Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 02:00 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,635,783 times

Advertisements

Those who believe they are "rich" (when they really are not) are the worst.

Old 08-14-2016, 02:04 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,868,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Once again, it's the in thing to do to hate on "a group" of people, the very thing the left say they hate. I think you need an attitude adjustment yourself op.
so where did i say i hated anyone? i used the phrase "excessively demanding", not the people i hated. my job was to serve the guests, regardless of my feelings towards them, and i did my job well. in the end i just dont hate people, with rare exception.

Old 08-14-2016, 02:12 PM

25,850 posts, read 16,547,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
I've done residential work for both middle class and wealthy clients. In my experience the worst residential jobs ever worked on were for wealthy clients. Rich people tend to b$tch about the little things and to get their way withhold payment. Working class people very seldom give me problems. They all know what it is to work hard for a living and usually pay promptly.
I've worked with all kinds as well. You just have to learn how to deal with rich people. They expect you to be on the ball as they are, and for some that is difficult. I'm very professional with them and keep the small talk to an absolute minimum. I tell them what to expect from a job and I try to give them a good timeline.

Don't ever try to make excuses with wealthy people, just explain to them what has to be done to get the job done. I've had very few problems over the years with them and love the referrals I get for treating them right.

Old 08-14-2016, 02:15 PM

Some rich people are really dumb, totally overrated.

Op, always speak your mind, just be yourself. You will be okay.

Old 08-14-2016, 02:18 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,751,294 times
I find the most horrible people to be the ones that are busy counting other people's money instead of worrying about improving their own lives.

Old 08-14-2016, 02:23 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,760,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
so where did i say i hated anyone? i used the phrase "excessively demanding", not the people i hated. my job was to serve the guests, regardless of my feelings towards them, and i did my job well. in the end i just dont hate people, with rare exception.
The left demonizes in turn encourages hatred of people they believe to be rich. Don't you think that demanding people to pay more when they already pay the majority of taxes while others pay little to nothing is not being demanding?

So who's being demanding? Maybe they're trying to make up for lost money. You don't think they look at you and think, yea, that guy may be on the make them pay their fair share bandwagon.

Old 08-14-2016, 02:25 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,760,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Those who believe they are "rich" (when they really are not) are the worst.
Or those who want them to pay higher taxes because they think they are rich but they aren't rich are the worst.

Old 08-14-2016, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Or those who want them to pay higher taxes because they think they are rich but they aren't rich are the worst.
I would have to agree with you.

Old 08-14-2016, 02:29 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,751,294 times
By the way someone paying for a job to be done, have every right to expect it to be done right. Demanding that someone actually does what they pay them to do does not make them a horrible human being, anybody accepting money for a job and not wanting to do the job correctly and on a timely basis is a far more horrible person, and borderline con artist, the sad part is how many in the working class are willing to put up with paying for shoddy workmanship.

Old 08-14-2016, 02:33 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,868,581 times
Quote:
The left demonizes in turn encourages hatred of people they believe to be rich. Don't you think that demanding people to pay more when they already pay the majority of taxes while others pay little to nothing is not being demanding?

So who's being demanding? Maybe they're trying to make up for lost money. You don't think they look at you and think, yea, that guy may be on the make them pay their fair share bandwagon.
now i am confused. where did i demand that rich people pay more for anything? i was part of the SERVICE INDUSTRY(hospitality actually same thing though), i SERVED those people. i NEVER demanded ANYTHING from them. anything extra i got from them, i received because i did my job very well in their eyes, and they felt i deserved more.

for instance, there was an IBM vice president that came to stay at the lodge i worked at. he asked, at 4:30 in the morning, if he could use a phone line to check his emails and get other work done. i told him certainly. i asked him if he wanted anything, coffee, danish, whatever. he said that would be great, so i got them for him. he asked me how much and i jokingly said $20. as he reached for his wallet i told him i was kidding there was no charge for that stuff. he stayed 2 weeks, as i recall, and each morning i got him wha ever he wanted. at the end when h was checking out, he handed me $100 for a tip. and while i was happy for the tip, i was also happy to serve him anyway.

many was the time i did the same thing for other guests, and never got paid for it, but it was no big deal, i would do the same thing anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies