U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-28-2016, 01:14 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4,370 posts, read 5,146,302 times
Reputation: 3896

Advertisements

I would like to consider myself a life long black conservative. Even if I wasn't raised conservative, I've always held these values. Aside from a small 4 year stint where I was a staunch socialist, I've always considered myself conservative. I do identify more with the libertarian viewpoint now days, because they promote liberty which SHOULD be a conservative value. I also believe that the free market has most solutions, wars are fought for profits, and I don't support cronyism. I also feel libertarians, and even constittutionalist represent everything a conservative should be.

With that said, black conservatives are an absolute joke. Most of them are no intelligent, have little to no insight on issues, and represent poor logic or critical thinking when it comes to issues. Stacy Dash is a perfect example of the issue with black conservatives. Steeped knee deep in intellectual dishonesty, does nothing but bash black people, but the most important thing:

OFFERS NO SOLUTIONS

Seems like most "liberals who like cops and war" aka republicans are so willing to give idiots like Stacy Dash a platform. But she has shown she knows nothing about economics, noting about social issues, nothing about economic conditions in the ghetto, nothing about history that drives most contemporary black thought, and nothing about noting. She is literally there to bash black people. She has no expertise on anything she talks about.

I do think the free market way is the best way to go for black people. But black people must first understand why the free market works for them. Whenever black conservatives get on air, they always have the chance to promote why the free market works. Yet they never do. Just a short piece bashing black people, and that's it.


So it seems like the whole idea of black conservatism is to be shameless apologist for statism, authoritarianism, and totalitarianism. And that's about all they stand for. It becomes painfully obvious when you try to reach out to other black conservatives, and you realize there really isn't anything of substance when it comes to black conservatism.

This is why the face of black conservatism must change. I feel black liberals are quick to criticize Stacy Dash, or some other idiot black commentator. But black conservatives aren't doing it. And that needs to change. Black conservatism isn't just being shills for the status quo. It is based on principals, and I feel black conservatives need to get back to these principals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-28-2016, 01:20 PM
 
1,560 posts, read 1,550,989 times
Reputation: 1637
My favorite conservative thinkers are black guys: i) Walter Williams, ii) Thomas Sowell, iii) Armstrong Williams, and iv) Ben Carson. I'm arch conservative, too. Deeply respect these guys, particularly Walter Williams. I've been blessed by his newspaper columns.


I find it extraordinarily sad that Democrats try to undermine any black who doesn't toe the liberal line by calling them Uncle Toms and traitors. They even pull this stunt with black cops, but I digress. That mentality holds back Black America from reaching their full potential.


Other than Stacy Dash, who I admittedly am not familiar with, which other black conservatives do you dislike?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2016, 01:22 PM
 
Location: Eastern Tennessee
2,535 posts, read 1,830,003 times
Reputation: 6641
Lately, Republican politicians as a whole have not been pillars of conservatism, nor have they been particularly well spoken individuals. I offer GWB as an example. It's been a sad state of affairs past 20 years or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2016, 01:23 PM
 
3,217 posts, read 1,721,035 times
Reputation: 1842
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
I would like to consider myself a life long black conservative. Even if I wasn't raised conservative, I've always held these values. Aside from a small 4 year stint where I was a staunch socialist, I've always considered myself conservative. I do identify more with the libertarian viewpoint now days, because they promote liberty which SHOULD be a conservative value. I also believe that the free market has most solutions, wars are fought for profits, and I don't support cronyism. I also feel libertarians, and even constittutionalist represent everything a conservative should be.

With that said, black conservatives are an absolute joke. Most of them are no intelligent, have little to no insight on issues, and represent poor logic or critical thinking when it comes to issues. Stacy Dash is a perfect example of the issue with black conservatives. Steeped knee deep in intellectual dishonesty, does nothing but bash black people, but the most important thing:

OFFERS NO SOLUTIONS

Seems like most "liberals who like cops and war" aka republicans are so willing to give idiots like Stacy Dash a platform. But she has shown she knows nothing about economics, noting about social issues, nothing about economic conditions in the ghetto, nothing about history that drives most contemporary black thought, and nothing about noting. She is literally there to bash black people. She has no expertise on anything she talks about.

I do think the free market way is the best way to go for black people. But black people must first understand why the free market works for them. Whenever black conservatives get on air, they always have the chance to promote why the free market works. Yet they never do. Just a short piece bashing black people, and that's it.


So it seems like the whole idea of black conservatism is to be shameless apologist for statism, authoritarianism, and totalitarianism. And that's about all they stand for. It becomes painfully obvious when you try to reach out to other black conservatives, and you realize there really isn't anything of substance when it comes to black conservatism.

This is why the face of black conservatism must change. I feel black liberals are quick to criticize Stacy Dash, or some other idiot black commentator. But black conservatives aren't doing it. And that needs to change. Black conservatism isn't just being shills for the status quo. It is based on principals, and I feel black conservatives need to get back to these principals.
Two words...... Allen West.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2016, 01:25 PM
 
Location: Houston
22,541 posts, read 11,603,779 times
Reputation: 9096
I generally agree with Sowell and Williams being exceptions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2016, 01:26 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4,370 posts, read 5,146,302 times
Reputation: 3896
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
My favorite conservative thinkers are black guys: i) Walter Williams, ii) Thomas Sowell, iii) Armstrong Williams, and iv) Ben Carson. I'm arch conservative, too. Deeply respect these guys, particularly Walter Williams. I've been blessed by his newspaper columns.


I find it extraordinarily sad that Democrats try to undermine any black who doesn't toe the liberal line by calling them Uncle Toms and traitors. They even pull this stunt with black cops, but I digress. That mentality holds back Black America from reaching their full potential.


Other than Stacy Dash, who I admittedly am not familiar with, which other black conservatives do you dislike?
Well, I've never heard anyone call Thomas Sowell or Walter E Williams Uncle Toms or sell outs. They don't share a liberal point of view, but they're very well researched, very logical, and their whole platform doesn't revolve around just bashing all black people. The reason why other black conservatives are considered "uncle Toms" is because ALL THEY DO IS BASH BLACK PEOPLE. For guys like Larry Elder that's literally all he does. He serves literally no other purpose, and has literally no other insight beyond that.

You CAN be a black conservative and not feel you should put down black people all of the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2016, 01:31 PM
 
1,560 posts, read 1,550,989 times
Reputation: 1637
And regarding part of the OP's post: the free market system is absolutely the best system for black Americans. If you own your own business, you rely on no other man than yourself. Be your own boss. You control your own destiny.


Socialism has never made anyone rich. Relying on government handouts is no way to go thru life. The Democrats have bought the black vote thru welfare payments. What good has that done the Black community? Is generational welfare really that nice? I'd rather take my chances and start my own business than rely on Democrats to give me $1,200/month for Section 8 housing and food stamps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2016, 01:32 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4,370 posts, read 5,146,302 times
Reputation: 3896
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
My favorite conservative thinkers are black guys: i) Walter Williams, ii) Thomas Sowell, iii) Armstrong Williams, and iv) Ben Carson. I'm arch conservative, too. Deeply respect these guys, particularly Walter Williams. I've been blessed by his newspaper columns.


I find it extraordinarily sad that Democrats try to undermine any black who doesn't toe the liberal line by calling them Uncle Toms and traitors. They even pull this stunt with black cops, but I digress. That mentality holds back Black America from reaching their full potential.


Other than Stacy Dash, who I admittedly am not familiar with, which other black conservatives do you dislike?
Jesse Lee Peterson and Alfonzo Rachel are two people I'm not a fan of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2016, 01:32 PM
 
1,560 posts, read 1,550,989 times
Reputation: 1637
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Well, I've never heard anyone call Thomas Sowell or Walter E Williams Uncle Toms or sell outs. They don't share a liberal point of view, but they're very well researched, very logical, and their whole platform doesn't revolve around just bashing all black people. The reason why other black conservatives are considered "uncle Toms" is because ALL THEY DO IS BASH BLACK PEOPLE. For guys like Larry Elder that's literally all he does. He serves literally no other purpose, and has literally no other insight beyond that.

You CAN be a black conservative and not feel you should put down black people all of the time.
Sowell and Williams are telling the black community to take personal responsibility for themselves. A message I deeply respect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2016, 01:33 PM
 
Location: Newport Beach, California
33,323 posts, read 20,117,121 times
Reputation: 13016
Law enforcement is challenging by nature, but it’s especially hard when the police are expected to serve as a flood gate against the consequences of a million bad policy decisions. That insight largely explains the conservative reflex to sneer when liberals decry oppressive law enforcement. In the eyes of law-and-order conservatives, the police have effectively been tasked with containing the squalor created by decades of liberal folly. Nitpicking the way they go about this nasty job just seems like a bridge too far.

A true “law and order” conservative should demand good laws, and real order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:56 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top