Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 02:04 PM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times

Advertisements

Poor people I know think they are the s**t. They have big clannish families, take over wherever they go, make fun of educated people, wear lots of fake bling, and pile stuff in their front yards for everyone to see. No shame there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2016, 02:13 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Poor people I know think they are the s**t. They have big clannish families, take over wherever they go, make fun of educated people, wear lots of fake bling, and pile stuff in their front yards for everyone to see. No shame there.
Clean your yard up.

Old 10-12-2016, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Clean your yard up.

Hahahaha!

Actually I did that today - leaves and acorns. My trash neighbor doesnt rake at all and his trashy leaves blow into my yard. He does not hate himself at all, he just thinks he is clever.

Old 10-12-2016, 06:02 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Your quote does not back up your accusations. Your quote is that the poor is urged to hate themselves, not that they do.

Yes, politicians do this. We are seeing people finally pushing back.
EXACTLY!!!!!

It's one thing to take some quote from an elitist like Vonnegut, who happened to attend Cornell... so, he is hardly a surrogate of the poor and certainly not a good representative of them. Just another wealthy a$$ looking down his nose at them.

Quote:
Hahahaha!

Actually I did that today - leaves and acorns. My trash neighbor doesnt rake at all and his trashy leaves blow into my yard. He does not hate himself at all, he just thinks he is clever.
...well, if you clean his leaves from your yard, he is clever.

Maybe you should invest in a good strong blower and send them back to his yard.

Last edited by steven_h; 10-12-2016 at 06:12 PM..

Old 10-12-2016, 06:14 PM

[quote=steven_h;45804535

...well, if you clean his leaves from your yard, he is clever.[/quote]

Yes, he is. Poor people are not necessarily stupid or self hating. His house is bad, but he doesn't care, he could clean it up even if he cannot afford improvements, but he prefers to do other things which he enjoys more than yard work. I should be the one hating myself for doing his work.

Old 10-12-2016, 06:14 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Hahahaha!

I was using a figure of speech. Obviously you have not.

Old 10-12-2016, 06:32 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,963,795 times
Quote:
Hahahaha!

Why didnt you dump your leaves and acorns in his yard to teach him a lesson?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q

Old 10-12-2016, 06:46 PM

1,147 posts, read 718,489 times
It must be tough living in America.

The pressure to survive knowing you'll have little support if things go wrong (e.g. job loss, health) would be stressful. It's admirable that people manage it though.

Old 10-12-2016, 06:59 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Vonnegut's one of my favorite writers.

Over 90% of Americans are one big medical problem or lawsuit away from being bankrupt and destitute.

I don't think most people realize how easily they can go from affluent to homeless.
I'm 1 of those Americans that's Vonnegut's talking about but; I look at some place like Mexico or Haiti, things here ain't that bad for me.

Old 10-13-2016, 02:14 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,811,465 times
I think most people shouldn't blame themselves for their misfortune so you're generally right but I hate myself because I could have done better. I know it's not just me that messed my life up believe me there's a lot of ignorance out there and one I blame in particular but at the same time I should have not let people take advantage of me. I know I'm trying now but that doesn't change the fact that I screwed up too so I regret this every day. Now since I have a past of being a pushover it's almost like people know this so they try to cut deeper into me when I am trying to stand up for myself.

Also even though I'm trying now someone always does it better than me. Some of these candidates aren't better than me on the inside as many people are jerks but they are able to project that they are better. I am always doing something wrong. I may be working hard but I'm not working smart.

I know I can't change the past but it's pathetic that I am the same situation as the scumbucket. I know I'm not an ahole like him but at the same time I'm no more efficient than him and that makes me scum adjacent to myself especially when I am his daughter so that makes him a part of me.

Last edited by Nickchick; 10-13-2016 at 02:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies