Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 10:57 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
So we should let Putin steamroll across the Baltics and Central Asia?
Which one of our states borders is being threatened?

Quote:
Does that mean we (the US) can take over Canada and Mexico just because they are right next door as well?
They do have oil, they're next.

Quote:
Hell, why don't we just go all the way down to Tierra del Fuego since Putin and his lapdog Trump think imperialism is back in vogue.
Hell, why don't we just go back to Vietnam?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2016, 11:31 AM

1,478 posts, read 789,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
When you are a quasi-dictator with sweeping powers to silence and even murder your critics, it's kinda easy to be a branded a "strong leader."

You can say the same thing of Kim Jong Dip**** over in North Korea. He's a Strong Leader! His countrymen and women do exactly what he says, and he never acknowledges any criticisms either.

Think about that next time you get off all over Putin. The hell is wrong with some of you people? Now you're fawning all over a figure whose leadership style is in violent conflict with the kinds of Constitutional values you claim to support? You're not serious people. And kissing this guy's ass is not "strong leadership."

That is all.
You sound like one of those Americans that cheered for and believed in the propaganda silent movie "A Birth of a Nation."

Plenty of people critize Putin in Russia. The ones on the right critize him for not attacking first and being too soft on America. Strangely they are still alive. Putin is one of the greatest leaders in Russian history. Actually, one of the greatest leaders in human history. He far exceeds Obama. And Hillary has spent her life in politics and partly ran the presidency when her husband was in office. Philosophically Putin is no more a "dictator" than she is. The people of his nation democratically elected him. That's democracy. He won't be President for life. You would know that if you weren't so brainwashed.

You need to worry about your own Presidents and own country. I'm not required by Christ to shut up and support Adolf Hitler just because I'm a German national in late 1930's Germany. Likewise, I'm not required by Christ to shut up and support Obama and Hillary as they champion the Muslim Brotherhood, arm and finance Al Qaida and ISIS, and run around toppling governments across the world.

I'm not a conservative (voted for Bernie Sanders--and Obama the first time) but I'm sure conservatives can post a long list of names in this thread of all the numerous Americans Bill and Hillary Clinton have had silenced and murdered for daring to threaten their power and fortune. If the conservatives post it and say it or if it is written in a book it must be true right? You're same "logic" for believing the lies on Putin.

Here is the bilingual woman (British of Russian ancestry I think) who translates Putin videos into English that I often get videos from and info on Putin from Putin. Not the lies and twist of what Putin said according to Westetn news sources.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g00BuuEbI6Y

Notice how she spins the camera around calling out the name "Putin" to see if he is in her room. She states because she speaks Russian as well she saw the Western media intentionally twist and misreporting Putin's words and things about Russia. She's been to Russia herself.

Instead of worrying about Moscow or Damascus why don't you spend more time worrying about Detroit, Chicago, and the numerous other American cities with problems.

This is the 21st century. Videos can capture US police beatings/shootings as well as the US Ambassador to Russia publicly telling Putin on TV--in so many words--that the only reason the US is making Russia out to be a big threat and global boogeyman is to enrich members of the military industrial complex. Exactly how mentally challenged can Americans be?

Old 09-11-2016, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Democrats are too clueless to be giving Trump advice on Russia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdVQu18OWko
Thank you. There is little doubt after watching that video that people are merely religious adherents to their political parties. They're not even questioning Catholics but rather unquestioning Democrats that mimic the cult mindsets you find in the former followers of Charles Manson.

I happen to agree with the Democrats of that period about Russia. I still maintain that stance. It is the Democrats that have shifted to the Republicans view, Mitt Romney view, John McCain view of Russia, and not I. And they have the nerve to talk about conservatives. They adopted the conservatives stance after telling the conservatives they were fools.

I voted for Obama and I've voted for Bernie Sanders. I've been largely disappointed in Obama but Hillary would be even worse. Hillary is essentially a neoconservative on foreign affairs and Trump is more of a liberal on foreign affairs than she is.

NATO was set up to counter the communist Warsaw Pact. The Soviet Union no longer exists and NATO serves no purpose on less it were to be given a new mission. It could be the major leader in the so-called "War on Terror" or at minimum be the primary force to engage ISIS on land, air, and sea. But it does not and is not. Instead, NATO is being used by the US (and undoubtedly her corporate interests) to encircle Russia and expand into Eurasia (for their natural resources likely). And that's what empires do, they use vassal nations March their militaries on other countries, each country they conquer they place their military under the service of the empire to march on yet unconquered nations.

Right now, for political election purposes the Democrats need Russia and Putin to be the boogeyman, so, Americans will vote for someone to protect them from the boogyman. Nota bene, the Democrats support the Muslim Brotherhood (a KKK-like Muslim outfit) but dismiss them to the American voters and public as no boogyman threat to the US even domestically. But Fedral investigation resulting in convictions already illuminate that the Muslim Brotherhood is entrenched in the curricular (public schools) and social systems of modern day American life. That they outlined plans to indoctrinate Americans into thinking they are nice and kind so they can take over the US from within. The Muslim Brotherhood also cooperates with ISIS in Syria. But "Russia" is the problem, not American politicians.

Old 09-11-2016, 12:01 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,952,048 times
The US was safest when he had "our" dictators to keep order in the chaotic regions. This whole dumb idea that it is in the American interest to spread democracy to unstable regions has been a disaster.

Old 09-11-2016, 12:05 PM

Addition to last paragraph of post number 64.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QSxwcPWcLAY

Quote:
The Muslim Brotherhood in American Schools | Brigitte Gabriel
Quote:
Published on Feb 27, 2013"I am waging a Bloodless Revolution in America's Public Schools..." - Shabbir Mansuri (Founder and Director of the Council on Islamic Education)

Old 09-11-2016, 12:19 PM

This interrelates to post number 66.

A video of Putin being interviewed in 1999. They touch on issues such as NATO and the West and terrorism and the potential development of an Islamic State one day.

Pay special note to approximately the 4 minute mark of the video when he says extremist Muslim organization's are already entrenched in the infrastructure of the West. This in part has to do with what he was talking about in regards to "informational wars."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LtYD7hMk09Q

Quote:
Putin predicts the Islamic State, 1999
Inessa S 45,979 views

Old 09-11-2016, 03:17 PM

This guy is supposedly (I can't confirm) a former Muslim Brotherhood member. He states something I already noticed and became aware of sometime ago. That is he says, that at base Obama has sympathies for Islam and not Christianity. He claims Obama tries to empower the Muslim Brotherhood throughout the Middle East and has a brother in the Muslim Brotherhood.

He goes as far to say that Obama may well be a Muslim. Which I find interesting a former Muslim says this given Gaddafi who ran Libya was a Muslim and is on video implying that Obama and the rest of the Muslim world were enthusiastic and hopeful since a Muslim finally got elected President of the United States. Which made me wonder did Gaddafi know something I didn't, as I always thought the charges of Obama being Muslim were mostly groundless. I don't care about having a Muslim President but just say that's who you roll with. Don't pretend to be something else.

Obama may not be Muslim. I am persuaded from street sense that he sympathizes with Islam and not with Christianity. Which is cool. Just don't jerk my chain about it. I don't mind a Protestant telling me he sympathizes with Protestantism, thinks Catholicism and Orthodoxy are corrupt and wrong, he's being honest. But I don't care for the Catholic Priest on Catholic Church payroll that is anti-Catholic. Likewise, I don't care for a President that has a bias but lies about it and tells me--as someone who voted for him--he's 100 equal and fair and objective.

More interesting is this guy says Egptian news reports more on Obama than American news. That Egptians discuss the link between Obama and the Muslim Brotherhood but American news does not.

Finally, the dude says these days he trusts Russia and Putin more than the US Government. LOL.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HMGZUQ81jAo

Old 09-11-2016, 03:37 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
all that matters is trying to 'get along' with them
We tried getting along with the Japanese until they hit Pearl Harbor.

Old 09-11-2016, 03:40 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,950,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post

... He goes as far to say that Obama may well be a Muslim. Which I find interesting a former Muslim says this given Gaddafi who ran Libya was a Muslim and is on video implying that Obama and the rest of the Muslim world were enthusiastic and hopeful since a Muslim finally got elected President of the United States. Which made me wonder did Gaddafi know something I didn't, as I always thought the charges of Obama being Muslim were mostly groundless. I don't care about having a Muslim President but just say that's who you roll with. Don't pretend to be something else.

Obama may not be Muslim. I am persuaded from street sense that he sympathizes with Islam and not with Christianity. Which is cool. Just don't jerk my chain about it. I don't mind a Protestant telling me he sympathizes with Protestantism, thinks Catholicism and Orthodoxy are corrupt and wrong, he's being honest. But I don't care for the Catholic Priest on Catholic Church payroll that is anti-Catholic. Likewise, I don't care for a President that has a bias but lies about it and tells me--as someone who voted for him--he's 100 equal and fair and objective.
Interestingly it was Obama who, in the past, nominated one of Jewish Supreme Court Justices (Kagan) and has recently nominated another Jew for SCOTUS (Garland, if he ever gets a hearing). The same Obama who had both Jewish and Christian religious celebrations in the White House. Besides I think most would agree that Obama is the most pro-LGBT rights president in US history; that is something that would infuriate the hard-core orthodox Muslims both here and abroad.

Old 09-11-2016, 06:35 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,751,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
When you are a quasi-dictator with sweeping powers to silence and even murder your critics, it's kinda easy to be a branded a "strong leader."

You can say the same thing of Kim Jong Dip**** over in North Korea. He's a Strong Leader! His countrymen and women do exactly what he says, and he never acknowledges any criticisms either.

Think about that next time you get off all over Putin. The hell is wrong with some of you people? Now you're fawning all over a figure whose leadership style is in violent conflict with the kinds of Constitutional values you claim to support? You're not serious people. And kissing this guy's ass is not "strong leadership."

That is all.
Real Conservatives know Russia is still an enemy of the USA. Trump is not a true Conservative. Ted Cruz is, but for some reason, Trump voters think he is better then anyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies