "make American great again" slogan really bothers me.

This is already a great country! In fact, many politicians (including many Republicans) often refer to it as "the greatest country in the world." When did we stop being great? Let me guess, 2008?

It just seems to me that Trump is playing to the lowest common denominator with that slogan.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:45 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,923,457 times
What the heck are you doing living in Harlem?

Old 07-26-2016, 09:50 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,281,297 times
Funny, didn't Michelle in 2008 say that for the FIRST TIME she was proud of America? Is it only a great country if a lame black man, her husband, is president?

Old 07-26-2016, 09:50 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,923,457 times
Quote:
And gun carry rights in Floridaaaaa really helped the situation. LOl just LOL.
You do realize Orlando is very strict with gun laws.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:02 PM

1,432 posts, read 1,093,304 times
Quote:

Yea, my life is great, and I have made a 6 figure salary for more than 15yrs....but that does not change the fact that the country is going in the wrong direction. I want every one to make a 6 figure salary, but impossible with the current regulations, taxes, etc. Politicians get in the way with the policies they make....Clinton will make things worse with her wealth redistribution and identify politics...

Old 07-26-2016, 10:03 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,281,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
This is one of the things that really bugs me about Trump (and I don't actually think he's a terrible person).

This whole "make American great again" slogan really bothers me.

This is already a great country! In fact, many politicians (including many Republicans) often refer to it as "the greatest country in the world." When did we stop being great? Let me guess, 2008?

It just seems to me that Trump is playing to the lowest common denominator with that slogan.
I think things have definitely gone downhill since 2008. We have millions of people in this country illegally that we are supporting when we can't afford to do that. Our immigration laws used to be respected and mean something. It's not right to offer immunity to people who are breaking our laws and using our resources.

Laws used to mean something. We used to support our police, not glorify thugs who kill them.

Welfare used to be something people accepted only if they HAD to and until they could get on their feet. Now it's a way of life. The number of people on food stamps has exploded under Obama. And who is paying for it? The same people supporting the illegals - the taxpayers.

I grew up in a country where terrorism wasn't anything that even crossed my mind. Police weren't killed for no reason. If police had to make a decision to kill a criminal, they were supported - not vilified. I grew up in a country where it was embarrassing to need help from the government and people had enough pride that they refused help unless there was no other choice, and only as long as they had to. Right was right and wrong was wrong. It seems like a lot of people are calling what is right "wrong" and what is wrong "right" - and I keep seeing that in the DNC. Has everyone gone crazy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies