Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 11:36 AM

5,544 posts, read 8,319,034 times

Advertisements

I agree with creme brûlée. Freedom of speech is so important it is part of the first amendment. And that has to do with the freedom to have ideas, to speak ideas, and to share ideas.

This is important to all Americans, if we are to have an America; and it applies to any party or ideology.

By shutting down civil discourse, any network would be wrong.

It is clear to me the establishment has coalesced regardless of party or ideology to shut down dissension from establishment.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-11-2016 at 03:34 PM.. Reason: off topic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2016, 11:39 AM

28,899 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
1) What do 'Dems' have to do with Newsmax?
Newsmax #1 Conservative Site in the Nation

2) Why do you think anyone but the owners of a TV network have any right to the content that network broadcasts? Are you really that confused? Do you think Newsmax (or Fox News, to use another example) is 'violating my free speech' by not giving me airtime? Are you really that hopelessly befuddled over the concept of free speech?
They are violating DML's freedom of speech...
they cut him off right in the middle of his broadcast! Do you know why? Do you know what he was saying...? He was telling people how the Media, is so corrupt and what they do to push their agendas...this isn't about dems against repubs or visa versa....

Newsmax cut him off while he was DML was brodcasting live about how the Media pushes their agendas and how corrupt they are....

Old 08-11-2016, 11:41 AM

39,076 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Oh please. This has nothing to do with free speech. If an employee does not want to do what he is told with respect to the editorial policy of his employer, he gets canned. End of discussion.

Old 08-11-2016, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Oh please. This has nothing to do with free speech. If an employee does not want to do what he is told with respect to the editorial policy of his employer, he gets canned. End of discussion.
Did you watch? I don't think so

Newsmax Host Dennis Michael Lynch Is Pulled Off the Air for Defending Fox News

watch the second video....
He didn't get canned, he was pulled off the air, for doing what he has been doing ever since he's been working for NewsMax....

Old 08-11-2016, 11:44 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,219,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Did you watch? I don't think so

watch the second video....
He didn't get canned, he was pulled off the air, for doing what he has been doing ever since he's been working for NewsMax....
and again, who is "they" and what do they have to do with the Democrats, as has been alleged by some in this thread?

Old 08-11-2016, 11:47 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,819,312 times
Quote:
they cut him off right in the middle of his broadcast! Do you know why? Do you know what he was saying...? He was telling people how the Media, is so corrupt and what they do to push their agendas...this isn't about dems against repubs or visa versa....
How can anyone be so dense?

No, they're not - just like they're not violating my free speech rights by not granting me airtime.

Mr. Lynch enjoys the right to free speech. What he does not enjoy is the right to airtime. He can spout anything he wants - but no business is obligated to give him a platform. By your logic, every publisher has to publish every book submission it gets, or else it's 'violating the free speech' of the writer. And, of course, that notion is laughably absurd.

Do you think I have the right to slap a Clinton bumpersticker on your car? If I do, and you tear it off, by your 'logic' you're violating my right to free speech. Or put a Clinton campaign sign in your front yard? Do you think I have a right to have pro-Clinton articles published on redstate.com or in The National Review? Of course I don't. And it's so glaringly obvious that anyone capable of reading basic English should be able to understand that. Do you think Bill O'Reilly is violating the free speech rights of the guests he occasionally throws off his show in the middle of an interview? Of course he isn't. They have no right to the platform that is Fox News because they don't own Fox News (neither does O'Reilly, for that matter - he speaks on Fox News not because he has the right to do so but because Fox News grants him the privilege of doing so).

You clearly haven't the foggiest idea of the concept of free speech, the lynchpin of the Bill of Rights. How embarrassing for you.

Old 08-11-2016, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
I agree with creme brûlée. Freedom of speech is so important it is part of the first amendment. And that has to do with the freedom to have ideas, to speak ideas, and to share ideas.

This is important to all Americans, if we are to have an America; and it applies to any party or ideology.

By shutting down civil discourse, any network would be wrong.

It is clear to me the establishment has coalesced regardless of party or ideology to shut down dissension from establishment.
anyway, and yes indeed, they shut him down...this is always a live show...and he started talking about how deviate the Media is, how they splice voice overs, how they play music, etc, to push their agendas....

it is finally coming out....DML is standing up for what is right....

and yes, you've got it...it does not apply to any particular side, but to all of us...but some people are just to, Oh I don't know, to grasp it.....

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-11-2016 at 03:35 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 08-11-2016, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
How can anyone be so dense?

No, they're not - just like they're not violating my free speech rights by not granting me airtime.

Mr. Lynch enjoys the right to free speech. What he does not enjoy is the right to airtime. He can spout anything he wants - but no business is obligated to give him a platform. By your logic, every publisher has to publish every book submission it gets, or else it's 'violating the free speech' of the writer. And, of course, that notion is laughably absurd.

Do you think I have the right to slap a Clinton bumpersticker on your car? If I do, and you tear it off, by your 'logic' you're violating my right to free speech. Or put a Clinton campaign sign in your front yard? Do you think I have a right to have pro-Clinton articles published on redstate.com or in The National Review? Of course I don't. And it's so glaringly obvious that anyone capable of reading basic English should be able to understand that. Do you think Bill O'Reilly is violating the free speech rights of the guests he occasionally throws off his show in the middle of an interview? Of course he isn't. They have no right to the platform that is Fox News because they don't own Fox News (neither does O'Reilly, for that matter - he speaks on Fox News not because he has the right to do so but because Fox News grants him the privilege of doing so).

You clearly haven't the foggiest idea of the concept of free speech, the lynchpin of the Bill of Rights. How embarrassing for you.
No, you clearly haven't the foggiest.....and you cannot compare a bumper sticker to shutting his show down...

Old 08-11-2016, 11:52 AM

1,268 posts, read 798,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
So is generic falsehood. I shouldn't have to explain this but Democrats have zero control over Newsmax. Your statement is false and you are lying and like your hero Lyin' Donnie, you can't even recognize that. Sad. Pathetic. Not bigly at all.
Quote:

I don't care what your political affiliation is, be it Dem, Repub, Independent, whatever

This is about freedom of speech and I don't want to get into a dem vs repub argument, this is not about the next President of the U.S. this is about
FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND THIS IS HAPPENING WAY TOO MUCH IN THE U.S.
THIS IS ALSO NOT ABOUT FOX NEWS...ONLY INTELLIGENT COMMENTS WILL BE RESPONDED TO....

but this, this is wrong...

DML was told by the executives of Newsmax

this certainly tells you how controlling the media is...
It is time for Americans to stop allowing their political affiliation to control who they are and what they believe...

It is time for America to stand up against this horse manure.....
Did the government pull this dude off the air? If not, your not talking about free speech. You don't even understand it.

Old 08-11-2016, 11:53 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:

Newsmax cut him off while he was DML was brodcasting live about how the Media pushes their agendas and how corrupt they are....
No, they are not.
First, Newsmax is not government owned.
Second, as his employer, they are well within their rights to decide what is and isn't acceptable for broadcast on their station.

Not sure why people have so much trouble understanding the actual concept of "free speech" as described in the Constitution, but it's pretty darned clear that many will never get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies