Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2016, 04:38 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContrarianEcon View Post
a you tube channel. think on that one for a minute
Just to note....it does work. Check out Sondors electric bicycles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2016, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
??? ??? ??? ??? Since when does crowdfunding allow "investors" to hold an equity interest?
They all do not work that way. In the example above what the people got were the first products at a reduced cost.

Old 08-18-2016, 04:41 PM

Quote:
In part they would do that, but as the world's reserve currency everyone needs our debt to buy stuff internationally with.
Temporarily and the more we demand others to bend to our wishes the sooner that ends.

Quote:
So they would make stuff at a loss to get our money with, and pay what we say they need to. All we need to do is turn the tide of supply side economics and have public policies that lower not increase income inequity. but those policies need to work globally as we are in a global economy.
Theories are wonderful things.

Old 08-18-2016, 04:50 PM

3,792 posts, read 2,386,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Temporarily and the more we demand others to bend to our wishes the sooner that ends.
I'm a party pooper. I want responsible government and not crony this and that kind of government.
Quote:
Theories are wonderful things.
Take a look at Trump and Hillary. 6 of one half a dozen of the other. We need real changes in the direction things are going. Or we a going to go the road that Venezuela did.

Old 08-18-2016, 04:53 PM

Quote:
I'm a party pooper. I want responsible government and not crony this and that kind of government.
You have no place to dictate to other countries.

Quote:
Take a look at Trump and Hillary. 6 of one half a dozen of the other. We need real changes in the direction things are going. Or we a going to go the road that Venezuela did.
Stein 2016

Old 08-18-2016, 04:59 PM

Quote:
You have no place to dictate to other countries.
Global market needs global solution. Not dictating to other countries. Just saying we will tax our own for not doing what is in everyone's best interest. It is a hair splitting thing. China did things that were their own internal policies that really hurt us so why not? Overpaying as long as the productivity is there to justify it doesn't hurt anyone.
Quote:
Stein 2016
Not enough info to comment.

Old 08-18-2016, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Global market needs global solution. Not dictating to other countries. Just saying we will tax our own for not doing what is in everyone's best interest. It is a hair splitting thing. China did things that were their own internal policies that really hurt us so why not? Overpaying as long as the productivity is there to justify it doesn't hurt anyone.
I am not interested in a one world government. Few are.

Quote:
Not enough info to comment.
There is nothing to add.

Stein 2016

Old 08-18-2016, 06:37 PM

Quote:
I am not interested in a one world government. Few are.
I'm not as well. But the economic truth is we largely have one world economy and any solution needs to address this.

Old 08-18-2016, 07:17 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
There will never be income equality. However, I still believe that anyone can improve their lot in life through hard work, commonsense and living frugally until their goals are met. The people that succeed, despite starting off with little means, are those who were willing to hold down several jobs, live frugally and also to pool family earnings towards creating a small business or to buy income producing real estate. They didn't lease gas guzzling Escalades, buy fake blingy jewelry or cz mouth grilles or waste money on fake nails and idiotic hair weaves in some effort to live large like their celebrity idols.

What is also keeping many people down or stuck in a cycle of poverty is not finishing their schooling until their education is complete, rushing into adulthood and having children out of wedlock and before they have decent job skills or formed a career path. And there are some who see that by working minimally, they can keep qualifying for Section 8 vouchers or food stamps. The welfare mentality also hold the poor down.

Old 08-19-2016, 07:43 AM

89,031 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
You got yours so drop it already.
What did I get that tens of millions (if not more) of American workers and retirees who have $27 Trillion invested in their pension/retirement accounts didn't also get?

However, the Federal Reserve DID create $2 Trillion in QE to give the tens of thousands of Americans who are 5+ years behind on their mortgage payments free homes (due to statute of limitations expiration on foreclosure), while giving banks only billions (by your own admission, no less), which has been paid back.

I am one of the tens of millions of American workers and retirees who have $27 Trillion invested in their pension/retirement account, but I'm NOT one of the tens of thousands who got a free home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies