Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 12:59 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
My god...I'm so grateful many women don't buy this garbage.
Most women know that this is true...

You must not be a woman.

As stated, I am married. I love my husband, but he doesn't work nearly as much as I do at home. And I know a lot of women and all of them say the same things. Most of our husbands do a lot of leisure (playing on phones, video games, watching movies, golfing, basketball, etc.) activities and not a lot of housework. I don't have time to do any of those things every day or even once a week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2016, 01:02 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Well I think it is true that women take on the lions share of domestic and child care even when they work full time and it has been my experience but I dont see it as an issue of equal rights. It is a choice a woman makes. Deal with it.
Deal with what?

Each individual can decide what they want in a relationship. Giving men "tips" on cleaning is absurd.

Old 10-11-2016, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Most women know that this is true...

You must not be a woman.

As stated, I am married. I love my husband, but he doesn't work nearly as much as I do at home. And I know a lot of women and all of them say the same things. Most of our husbands do a lot of leisure (playing on phones, video games, watching movies, golfing, basketball, etc.) activities and not a lot of housework. I don't have time to do any of those things every day or even once a week.
Sounds like you need renegotiate your life.

Old 10-11-2016, 01:12 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Deal with what?

Each individual can decide what they want in a relationship. Giving men "tips" on cleaning is absurd.
I didnt read the link. Just agree women generally do most of the domestic and child care and are the ones who opt. to sacrifice career for flexible hours to do so.

Women should deal with the extra chores and career hit if that is what they chose to do. Don't have kids if you aren't willing to do what it takes career wise, either have outside help or know your husband will pull his weight or be prepared to take a career hit. Its not like you have to.
This is an area men and women are still working on. IMO it is changing where parenting and overall family responsibilities are becoming more shared and equal. These arrangements are personal and diverse among couples.

Old 10-11-2016, 01:15 PM

Quote:
I didnt read the link. Just agree women generally do most of the domestic and child care and are the ones who opt. to sacrifice career for flexible hours to do so.

Women should deal with the extra chores and career hit if that is what they chose to do. Don't have kids if you aren't willing to do what it takes career wise, either have outside help or know your husband will pull his weight or be prepared to take a career hit. Its not like you have to.
This is an area men and women are still working on. IMO it is changing where parenting and overall family responsibilities are becoming more shared and equal. These arrangements are personal and diverse among couples.
If you're open and honest with what you want then these issues don't come up. It really is that simple.

Old 10-11-2016, 01:15 PM

12 posts, read 11,062 times
Quote:
What particular feminist organization or individual statement is that. That they want women TO BE men in every way? What little I have searched the web for legitimate feminist organizations they lobby women's issues like health, reproductive services, equal pay, etc.

If you are ever in a situation where you need the police make sure you let them know you don't need any assistance from a woman dressed in a cop uniform.

And BTW cops dont do long term fighting. Thats why they shoot perps. Firearm, the great equalizer.
I suggest you take your own bizarre advice, not interested

And Cops surely do participate in long term fighting. Criminals do not honor stop watches!

Old 10-11-2016, 01:18 PM

Quote:
If you're open and honest with what you want then these issues don't come up. It really is that simple.
Basically. I wouldn't say anything is that simple especially in relationships. People are often not what the appear to be and often dont do as they say or often they just change but this is not a feminist or equality issue.
No one has to get married or have kids or stay in a marriage they are not happy with.

Old 10-11-2016, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanMarman View Post
I suggest you take your own bizarre advice, not interested

And Cops surely do participate in long term fighting. Criminals do not honor stop watches!
I'm not the one who claims they don't want help from female officers. Or a woman dressed in a police uniform as you refer to them.

Well, what I see officers usually take down a perp pretty quick. The longer they struggle the higher chances their life may be in danger so.

Old 10-11-2016, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Basically. I wouldn't say anything is that simple especially in relationships. People are often not what the appear to be and often dont do as they say or often they just change but this is not a feminist or equality issue.
No one has to get married or have kids or stay in a marriage they are not happy with.
Yes agreed.

I'm a neat freak. My ex-girlfriends have all commented that I take over any communal chores because it's just how I roll. And they've all pretty much agreed that they can't clean or cook as well as me. Most of them have made more money than me too.

Old 10-11-2016, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Yes agreed.

I'm a neat freak. My ex-girlfriends have all commented that I take over any communal chores because it's just how I roll. And they've all pretty much agreed that they can't clean or cook as well as me. Most of them have made more money than me too.
You sound like quite a catch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies