Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2016, 01:35 PM

1,327 posts, read 723,239 times

Advertisements

I reject your rejection.

Limbaugh had it right about feminists (and their close relations, the feminazis) all along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2016, 01:37 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkwizitor View Post
Reproductive rights, breast cancer, domestic violence, they already get plenty of attention. Women already get education. Body image, well that's their own responsibility.

Women already get way more than their fair share of attention in many things. Yet they still crave for more. Even children don't demand that much attention.

Maybe it's time for feminists to say thank you to men for creating civilization, pack their bags, and go home. And men really need to stop worshipping women. Women are nothing special.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0GN2kpBoFs4

You CAN Go Your Own Way.

Buh-bye!

Old 10-29-2016, 01:42 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Financialguy View Post
I reject your rejection.

Limbaugh had it right about feminists (and their close relations, the feminazis) all along.
I'm a long-time and quite traditional SAHM and have the utmost respect for my husband with whom I have two sons and one daughter. I also consider myself a feminist. You do not get to control the argument by defining feminism as man-hating. They are not the same thing.

Old 10-29-2016, 01:47 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Financialguy View Post
I reject your rejection.

I see. So, are you a man who upholds traditional values and roles? Have you chosen a traditional woman?

Again, what's a "feminist"? What's a "feminazi"?

Old 10-29-2016, 03:27 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Whaddya, my motha?

"You all"? Who are you speaking to?

It seems YOU need to get over it. Who says "feminists" don't respect men? According to you, I, as a woman who calls herself a feminist, want to "bash, berate, hate, spit at, sneer, curse, and tear men down for being men"? You could not be more wrong. I have always been surrounded by strong, highly opinionated, conservative-minded men. For the most part, I've liked that. I am also the mother of two young men I adore. Let me assure you, that in many ways, I respect and LIKE men more than I do women, but you don't want to get me started on that, believe me. So, your lecture is entirely unnecessary and misdirected. Thanks, though.

Let's consider what a "feminist" really is. I, for example, am a well-educated woman who is a former stay-at-home mom. I left my career and happily took on that traditional role for years. I took primary care of the kids and house, had dinner ready for my husband every night when he got home from work, packed his lunches, and made darn sure he always had clean, pressed clothes to wear. I did the things I think a woman (or man) should be doing if she's at home full time. I also think it's a woman's duty (as it is a man's) to keep herself attractive for her significant other. And, yet...I call myself a feminist. OF COURSE I do. How about that?!

In comparison, I know lots of women who have always lived the so-called "feminist" dream (they're more "feminist" in their beliefs and life choices than someone like me). They take for granted the great sexual freedom feminism brought them, and don't you DARE tell them they perhaps shouldn't quite to the extent they do. They enjoy many more life options and opportunities, such as higher education and advanced degrees that women in previous generations could only imagine. It doesn't even occur to them to take their husband's name if they marry. They refuse to cook. They're not even slightly domestic. They control EVERYTHING in the home and their relationships. And, yet...they INSIST they're not one of those "feminists."

So...who's a "feminist," and who isn't? How about you? Can you explain in which ways, specifically, you're NOT a "feminist"? Since you don't call yourself a "feminist," are you a woman who believes in traditional values? Are you a woman who believes in traditional roles for women? In which ways ARE you a traditional woman? Seems to me, based on your posts in these threads, that you're highly opinionated. It's not that long ago, in days prior to feminism, that a woman publicly expressing strong opinions, especially on political issues (the "natural" domain of men), would have been considered highly unfeminine and unnatural. A veritable witch, in fact.

The truth is, most people today are feminists; they just don't call themselves "feminists." It's all semantics. In my books, YOU are absolutely a feminist.
Oh please, DO get started. People usually end up revealing their true motives once they start talking....so go ahead and do just that.

Yes, I do believe in traditional values. I don't celebrate girls running around half naked, sleeping with every guy at the frat house after getting drunk for the 5th weekend in a row. Whoo, feminism! What great "life choices" and "beliefs" and "sexual freedom" they got. You all don't even see how you're your own worst enemy.

They refuse to cook, refuse to take the man's last name, not even slightly domestic....yeah, you should hear what guys think about that. Seems to me that a lot of females out there don't have a damn clue how to keep their guy happy. Oh, I know, "how DARE you tell me to 'keep my guy happy', that's repulsive to even suggest that I should do so!". I know, you got married for what reason? Certainly NOT to keep him happy! Pscht! Who the hell wants that?

You're not going to feed him, clean the house you both live in, take his last name to show that you are bonded, "demand" respect, run around doing whatever you want...but you "adore" men. Not with that attitude you don't.

And you wonder why guys think feminists are a bunch of self-serving hags who hate men? I'm female and I think feminists are a bunch of self serving hags who hate men. Why on earth does a feminist need to bash on males to make herself feel better? Why does she need to bash on males to try to make herself look better? Why does she need to emasculate males and "run the house" telling everyone what to do?

As I said before, if all these "ladies" were so sure of themselves, they woudln't need to bash on males, emasculate males, tell males that everything they do and say is wrong and "offensive", try to change males, try to force people to accept them in to jobs that they clearly can NOT do, refuse to accept that there is a biological difference between males and females. You all can cloud that with "what do I feel like today" and call yourselves whatever gender or species that you want, but that does not change the reality that you, as a female, absolutely can NOT do every single thing a man can do. Deal with it.

If some girls are lesbian and don't like males, that's fine, but they need to stop attacking them for deep-seated daddy issues.

I'm not a feminazi, no. I happen to like males. I know that males do a lot of things that I would never do, and I know they are a lot different than females - which is the main reason I like them. I have respect for them, as a whole, for who and what they are.

Old 10-29-2016, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Oh please, DO get started. People usually end up revealing their true motives once they start talking....so go ahead and do just that.

Yes, I do believe in traditional values. I don't celebrate girls running around half naked, sleeping with every guy at the frat house after getting drunk for the 5th weekend in a row. Whoo, feminism! What great "life choices" and "beliefs" and "sexual freedom" they got. You all don't even see how you're your own worst enemy.

They refuse to cook, refuse to take the man's last name, not even slightly domestic....yeah, you should hear what guys think about that. Seems to me that a lot of females out there don't have a damn clue how to keep their guy happy. Oh, I know, "how DARE you tell me to 'keep my guy happy', that's repulsive to even suggest that I should do so!". I know, you got married for what reason? Certainly NOT to keep him happy! Pscht! Who the hell wants that?

You're not going to feed him, clean the house you both live in, take his last name to show that you are bonded, "demand" respect, run around doing whatever you want...but you "adore" men. Not with that attitude you don't.

And you wonder why guys think feminists are a bunch of self-serving hags who hate men? I'm female and I think feminists are a bunch of self serving hags who hate men. Why on earth does a feminist need to bash on males to make herself feel better? Why does she need to bash on males to try to make herself look better? Why does she need to emasculate males and "run the house" telling everyone what to do?

If some girls are lesbian and don't like males, that's fine, but they need to stop attacking them for deep-seated daddy issues.

I'm not a feminazi, no. I happen to like males. I know that males do a lot of things that I would never do, and I know they are a lot different than females - which is the main reason I like them. I have respect for them, as a whole, for who and what they are.

Did you even READ my post?? When people speak to you, do you actively listen? Or are you too eager to say what YOU want to say that you don't hear a word the other person says?

You might not call yourself a "feminist," but you certainly are. You're no wallflower, that's for sure.

There ya go again. Who's "you all"? Do you think you know me well enough to assume anything about me? Despite the fact that I call myself a feminist, there's a good chance I'm more traditional than you are. So, again, what's a "feminist"?

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 10-29-2016 at 03:42 PM..

Old 10-29-2016, 03:41 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Did you even READ my post?? When people speak to you, do you actively listen? Or are you too eager to say what YOU want to say that you don't hear a word the other person says?

You might not call yourself a "feminist," but you certainly are. You're no wallflower, that's for sure.
When I see a bunch of BS written, I skim the nonsense. I got the gist of your post which is that all you feminists hate men. It would seem that YOU did not read my post.

I don't care if you hate men, that's on you, but don't even try to act morally superior for doing so.

Old 10-29-2016, 03:46 PM

Quote:

As I said before, if all these "ladies" were so sure of themselves, they woudln't need to bash on males, emasculate males, tell males that everything they do and say is wrong and "offensive", try to change males, try to force people to accept them in to jobs that they clearly can NOT do, refuse to accept that there is a biological difference between males and females. You all can cloud that with "what do I feel like today" and call yourselves whatever gender or species that you want, but that does not change the reality that you, as a female, absolutely can NOT do every single thing a man can do. Deal with it.

What a bunch of hooey!
  • Have never used drugs or drunk to excess
  • Took my husband's name (kept my maiden name as my middle as is tradition for the women in my family going back generations)
  • Quit my job when our first child was born, putting my family above all else, and only recently began working part-time to help cover my children's college expenses
  • Have always dressed conservatively and expect my children to do the same
  • Have had one lover in my life
  • Cook pretty much every night
  • Keep a neat and orderly house
  • Take responsibility for household finances, holidays, and travel planning, exercising relative frugality for our household income
  • Am devoted to my husband and never bash him, my sons, or any male for that matter

STILL consider myself a feminist!

Last edited by randomparent; 10-29-2016 at 04:31 PM..

Old 10-29-2016, 03:49 PM

Quote:

There ya go again. Who's "you all"? Do you think you know me well enough to assume anything about me? Despite the fact that I call myself a feminist, there's a good chance I'm more traditional than you are. So, again, what's a "feminist"?
Of course not. The voices in her head are too loud to hear what anybody else has to say.

Old 10-29-2016, 03:52 PM

Quote:
When I see a bunch of BS written, I skim the nonsense. I got the gist of your post which is that all you feminists hate men. It would seem that YOU did not read my post.

I don't care if you hate men, that's on you, but don't even try to act morally superior for doing so.
No, no, no. You're not gonna do that. You're not going to put words into my mouth, straw man.

I read your post very clearly, because I'm not the least bit intimidated by what you wrote, and I'm perfectly prepared to have an intelligent, civil discussion on the subject. You, on the other hand, read what you WANT to read, go into angry, personal attack mode and become uncivil.

But, yeah, you present yourself as a nice, demure, traditional, gentle woman. Sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies